Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2012, 11:13   #3391
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Even i take this road more often these days, rather than the Carmelaram road. Only issue on this road is some narrow passages as it cuts through some villages. If you are faced with a bus from the opposite side, then there is a bit of a hassle going through. Also, if you are behind a bus, then he will almost never let you overtake.
Yes i like the Mullur village. Its like proper village with temple, greenery and monkeys jumping in those banyan tree too. I always stop at mullur while returning and get a smoke from kirana shop. Speak with that shop keeper. It fells good.
Old 19th May 2012, 16:01   #3392
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Yes i like the Mullur village. Its like proper village with temple, greenery and monkeys jumping in those banyan tree too.
Tell me about it. Infact, we had gone on a drive on this road just this afternoon!

We first discovered this road when we were exploring the nearby places on weekends after moving in to the Sarjapur road area. The laidback villages, green pastures all make for a soothing drive on the way back from work. The good thing is most cabbies do not use this road, so rash driving is on the lower side.

Its actually interesting to see there are a lot of us TBHPians who use these non-conventional roads quite regularly.
Old 19th May 2012, 19:29   #3393
Senior - BHPian

This is a new route I discovered a couple of days back. One can go from Intel Office, ORR to Varthur Police station very fast and easy. Not much traffic, no railway crossing, no nasty speed breakers and just some 100m bad stretch. Not to mention the scenic surroundings.

Unknown road to State Highway 35 - Google Maps
Old 21st May 2012, 08:14   #3394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Its actually interesting to see there are a lot of us TBHPians who use these non-conventional roads quite regularly.
In my case. It is more of a necessity than leisure .
I have to go all the way from Sarjapur town to Bellandur to drop my wife, since there are no direct buses.

There are very few AC buses from Sarjapur to Iblur. Crossing the road at Iblur flyover is a nightmare. I care for her safety than my time or global warming .

Since it takes me 15 minutes to reach Wipro (12 km from home) and another 15 minutes to reach her office from Wipro (3 km), I am so used to driving on empty roads.

And OT: I sometimes play football at Mullur village school ground on weekends.
Old 21st May 2012, 12:49   #3395
Senior - BHPian

someone put speed breakers, that too rumble strips, on the Hennur underpass!! this is ridiculous!!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_6365.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_6366.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 13:09   #3396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
someone put speed breakers, that too rumble strips, on the Hennur underpass!! this is ridiculous!!

Attachment 930143

Attachment 930144
Tell me about it. Very slow moving traffic this morning and sure enough these speed breakers. I assume this is due to the sharp curve. I dont think any place has these sharp curves anywhere, even our Metro is slow due to sharp curves.
Old 21st May 2012, 18:59   #3397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
looks like lot of people were taken by surprise!

man, that will lead to crawling speeds during peak hours! Bad design, takes away the purpose of an under pass. i guess it will be removed soon.
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:44   #3398
Senior - BHPian

I am having a good time driving to office these days. Yesterday there was a broken down truck on the Varthur lake road. It seemed overloaded. I think its rear axle was broken. It was supported by 3 hydraulic jacks. I also saw 2 tyres with vertically crushed rims. There were 7-8 cops, including inspectors, trying to regulate the traffic.

I wish our cops spent their energy in checking overloaded trucks entering the city, instead of sunfilms.

Today a BMTC bus broke down in front of Varthur police station. The jam extended to more than a KM. But most people were sensible enough not to block oncoming traffic.
Old 22nd May 2012, 13:37   #3399
BHPian

We live in Sarjapur Road area and a friend mentioned a shortcut to EC from our place. We typically hit Hosa Road, enter Hosur Road and then continue onto EC.

The new route is significantly shorter both in time and distance (atleast it felt so). Right after Mico Bosch on Hosa Road, you'll find an intersection with a Y junction. Take a sharp (almost hairpin turn) left onto this road. Its a decent two-lane road (SJR is building something there) that will lead you to a small village. Right when you enter the village, you'll find a temple beneath a large tree. Take a right at this place and then continue on. In about 2km you'll find yourself near Mahindra Satyam. From there, you can get back onto the service road and cut across to EC 2nd gate.

Yesterday, it took us about 25 mins from Sarjapur road to office. Today it took us 15 minutes. From the turn near Mico Bosch to the Satyam center it took me exactly 7 minutes. Attaching a link for this below:

Link for new Route

Last edited by Mad Max : 22nd May 2012 at 13:40.
Mad Max is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:21   #3400
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I took this route a couple of years back and it wasn't fully tarred. How is the condition now for regular sedans and hatchbacks. Roads that are good for SUV's are usually not for small cars.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd May 2012 at 17:51. Reason: shortened the quoted text
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:33   #3401
BHPian

The road is mostly tarred (and is in good condition as per Indian standards) except for a very small stretch near the village temple area. There isn't much traffic on the road, mostly bikes and a few cars. I drive a Spark and its pretty easy to wind through the place without a hiccup. SUVs may be a bit bulky but IMO, its just more driving skill and reducing speed. The road itself is wide enough (in most places) for two hatchbacks to pass each other.
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:53   #3402
Senior - BHPian

Huge pileup on Bannerghatta road, opposite to Airtel building, just after Jayadeva circle when going towards city.
A cement truck rammed right into traffic that was at the red light. I saw at least 4 cars, two autos and a few two wheelers impacted. Couldnt stop to take pictures though.
Credit to the traffic police though that they were there within minutes and were working on clearing the traffic.
I count this as my lucky day because had i been 10 seconds late to that intersection, i would have been in the middle of the pileup!!
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:52   #3403
Team-BHP Support

There was a jam starting to happen at Domlur IRR today morning. It was a sand truck which had broken down on the flyover ramp, when going from EGL campus towards Indiranagar/Manipal hospital roads. Luckily I was on my way to office a little early today, so I didn't spend more than 10 minutes at this mess since there was not much traffic at around 8.30am. I think by now the jam will have escalated on IRR all the way till Ejipura signal. Anyone who travelled after 9.30 on this route - could you confirm the traffic situation around EGL now?

P.S - why are these heavy trucks allowed in the city during peak hours, especially on flyovers and these rush-hour routes like ORR/IRR? they break down in all the wrong places and cause massive pileups every time.

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd May 2012 at 10:55.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:55   #3404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
why are these heavy trucks allowed in the city during peak hours, especially on flyovers and these rush-hour routes like ORR/IRR? they break down in all the wrong places and cause massive pileups every time.
For a while, traffic police used to prevent heavy vehicles (trucks only) from plying on Bannerghatta road during peak hours. They used to stop them just before Meenakshi temple where the double road starts. It used to be a much better drive then. Sadly, they are not doing this anymore. And every week, there is at least one breakdown on that road that causes a huge jam.
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:03   #3405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
There was a jam starting to happen at Domlur IRR today morning.
i saw the broken down truck in the opposite lane when heading towards office this morning. i would have passed through that spot around 8:30ish and at that time the jam was already extending till the EGL entrance (opposite side).

the best part was that the truck was on the right lane! when will these idiots learn to drive properly
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks