Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 23:10   #3721
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
It is not a new problem. I lived in Ejipura for more than 5 years, till January 2008. Even back then, the problem existed. It was just that EGL was not fully functional yet and so the traffic was less.

There is no drainage under the footpaths. It is that simple!

Even now, I drive right through the puddle (or any puddle, for that matter), if at all I go through that way. My Palio has never complained.
Yes, I too remember it as far back as 2003 or so? CMIAW

Yes, we should have more car drivers like you - though there will be bikers who will complain of getting splashed then
Old 27th September 2012, 23:52   #3722
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Note to all drivers in Bangalore.

*Start Rant*
My car does not have a "come race with me" sticker on its backside. So stop trying to race. Because I am not interested. All of you wannabe racers - a tastefully modded car means the driver knows when to race and when not to. OK? Understood?

All I want to do is get home in a happy frame of mind, play with my son, chat with the rest of my family, have a meal and go to sleep. You do the same. And maybe you will all live to tell tall tales to your grandchildren.
*End Rant*

I can understand indica/xylo/tavera cabbies racing, type-2 City VTEC, modded swift, et al wanting to race. But I draw the line at balding middle aged man in beat-up Wagon-R tailgating and desperately wanting to race. Why?
KiloAlpha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 10:50   #3723
Team-BHP Support

It was a pain driving through the ORR today, from Sarjapur road till Marathalli and beyond. Traffic was clogged for kms at times, and the culprits are the usual suspects - Kadubeesanahalli junction, Innovative multiplex etc. As usual, the cops stood there helpless and watching.

Looks like we can expect such a mess every time it rains the previous night.
Old 28th September 2012, 10:56   #3724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Considering the number of vehicles on road and the number of cops actively issuing challans, the probability of getting caught for breaking a rule is very less. So one cannot wait to get caught before following a rule.
You are right. But in my case, I was not waiting to be caught and trying to get away in the meantime, but I was simply not aware that 'seat belt' rule is being enforced.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 13:27   #3725
Team-BHP Support

45 min from Kundenahalli to EPIP, why? traffic from the new back road to ORR blocks of traffic

Made worse by the driver of car that I am in , switching off, putting windows down, restarting, put ac on, raise windows etc. He would have wasted more diesel than letting the engine tick over except for long halts
Old 4th October 2012, 16:07   #3726
BHPian

Bangalore guys : Watch out for tomorrow

Cauvery row: 25,000 may hit the road in Bangalore tomorrow

http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/re...morrow_1748670
lambuhere1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 16:09   #3727
BHPian

Heard there is a huge jam near HAL, is it also the protests?
Old 8th October 2012, 11:09   #3728
Senior - BHPian

Major traffic jam on Mysore road near Gali Anjaneya temple/ Satellite Bus stand. Don't know what the reason is. Traffic is being diverted into the small bylanes behind Satellite bus stand.
Old 9th October 2012, 09:18   #3729
Distinguished - BHPian

Huge jam from Intel jn almost till Marathahalli. Avoid that route if you have a choice for the next hour atleast
Old 9th October 2012, 09:52   #3730
Senior - BHPian

I just read this in TOI website.

Quote:
BANGALORE : You too can now play traffic cop . The next time you see a traffic violation being committed , you needn't curse helplessly. Click a picture with your mobile phone and upload it to the website of the Bangalore city traffic police (http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in /) . Police will follow it up using this evidence and book the culprits .
Source: Citizens can help police net violators

Looks like we Tbhpian's who follow traffic rules should contribute to this initiative. Not sure to what extent it will be implemented but its a start.
Old 9th October 2012, 09:54   #3731
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Huge jam from Intel jn almost till Marathahalli. Avoid that route if you have a choice for the next hour atleast
Thanks for the update! I usually use the ORR to commute to office these days, but with the sky opening up, i decided to come via Varhur instead. I feared that water logging and cops who would not be present to control traffic would result in delays on the ORR.

However, whatever time i thought i could save was shortlived as i got held up at the Sarjapur road railway crossing for about 40 mins thanks to vehicles who have made it a habit to drive up the wrong side of the road each time the railway gate is closed.
Old 9th October 2012, 11:15   #3732
Distinguished - BHPian

With the rains that started in the morning. The roads were nothing short of mess. All the two wheelers where parked on the road blocking the smooth flow of traffic from Dooradarshan Kendra to Cantonment. It was absolute madness on this stretch today morning.

Wondering how it will turn out today evening, if it rains again.

A moron in a santro with registration number KA05 MD 4246 was simply irresponsible and driving like an idiot on the KH Road (near Shantinagar). Not a good way to start the day.
Old 9th October 2012, 12:18   #3733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
I just read this in TOI website.

Source: Citizens can help police net violators

Looks like we Tbhpian's who follow traffic rules should contribute to this initiative. Not sure to what extent it will be implemented but its a start.
This has been going on for some time now. I have seen people putting up pictures on BTP FB page and then BTP moderator there promising action (sometimes the pictures are of policewalas themselves breaking laws like no helmets or tinted vehicles! sometimes BTP moderator also updates what action was taken). Its a good initiative. Also they keep updating traffic information on their FB wall which is pretty good.
Old 9th October 2012, 12:57   #3734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Thanks for the update! I usually use the ORR to commute to office these days, but with the sky opening up, i decided to come via Varhur instead. I feared that water logging and cops who would not be present to control traffic would result in delays on the ORR.

However, whatever time i thought i could save was shortlived as i got held up at the Sarjapur road railway crossing for about 40 mins thanks to vehicles who have made it a habit to drive up the wrong side of the road each time the railway gate is closed.
I thought the same and tried to go through Karmelaram in the morning around 8:30 AM. I ended up waiting 13-15 minutes for the train to pass then another 20 mins for the traffic to get cleared.

An idiot in the same color (cappucino beige) skoda rapid (KA 51 * 70) as mine pissed me off in the morning. This monkey came from behind on the left on the muddy road and tried to overtake cars which were on the correct road and he ended up blocking a huge truck . This is a perfect example of bad handling of a graceful car.

I do not understand how can people be so dumb ? Is it rocket science to follow lane discipline.
Old 9th October 2012, 13:59   #3735
Team-BHP Support

When are the authorities planning to complete the Bellandur and Intel flyovers (direction towards Silk board)? Both of these flyovers seem to have reached 90% completion stage in August-September itself, and yet show no sign of opening up. Does anyone have any clue what is stopping them from finishing the work they started? Both of these flyover sites are massive bottlenecks when returning from office nowadays. Every time I see these unfinished flyovers, some bulldozer or earth mover will be parked on top with 2-3 workers doing something irrelevant . Things don't seem to be proceeding there, and it looks as if they are deliberately delaying it to prolong the inconvenience *lol*

In other news, ORR at BTM is horrific nowadays, in the mornings. It takes me roughly 45 minutes just to commute from Jayadeva flyover to Udupi garden signal , this is at 8.30AM. I can only imagine how much worse it must be later in the day.

In the return direction, ORR is sometimes jammed all the way from HSR BDA Layout signal (next to the Reva service centre) till Silk board every night. Silk board signal is somewhat unpredictable. Some days the signal is so smoothly flowing that only some 10-20 vehicles are waiting at the signal. On some other days, the jam goes till HSR layout, at the same return time. What could be the reason for this?? Are the BTP personnel playing with the green signal duration? I just can't understand how this can happen

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th October 2012 at 14:10.

Most Viewed