Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 11:12   #3166
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
The only change they had done today is blocking of the Kadubisnahalli junction for traffic, now all traffic was routed under the pass. So effectively 4 lanes were diverging into 1.
Thats the reason for jam. 4 lanes merging into 3 causes jam. Imagine 4 merging into 1. What if some vehicle breaks down in that 1 lane?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Yeah avoid and go where?
Probably construction cannot continue with traffic. Alternatively, people starting from BTM & before can take IRR & reach Marathahalli. But this adds 15~20 min more and may be better than getting stuck in jam.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:25   #3167
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
T
Probably construction cannot continue with traffic. Alternatively, people starting from BTM & before can take IRR & reach Marathahalli. But this adds 15~20 min more and may be better than getting stuck in jam.
Provided they know about it in advance!
Old 11th April 2012, 11:40   #3168
BHPian

Quote:
This is the BEST thread to trash them!
Thats cool.. i can vent out everyday in this thread.

Today's story: i keep tab of rough distances and how much auto fare costs approximately for a particular distance. Today by the time i reached LRDE junction, the meter showed Rs.30 when it should have shown Rs.22. Imagine how much extra i would have paid for regular fare of Rs.120 + hiked prices!!

I stopped the autowala and pointed out that this is a tampered meter. He started arguing that it is correct. I started dialling the traffic control room when this fellow said, ok gimme the regular fare which you give everyday.

So the day is saved, thanks to a fake call to Traffic control room

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
That is exactly the reason why I stopped riding autos. I either take my car or bike or ask a friend for a lift and worst case scenario is a Volvo/BMTC!

The last time I tried for an auto was from Forum to Shopper's Stop in Bannerghatta Road. He asked for an outrageous amount. Told him to go as per the meter. The smart alec came back with "You guys can pay for the overpriced stuff in the malls, but you cant pay us".

my humble retort was " I will buy 'pav' and feed it to the dogs with that money.its none of his business to tell me what I should do with my hard earned money" ... And took off.
You are lucky. I cant take Volvo as i have to change 3 buses to reach my office and the extra time and effort is simply not worth it. Till i take delivery of my car, i am stuck.

Some autowalas have already started asking for extra over the hiked prices!! When i ask why, the LPG charges have increased again.

Oh, please. Isnt that why a huge hike in auto fares happened just a month back?

Then the autowala goes on to bash the UPA party which is responsible for the price hikes!!

The rant goes on...

Last edited by Pallavi : 11th April 2012 at 11:46. Reason: Deleting extra smiley
Old 11th April 2012, 11:57   #3169

Wow, I like this place since the traffic in this city never ceases to piss me off and this is where we can rant

Autorickshaws - I have become allergic to these greed fueled insults to humanity. I have lost the ability to hold a sane conversation with an auto driver, let alone agreeing to ride with one. I would rather walk, or maybe even die, than give in to their ridiculous demands.

I feel better already, I sometimes wish T-BHP was a radio station that I could listen to on the way but alas I have keep my eyes on the road for the next idiot to make a mistake. This thread is great, cheers!

Kunal

Last edited by kunaljha_BHP : 11th April 2012 at 12:07. Reason: Incorrectly Expressed
Old 11th April 2012, 12:40   #3170
Team-BHP Support

So I had to hire an autorickshaw a few weeks ago, for a relative of mine. I wasn't happy doing it, but had to. So our man wanted 350 bucks for a drop from Indiranagar to Bannerghatta Road. I was flummoxed and seething in anger now.

This is what transpired, immediately after (pardon my scratchy Kannada *grins*):

Me: Nim' gaadi elli airconditioner idiya? (Is there an AC in your vehicle?)

Driver: Eh? Illa Saar..

Me: LCD TV idiya, nammige? (Is there an LCD TV for us?)

Driver: System idey Saar, nodi.. (music-system is there, see.. *gesturing at the '80s boom-box behind the passenger seat*)

Me: Err.. Internet idiya? (is there internet? )

Driver: Ummm... *scratches head*

Me: Yaake 350 beku boss? Special gaadi aaa, idhu? (Why do you want 350, is this a special vehicle?)

Driver: OK Boss *and drives off*
suhaas307 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 12:53   #3171
Senior - BHPian

Live report, still stuck at the ORR jam. I'm here for last half an hour. Avoid this route at any cost. Fromm tomorrow I'll have to take alternate route..
kaushik_s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 13:20   #3172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Me: Yaake 350 beku boss? Special gaadi aaa, idhu? (Why do you want 350, is this a special vehicle?)
This is cool Suhas.

One autowala in Bagmane Techpark asked me Rs.250 to go to Salarpuria Silverwoods!! This is near Old Madras Road, Big Bazar.

Can use this on such occasions
Pallavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 13:22   #3173
Team-BHP Support

I was part of mayhem on the ORR this morning. I was on my way to work via the Panathur road to join the ORR, when i got stuck in the jam. I thought it was some senseless motorists who had driven up the wrong way who caused it, which wasnt entirely wrong anyway.

What happened is as follows :
As others have mentioned, the new tunnel only allows one lane of traffic to go through it towards JP Morgan. Needless to say, this was densely populated. Now, on top of the tunnel, which is where i was stuck at, the single lane which was present beside the place where the excavation is going on, was almost closed, or made rather narrow. This appears to be because there was some further width added to the excavation for the tunnel.

What ensued as a result is that all the buses and trucks which had joined the junction on top of the tunnel now couldnt squeeze through this gap. I just about managed it on my Scorpio, with my mirrors folded. So, all of them tried to use the single lane road near Unwind Island to reach the next opening in front of JP Morgan. With vehicles trying to ply on both directions on this stretch, the end result was easily predictable.

As i was past the bottleneck, i could see vehicles piled up all the way past Marathalli - Kalamandir. I cannot even fathom the thought of driving home in the evening tonight.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 13:28   #3174
Senior - BHPian

Few days back, around noon, I am going down the IRR towards Koramangala. The location is just before the U-turn spot between EGL and Ejipura junction. I am cruising along on the middle lane, a couple of bikes are a car-length behind me on the left lane, and a Maruti Omni with the branding of a private pre-school and full of little kids is on the right lane a few metres ahead of me, with its indicator on to take the U-turn.

As we approach the break in the median (where a couple of cars are waiting to make the U-turn), this Omni suddenly, without any hint of such an intention, switches over to my lane. I brake hard, and somehow manage to avoid the Omni as well as the bikers to my left.

The reason? He wanted to take the U-turn ahead of the other vehicles waiting at the break in median. So his intention was to drive to the front of the queue and take the turn before all the others.

Lesson: the two-second rule should be applied even to vehicles in adjacent lanes, not just to the ones in your own lane!
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 13:33   #3175
Team-BHP Support

@benbsb29 - thanks for that information. I took the underpass exit like I usually do, and didn't really know what was causing the mess on the top. I think this will continue for some more days, given our traffic police's preparedness. At least you guys were driving with the AC in your cars. Imagine the plight of poor motorists like me . Summer heat, full riding gear on, standing for hours together under the hot sun with no shelter or breeze whatsoever. I left my place (Jayanagar) at 8.45am and reached office at 11.30 (ITPL) today. Dreading the return journey

The sarjapur road detour to New Horizon college won't help either. It joins before Cessna park, where the problem area is. I think I will leave early and take the Domlur Intermediate ring road from tomorrow, that's the only option to avoid this mess.

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th April 2012 at 13:35.
Old 11th April 2012, 14:09   #3176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Provided they know about it in advance!
Right. Police can do their bit by announcing their plan at least a week in advance, so that office buses/regular commuters can re-route for the duration.
Old 11th April 2012, 15:32   #3177
Senior - BHPian

For how long will this ORR fiasco last? Recently, the traffic from Carmelaram to Gunjur and Varthur had gone down significantly, and I could reach office in just about half an hour (via Dommasandra). I guess city dwellers will be back on this route tomorrow, and villagers like me will have to add 15 more minutes to my 19 km trip to office
Old 11th April 2012, 15:43   #3178
Senior - BHPian

Now I foresee loads of traffic Jam at IRR too today evening. Most of the people who got stuck today will take the IRR or some other alternate route.
Anyway, for me it took almost an hour to cross the traffic jam today. Whoever have to take the ORR, please avoid taking the service roads as it seems the main road traffic moves faster.
Old 11th April 2012, 15:56   #3179
Senior - BHPian

Traffic seems to be fine now along ORR

BTIS - Bangalore Transport Information System
Old 11th April 2012, 18:11   #3180
BHPian

Horrible traffic jam at ORR in front of j p Morgan towards bellandur right now. Please avoid this route if possible.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks