Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 14:10   #3736
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

In other news, ORR at BTM is horrific nowadays. It takes me roughly 45 minutes just to commute from Jayadeva flyover to Udupi garden signal
What time do you generally travel on that stretch, 8:00am? 8:30am? This stretch is jammed starting from 7:15am (the earliest I have seen it).

Commuting on your TBTS, I am surprised that you even consider using the choked main road. There is a side road you can use, I have noticed a lot of 2-wheelers using it. Me included!
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 14:15   #3737
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
What time do you generally travel on that stretch, 8:00am? 8:30am? This stretch is jammed starting from 7:15am (the earliest I have seen it).

Commuting on your TBTS, I am surprised that you even consider using the choked main road. There is a side road you can use, I have noticed a lot of 2-wheelers using it. Me included!
Usual time is around 8.30am. I take ORR from Jayadeva signal till A2B, then enter the side road (immediate left) after Udupi garden signal, and then exit back onto ORR near Pizza hut. It wasn't so bad from Jayadeva to A2B, until this past month.

I have to try the side road from Jayadeva to A2B again. The first time I tried that shortcut a few months back, there were so many twists and turns that I lost my direction and had to ask some dwellers there on how to get out of that maze . Sense of direction is a little weak without GPS *lol*

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th October 2012 at 14:16.
Old 9th October 2012, 14:22   #3738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I have to try the side road from Jayadeva to A2B again.
Karthik, have you tried this route?

Turn right into Bannerghatta road. Take the left near Shopper's stop. Take the road all along BTM Stage II till you reach 29th Main road, and then exit on the AXA signal, either onto ORR, or cross over to the other side and take the side road and exit near Pizza hut.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 9th October 2012 at 14:23.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 14:27   #3739
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post

Turn right into Bannerghatta road. Take the left near Shopper's stop. Take the road all along BTM Stage II till you reach 29th Main road, and then exit on the AXA signal, either onto ORR, or cross over to the other side and take the side road and exit near Pizza hut.
That place is called N.S Palya, isn't it? My Enfield's A.S.S centre is on that road close to shoppers' stop back gate, but I have never tried going further from there to BTM

I have never tried this route, and will be inclined to give it a shot . Are there any bottlenecks inside interior BTM on this road you suggested? The road next to shopper's stop is quite narrow I thought.
Old 9th October 2012, 14:49   #3740
BHPian

I am not sure of the area's name man. The road is a bit narrow right next to Shopper's stop, but gets wider, and you won't have any traffic jams. As soon as you reach 16th main road, which is the Udipi Garden road,
1. you can turn right and go along 16th main till you reach 29th main road.
2. cross 16th main and keep going straight thro gallis till you reach 29th main.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 17:34   #3741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure of the area's name man. The road is a bit narrow right next to Shopper's stop, but gets wider, and you won't have any traffic jams. As soon as you reach 16th main road, which is the Udipi Garden road,
1. you can turn right and go along 16th main till you reach 29th main road.
2. cross 16th main and keep going straight thro gallis till you reach 29th main.
Yeah you can keep going straight on the 7th Cross road, cross the 16th main road, keep going straight till you hit a dead end. Take a left here and then the first right and keep straight and you should hit the 29th main road which if you take left will take you to Axa signal.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 18:50   #3742
BHPian

Sweet. A much better explanation than I managed. I moved out and live in HSR layout nowadays so I don't remember the street numbers.
Old 9th October 2012, 21:54   #3743
BHPian

Quote:

AXA Signal is becoming a bottleneck these days. In the morning peak hours (after 8am) crossing this signal will require 15-20 mins easily. The issue is that it is narrow junction and for traffic joining the BTM road from 29th main has to manage incomming vehicles from the opposite side and joining the BTM road, even though there is no free left turn available.
rajakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 10:03   #3744
Senior - BHPian

Update from Bangalore traffic police through their FB page:
"There will be a huge protest post 10am in Varthur, try and avoid all roads leading to and from Varthur if possible"

People heading that way, take care.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 12:06   #3745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Update from Bangalore traffic police through their FB page:
"There will be a huge protest post 10am in Varthur, try and avoid all roads leading to and from Varthur if possible"

People heading that way, take care.
I crossed Varthur at 10.15 am or so, but did not see any signs of protest. In fact, traffic was quite less, which surprised me. I guess many people avoided this stretch after getting this news.

Any idea what kind of protest it is? Is it related to Cauvery river? I hope it ends by evening, because I don't have any other way to go home!
Old 10th October 2012, 12:42   #3746
Senior - BHPian

These days the Bellandur lake puliya has a more than decent traffic jam, good to see the bridge work is getting over, and hopefully will end the misery of crossing this area in quick time.

Also on the same lines the Dommasandra junction has been having quiet a few jams these days early in the morning. Mostly because of School buses and construction trucks moving around. Isnt this area a School zone were no construction trucks are allowed after 6AM?
Old 10th October 2012, 15:41   #3747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Also on the same lines the Dommasandra junction has been having quiet a few jams these days early in the morning. Mostly because of School buses and construction trucks moving around. Isnt this area a School zone were no construction trucks are allowed after 6AM?
Dommasandra junction has been chaotic since last six months or so. Right now, there are some 7-8 apartment complexes are coming between Dommasandra and Sarjapur (and many more projects after Sarjapur). Apart from tippers, tractors, trucks with construction material, there also are regular goods carrier trucks and trailers that ferry new cars (Maruti, Tata and Hyundai have their godowns nearby). Then there are school buses belonging to 7-8 schools.

The villagers have never seen so much traffic (just last Sunday I overheard in Dommasandra market, a villager telling another that he had to go to Bangalore next day). When there is a jam, they take their cars/tractors/MUVs on the wrong side and choke the junction even more.

Authorities themselves give permission for all this construction and development, but are blind to the fact that infrastructure has to improve.

Once the traffic is too much, they will start expanding the road and create more chaos. Our authorities are always reactive and never proactive.
Old 11th October 2012, 11:39   #3748
Senior - BHPian

This morning was the ultimate heights when it comes to traffic.

While coming back from dommsundara circle after dropping my daughter i was at the railway crossing near Decathelon about 8:40 and there was full chaos and vehicles had taken both sides of the road to get to the other side (Now this is Normal, looking at the way things happen daily). What happened post that is cause of concern.

Suddenly the bell (That informs that the gates are going to close for train to pass by started beeping). Folks instead of stopping were pushing with more zeal so as to compete with train passing. Finally it came to such a state that the gate guard had to step in with couple of others to ensure more people do not sneak in as train was almost there.

Someday this could lead to a major mishap.
Old 11th October 2012, 11:49   #3749
BHPian

Quote:
This morning was the ultimate heights when it comes to traffic.

While coming back from dommsundara circle after dropping my daughter i was at the railway crossing near Decathelon about 8:40 and there was full chaos and vehicles had taken both sides of the road to get to the other side (Now this is Normal, looking at the way things happen daily). What happened post that is cause of concern.

Suddenly the bell (That informs that the gates are going to close for train to pass by started beeping). Folks instead of stopping were pushing with more zeal so as to compete with train passing. Finally it came to such a state that the gate guard had to step in with couple of others to ensure more people do not sneak in as train was almost there.

Putting the lives of several hundreds at risk just to save a couple of minutes. Can't imagine how bad the outcome of such a mishap will be.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:05   #3750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Finally it came to such a state that the gate guard had to step in with couple of others to ensure more people do not sneak in as train was almost there.

This kind of situation is very common on the railway gate at Allalasandra across Bellary road. The approach road to the railway gate has become a narrow 2 lane road after some part of it was acquired for the construction of the 6 lane elevated highway towards airport. The road gets clogged constantly and the gatekeeper struggles to close the gate many a times. Luckily there is a safety system in place which prevents the green signal for trains getting cleared until the railway gate is closed. I have seen many instances where the train comes and stops at the signal, whistles and waits for the gates to be closed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks