Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 16:17   #3781
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

I see that most of the great IT folks on ORR and adjoining roads are on phone most of the times. Police are not in sufficient numbers to fine them. Really bad.

Was on a week long vacation in Malnad and was seeing Bengaluru vehicles being driven rashly, fast and high beams on all the time. More than couple were from KA51 area.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 10:53   #3782
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Just got this news over phone : An accident has occurred on the flyover in front of Intel. A cab (indica) has hit a bike. The bike is in pretty bad shape. Apparently the cab driver started beating the already injured biker. IT folks going on bikes restrained the cabbie and sent the injured biker to nearby hospital. A small traffic jam was created but cleared quickly.
Old 30th October 2012, 11:10   #3783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Just got this news over phone : An accident has occurred on the flyover in front of Intel. A cab (indica) has hit a bike. The bike is in pretty bad shape. Apparently the cab driver started beating the already injured biker. IT folks going on bikes restrained the cabbie and sent the injured biker to nearby hospital. A small traffic jam was created but cleared quickly.
We don't know who was at fault in this accident, but beating up an already injured person is inexcusable. I hope the biker recovers.
Old 31st October 2012, 18:58   #3784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I know for sure that in Noida there was a traffic baba, a person who used to try something similar. He'd station himself at various crossings and try to install some traffic sense in people (simple things like not jumping signals or wearing helmets etc). it was very effective. Dont know if he is still there.

EDIT: found a link about him
http://www.newzstreet.com/noida/news.php?news_id=25930
Despite working in Noida for such a long time, I noticed Traffic Baba for the first time today. He was at the traffic signal near Rajnigandha Chowk. I searched if there has been any mention of him on this forum and found this post. So, posting my observation as a response to the earlier post.

Mods: Please feel free to move it to an appropriate section or delete it (if it doesn't add much value to the forum).

This man in late 70s with amazing energy was educating everyone about the benefit of following traffic rules. His appeal was simple "Somebody is waiting at home". He was distributing pamphlets (pic below) with some very basic instructions that everyone knows but only a few follow.

After reaching office, I searched about him and found more information here
A selfless man dedicating his time towards instilling better road sense and values. Kudos to him and his efforts. If he can do this at this age, there's so much more that each one of us can do to make the roads safer.

Even if one person out of the hundreds that hear him everyday decides to drive properly, Traffic Baba's objective would be met.

His message (poor pic quality due to BB)
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img00574201210311718.jpg
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 21:11   #3785
BHPian

Heavy traffic today in Bangalore, because of rain it seems !!
It took 2 hours to cover the 5 kms between ITPL and Kundanhalli Gate. (normally it takes 15-30 mins only)
Old 2nd November 2012, 15:58   #3786
Senior - BHPian

This week i went to office after a few days break, and was surprised to see the Bellandur Lake puliya is now a complete bridge. I mean the wider and newer bridge is now open so no more traffic jams in this area. Good for office goers, sadly i will have to soon stop using this route to go to office.

With this now done, it will be interesting to see which new area develops as a bottleneck on this route.
Old 2nd November 2012, 18:24   #3787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
This week i went to office after a few days break, and was surprised to see the Bellandur Lake puliya is now a complete bridge. I mean the wider and newer bridge is now open so no more traffic jams in this area. Good for office goers, sadly i will have to soon stop using this route to go to office.

With this now done, it will be interesting to see which new area develops as a bottleneck on this route.
yes thankfully the puliya is open to traffic now. The road which goes towards Logica, has a lot of narrow stretches specially after crossing the auto-stand. In places, hardly two swifts can pass each other comfortably. There is absolutely no space to widen these roads; I have witnessed a few bad taffic jams in this stretch specially in rainy seasons.
Old 5th November 2012, 23:37   #3788
Senior - BHPian

Live Update. Huge jam near jp morgan beforw the underpass in Outer ringroad. Some lorry break down.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 10:45   #3789
BHPian

Curious to know if any of you regularly post photos of violations on FB's Bangalore Traffic Police page.

BTP, until now, has responded positively to those that I've uploaded. Although, the comments I received, made me feel like an activist, after which I have been reporting anonymously via their own Public Eye portal.

Last edited by vinu_h : 6th November 2012 at 10:47.
Old 6th November 2012, 11:22   #3790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Curious to know if any of you regularly post photos of violations on FB's Bangalore Traffic Police page.
i used to report, but then BTP just fines them and don't actually stop people from committing the traffic offence. invariably, i was helping them increase their revenue, so i stopped!
Old 6th November 2012, 11:29   #3791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i used to report, but then BTP just fines them and don't actually stop people from committing the traffic offence. invariably, i was helping them increase their revenue, so i stopped!
It's unfortunate that the penalty to park in a no parking zone is lesser than if one had parked in a mall instead.

Rs. 100 penalty may not really pinch most of us but it may serve as a deterrent the next time we're out on the road. It'll benefit us if you resumed reporting violations again.
Old 6th November 2012, 11:37   #3792
BHPian

Quote:

BTP, until now, has responded positively to those that I've uploaded. Although, the comments I received, made me feel like an activist, after which I have been reporting anonymously via their own Public Eye portal.
Didn't understand the "Anonymous" part. The site asks for your Name, Phone and Email!!!

-- Torqy
Old 6th November 2012, 11:48   #3793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Didn't understand the "Anonymous" part. The site asks for your Name, Phone and Email!!!

-- Torqy
We can bring out our creative side while filling that section.

My point is that; this is a good option for those who want to report violations without revealing their identity. I'm not really sure if it's a good idea to put up photos of people and their assets in a compromising position in a public domain especially if it can be traced back to the one who reported it.

Last edited by vinu_h : 6th November 2012 at 11:57.
Old 6th November 2012, 12:12   #3794
BHPian

Quote:

My point is that; this is a good option for those who want to report violations without revealing their identity. I'm not really sure if it's a good idea to put up photos of people and their assets in a compromising position in a public domain especially if it can be traced back to the one who reported it.
Yes, that makes sense.
I believe in their utter stupidity. I'm sure the one who reported will be in trouble whereas the idiot will walk free.

-- Torqy
Old 6th November 2012, 12:17   #3795
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I am sure the tool somewhere would track the IP address the report came from.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks