Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 19:02   #3556
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

New strategy by traffic police.

To resolve situations created by traffic accidents, traffic police are now resorting to forced compromises.

I was squeezed by a bus into a neighboring lane at Trinity circle where the so called lane discipline is being implemented, the chaos already reported here on this thread. The next car's rear bumper hooked on to my front bumper and caused damages.

We took both the vehicles to the police station where I asked that the claims be made through my insurance vendor.

Blank refusal! We were asked to settle through cash. Failing which both the vehicles would be impounded to check if the vehicles were responsible for the accident when it was clearly the fault of the bad implementation of the lane discipline exercise. For everybody's information, lane change must be made well in advance. For the past two weeks, those who have made timely lane changes find that midway the lane has been barricaded for pothole repair! We are forced to suspend lane discipline, change to next lane, and then switch back after the pothole!

When confronted, the police held that I should have gone on airport road, taken a u turn, return to same spot, and then attempted the lane change. Several friend have reported their cars being impounded and spending thousands to get their vehicles out of the fault finding witch hunt by the police.

Anyhow, it seems pointless to take comprehensive insurance, as the police will just force one to settle out of court. Third party to be taken just for compliance.

Last edited by proton : 6th July 2012 at 19:05.
Old 6th July 2012, 20:35   #3557
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
You could have taken photograph with number plate and showing green signal for left turn. Then to be posted on BTP's FB page. They will surely respond that they have sent notice (donot know how far its true)
As you can see through the Bolero's windshield, the green light at the bottom and the red light at the top, both are switched on. One familiar with the junction (for example, any policeman) will know that the bottom green light is left turn (although my poor cell phone camera did not capture it clearly).

The car's number is KA 01 G 5222 (I can read Kannada digits, but with some difficulty )
Old 6th July 2012, 21:06   #3558
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Coming from Marathahalli towards HAL, one lane is closed since they are laying pipes.

Like a good citizen, most of us queued up. As you would know, plenty of the LCV's, indicabs, sumo's decide to go on the wrong side of the road and try to butt in when the road works end.

To cout a long story short, the leader of the pack butts in and hits an Indicar holding up these guys. A cleaner from a tempo gets out to stop us and allow passage. I drive straight at him and he jumps, all other traffic join in and do not let give these folks a chance. sicne the queue backed up, I guess they were waiting a long time!

Natural justice!
Man this has to be the worst nightmare. I was headed back on that road the other day and innumerable Sumos, Indicabs, Company buses etc were playing merry hell on the other side of the road, shooting along on the wrong side and then barging in to rejoin the correct lane once the road works portion ended. It is absolute chaos there and anarchy. What are the great stupid BTP doing to enforce lane discipline there?
Nothing at all!
Frankly Bangalore is choking. Nothing other than the weather is good about the city any more. Very sad indeed.
Our unstable confused Idiotic government and their antics are affecting every aspect of our lives, giving rise to rampant anarchy everywhere, all the time. Ot far out to describe ourselves as a bunch of uncivilized so and so's.
Nothing will work here except enforcing hefty fines and beatings with sticks. Fear is the only thing that will get our chaps to fall in line.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 6th July 2012 at 21:08.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 22:04   #3559
BHPian

Maybe we need to follow this example set by South American countries to control our traffic!

Venezuela trains mimes to fight traffic chaos - GlobalPost

-- Wind
Old 6th July 2012, 22:06   #3560
BHPian

Looks like the more civic development happens in Bangalore the more uncivilised we become. Hate the condition of the roads these days as echoed by every single BHPian in Bangalore. If this is the case Id rather have the old Bangalore with its greens and civilised people the time when the term Garden City was still apt. The influx of wild cabbies, rowdy autos, uncivilised bad drivers has made Bangalore a nightmare. The condition is so bad that now i feel more comfortable travelling in an auto than driving my own car which inevitably leads to hypertension and me showing my anger on my near and dear ones.
No greens, no civic sense, no respect for fellow human beings and corruption at every possible level is just plaguing our beautiful city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind
Maybe we need to follow this example set by South American countries to control our traffic!

Venezuela trains mimes to fight traffic chaos - GlobalPost

-- Wind
Given how uncivilised weve become i dont doubt even for once that the Mime is going to be beaten black and blue for any action. I doubt if any of the cabbies will understand what mimes are.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 6th July 2012 at 22:11.
Old 7th July 2012, 23:11   #3561
Distinguished - BHPian

The bridge work at NICE Road-Bannerghatta Road junction is finally over and open for traffic now, I think they opened it today.

Going towards Hosur Road/Electronic City:

If you are coming from Meenakshi Temple/Gottigere side of Bannerghatta road, then you will have to take right at this junction, pay the toll and enter the NICE road towards Hosur Road/Electronic City side.

Going towards Mysore/Kanakpura/Tumkur Road:

If you are coming from Meenakshi Temple/Gottigere side of Bannerghatta road, then you will have to take left at this junction, pay the toll and enter NICE road towards Mysore/Kanakpura/Tumkur Road side.

Till date it was other way around due to the bridge construction.
Old 8th July 2012, 09:21   #3562
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Around 10:45pm, On my way back home after dinner last night I noticed that all the signals on Old Madras Road were still working (they usually go off into the amber flashing mode before 10.30pm) but sadly I was one of the few who were following them and this caused others to honk and give me angry looks for stopping on Red
At the Suranjan Das Road signal I turned right towards C V Raman Nagar and found a posse of traffic cops with a Jeep near the Micheal Palya junction next to the BWSSB campus - they were checking for drunk driving. This stretch is usually quite desolate and dark, adding to this the road widening work is in progress so no street lights also and it was good to see the cops out here. In the last month or two I've seen them many times at this junction since a lot of people use the narrow bylanes of Micheal Palya that connects 80 Feet Road to Suranjan Das Road. Good move by our cops to keep the roads safe from drunk drivers
Old 10th July 2012, 16:33   #3563
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine told me what he experienced last week.
He was driving his Santro on Hosur road near Bommanahalli, and was looking for Ozone Manay Tech Park (OMTP). There was a lot of traffic (as usual), and he was in the rightmost lane. A cyclist was trying to squeeze his cycle between the Santro and the median. My friend ignored all that, and asked him where OMTP is. Suddenly the cyclist turned wild, started hurling abuses, got down from the cycle, and kicked the Santro's right tail light many times, until it broke to pieces. Then he took his cycle and sped away.

My friend was still not sure what was going on. By the time he got out of the car, locked it, and checked the damage, the cyclist had long disappeared.

Last edited by rohanjf : 10th July 2012 at 16:38. Reason: Corrected spelling mistake: thanks to IronH4WK :-D
Old 10th July 2012, 17:22   #3564
Team-BHP Support

Anyone noticed the rather longish jam on ORR opposite Ecospace, Bellandur on the service road today morning? I wonder what was the reason for the jam. There were quite a few buses in the service lane trying to join the main ORR at Pratham motors, causing a pile up on the flyover. Just a couple of hundred metres later, traffic was smooth flowing as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
A friend of mine told me what he experienced last week.
He was driving his Santro on Hosur road near Bommanahalli, and was looking for Ozone Manay Tech Park (OMTP). There was a lot of traffic (as usual), and he was in the rightmost lane. A cyclist was trying to squeeze his cycle between the Santro and the median. My friend ignored all that, and asked him where OMTP is. Suddenly the cyclist turned wild, started hurling abuses, got down from the cycle, and kicked the Santro's right tail light many times, until it broke to pieces. Then he took his cycle and sped away.

My friend was still not sure what was going on. By the time he got out of the car, locked it, and checked the damage, the cyclist had long disappeared.
On a lighter note, perhaps the cyclist works at OMTP and had a really, really bad appraisal/salary hike meeting with his manager . The minute someone reminded him of the word OMTP, the frustration was taken out.

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th July 2012 at 17:24.
Old 12th July 2012, 11:36   #3565
Distinguished - BHPian

My phone was stolen from the BMTC Volvo (500C-Around 8.35am) today. The whole thing happened in an instant. I got in from Belandur-Bus was crowded, Phone was in my front jeans pocket, in less than a minute the bus reached Ecospace.2-3 people pushed past me to get down as it was crowded. I assume the pick pocketing happened at that instant, the bus moved and next thing I notice-No phone

So if you travel by Volvo be very careful. I had received a mail a few days back indicating that such phone pickpocketing was happening in crowded Volvos and I was more alert. In spite of that, within the few seconds I took for me to settle down inside the bus, the phone was gone.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 12th July 2012 at 11:37. Reason: added content
Old 12th July 2012, 11:58   #3566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj
My phone was stolen from the BMTC Volvo (500C-Around 8.35am) today. The whole thing happened in an instant. I got in from Belandur-Bus was crowded, Phone was in my front jeans pocket, in less than a minute the bus reached Ecospace.2-3 people pushed past me to get down as it was crowded. I assume the pick pocketing happened at that instant, the bus moved and next thing I notice-No phone

So if you travel by Volvo be very careful. I had received a mail a few days back indicating that such phone pickpocketing was happening in crowded Volvos and I was more alert. In spite of that, within the few seconds I took for me to settle down inside the bus, the phone was gone.
One of my friends also lost his phone the same way, and the funny part is that he even had his earphones on and was listening to music from his phone when this split second robbery happened.

Another guy i know even had his laptop picked from his backpack in the Volvo, so you better not have your laptop bag on your back when you stand in the bus. And carry the phone in your hand, or put your hand also in your pant pocket so that you can always feel the phone when in this crowded buses.
Old 12th July 2012, 11:58   #3567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

I think there is a gang working out this and might be the same ones- the same thing happened ( though not for me) in the bus today morning around 9:15 AM which I travelled from ITPL towards Banashankari . I suspect some guys who boarded near Innovative multiplex. The person who lost the phone got down in Kadubisanahalli and immediately came back running to the bus shouting that the phone was lost but unable to trace it even inside the bus.
Old 12th July 2012, 12:26   #3568
Team-BHP Support

Interestingly, 2 of my colleagues also had their mobiles stolen when they were travelling in Volvos to office. So, this is now a regular happening.
Old 12th July 2012, 12:44   #3569
Senior - BHPian

Phones or valuables get pick pocketed where ever places are overcrowded. My friend lost his BB twice in ordinary bus. Happened during disembarking.

Better to be careful since Volvos are also getting crowded now.
Old 12th July 2012, 12:57   #3570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Another guy i know even had his laptop picked from his backpack in the Volvo, so you better not have your laptop bag on your back when you stand in the bus.
How unalert could that person be not to notice 2kg lesser weight?

This is India. People are alert even while buying Rs 10 vegetables. Why let down guard with your valuables inside a Volvo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks