Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2012, 11:41   #3826
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
I was seriously thinking the same until the elderly gentleman came and took me out of the trouble. So there was no point going there. I did not want to complain about any one.
While it was nice of the eldery gentleman to come and help you, the main point here is that the bike guy didnt have to pay a single penny for repair of your vehicle, when it was clearly his fault!

So, as you can see by now, the whole setup in itself is such that you have people supporting both sides, but mainly such that the person from around that place never has a liability - whatever the incident.

If on the other hand, your bike had hit his car, there would be noone to support you. I believe you understand the whole setup by now.
Old 9th November 2012, 11:44   #3827
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Will I do it again ? Yes, I will. I feel every one on road needs to be sensitive and respectful towards the next person. It is a necessary condition for building a good society.
Great spirit sam_boy. We need more people like you in India.

I've also been reared many times. Two times it was at the signal - for stopping when it was turning red from green. Once it was an Indica that hit me (I was on a Karizma and fortunately was holding both brakes tight so didnt fell while the Indica suffered a broken number plate!) and other time it was a biker who rammed into my Alto! This was in Noida. The indica driver tried to argue but there was a policeman right there at that spot so that saved the day for me.

Here in Bangalore also I got reared once. It happened in front of Innovative when a bus suddenly stopped in the middle, the cab in front panic braked and me as well. We all stopped in nick of time but a biker tried to still overtake me from left and hit the rear lamp and then his bike wobbled and finally fall down right in front of me! It was scary really.

These things can happen to anyone anywhere. What to do - people just dont have any compassion or any respect left for others anymore.
Old 9th November 2012, 11:48   #3828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not want to complain about any one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
While it was nice of the eldery gentleman to come and help you, the main point here is that the bike guy didnt have to pay a single penny for repair of your vehicle, when it was clearly his fault!
I completely agree with Benny. You should have gone to police station and reported the matter. This was not your fault. Why should the bike guy get away with what was clearly his fault.

If I were you, I wouldn't even have bothered speaking to the bike guy and just politely told him that I am going to the police station to file a complaint and he can join me if he wants to. 99% of the times just the intent of your wanting to go to the police station will make the other so called supporters disappear.

And the police will side with you because no matter what the speeds, the person who rear ends another vehicle is always at fault for not maintaining safe distance.

Edit: Oh and thank you for stopping and let the couple pass. We need more people like you on our roads.

Last edited by vikram_d : 9th November 2012 at 11:49.
vikram_d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 12:03   #3829
BHPian

Quote:
I did not want to complain about any one.
If you've changed your mind - www.facebook.com/BangaloreTrafficPolice

Saves you the trouble of having to visit a Police Station and you get to responded to almost immediately. Besides, you might save someone else from having to go through what you did.

Last edited by vinu_h : 9th November 2012 at 12:04.
Old 9th November 2012, 12:31   #3830
BHPian

Yes. I could have gone to the police station and they would have got this guy in, a couple of phone calls here and there by that guy looking completely innocent. A tense wife. A worried Manager at work and other coworkers calling repeatedly to know the status, offering to help. A tense dad if he comes to know. Then the story follows with the police telling " Saaar leave this poor guy, unnecessarily he will struggle, what you will get ?". Couple of warning to the guy and he is off. Been there done that.

I was hurt by the mentality of the people first for not showing any sympathy to the people to cross roads then more by the way they single out the guy who they think as some one who is an intruder in their OWN place. No police can help you on this.
sam_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 12:50   #3831
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Was stuck in traffic for 40 minutes today outside Palace Ground, Mekhri circle for a VVIP movement. Why don't these so-called VVIPs travel by helicopter. Doesn't anyone think of the massive waste of fuel and business loss due to the traffic stoppage? What about people in ambulances fighting for life??
Funny thing is, rock-concerts are now banned from being held on Palace Grounds because it apparently causes 'jam' in and around Mekhri Circle - which, unfortunately, falls bang in the route most people take while going to the airport.

I understand that, but what about the political rallies that are often held there and frequently end up blocking the entire road for hours on end?!
Old 9th November 2012, 12:52   #3832
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There were 2-3 deep scratches on my rear bumper with a patch of black color from the bike, that was not the end of heart break.
Rubbing with some good quality wax will get the black stain out.

Have no idea on how to remove the stain on society guys like that bike rider and his supporters are.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 14:53   #3833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I could have gone to the police station and they would have got this guy in, a couple of phone calls here and there by that guy looking completely innocent.
I was hurt by the mentality of the people first for not showing any sympathy to the people to cross roads then more by the way they single out the guy who they think as some one who is an intruder in their OWN place. No police can help you on this.
Sorry for what you have gone through. You did the right thing and kudos for it. I also do stop my car to help elderly folk or women with infants to cross. In this case, you did the right thing. No point in arguing with scumbags who cant do anything worthwhile other than boasting of a false sense of loyalty to their motherland or language. Very sickening. I would have loved to take away his bike's keys and drive away. Let him push his bike home.

Sometimes, this makes me believe that we are no better than any other country where this kind of genocide is rampant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Funny thing is, rock-concerts are now banned from being held on Palace Grounds because it apparently causes 'jam' in and around Mekhri Circle - which, unfortunately, falls bang in the route most people take while going to the airport.

I understand that, but what about the political rallies that are often held there and frequently end up blocking the entire road for hours on end?!
Actually, I heard that the any commercial activities, rallies and exhibitions were banned at palace grounds.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle3721053.ece

However, Political and cultural conferences, weddings, Habba were still allowed, possibly at the behest of the worthless netas

I can write a volume on my rants on "Why I will not vote for a political party which holds up traffic and causes inconvinience and wastes crores of tax payers money " Especially since I stay at R.T.Nagar, I face the brunt of all political rallies whenever they happen... Sigh, maybe some day I will write a book.

Last edited by hrman : 9th November 2012 at 15:06. Reason: Added link
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 15:17   #3834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I could have gone to the police station and they would have got this guy in, a couple of phone calls here and there by that guy looking completely innocent. A tense wife. A worried Manager at work and other coworkers calling repeatedly to know the status, offering to help. A tense dad if he comes to know. Then the story follows with the police telling " Saaar leave this poor guy, unnecessarily he will struggle, what you will get ?". Couple of warning to the guy and he is off. Been there done that
That is unbeatable logic there. Totally understandable. If I was in your place, I would have done the same. But hats off to you for helping the old couple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

This is something that I cannot understand at all! If ban, ban everything. How are political rallies any different?
Old 9th November 2012, 16:14   #3835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy
Yes. I could have gone to the police station and they would have got this guy in, a couple of phone calls here and there by that guy looking completely innocent. A tense wife. A worried Manager at work and other coworkers calling repeatedly to know the status, offering to help. A tense dad if he comes to know. Then the story follows with the police telling " Saaar leave this poor guy, unnecessarily he will struggle, what you will get ?". Couple of warning to the guy and he is off. Been there done that.

I know exactly what you mean. And I know of one other member on this forum who has rightfully labelled this city and its people "city of spineless cowards".
There's only a handful of the public who would step out of his way to help someone who is being bullied around just because he isn't from around here.

The best way to approach such a situation is :

01. Call the cops immediately while in the vehicle.
02. Next call relative/parents/wife. Give them your location.
03. Call up close friend(s) who will come to your aid and give them your exact location. Infact see if you know of a Bhpian who works/resides nearby. Call them up.
04. Be calm and leave all valuables in the vehicle except for your mobile. Note down the other vehicle's registration number and only then step out of the vehicle. Lock the vehicle once you step out.
05. Try to avoid an argument with the other person(s) as far as possible.

A calm approach tends to work. If the other chap refuses to speak English or a language both sides can converse in, move aside and wait for help. If the other party garners a mob, stay calm and hold your ground. Tell them the police is on the way.
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 14:01   #3836
Senior - BHPian

Today I went to Majestic early in the morning to pick up my mother-in-law, from my house in Sarjapur.
Since there was no traffic, I got a chance to feel the roads.

Whenever there is a construction zone, the alternate roads are so full of craters. They do not fix alternate roads before closing main roads. In many places, the craters are filled with cement concrete, making the unevenness even worse. At other places, the asphalt patches themselves behave like humps.

Within city limits, there is not even 1 km of smooth road! Even if there is no traffic, you still cannot drive at 60 kmph (apparently that's the speed limit).

My MIL commented that the roads of her city (Ponda, Goa) are much better. Her husband (my FIL) once was PWD engineer in road maintenance division and in Goa, they asphalt their roads at least once in 2 years. She asked me why so much difference when the same political party rules both states.

What do I answer?!!
Old 12th November 2012, 20:20   #3837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post

What do I answer?!!
The same party idiots are fighting for the CM gaddi and completely forget about the public after winning the elections
Old 12th November 2012, 20:55   #3838
Distinguished - BHPian

Kadubisinahalli underpass is open both ways. However they have put up a speed breaker on Bellandur - Marthahalli side which I felt is bit steep.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2012, 06:59   #3839
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Kadubisinahalli underpass is open both ways. However they have put up a speed breaker on Bellandur - Marthahalli side which I felt is bit steep.
I hope the opening of this underpass helps reduce the usual congestion at this junction. Now, if only they tarred the junction atop the underpass, which seems to be worse than craters on the moon.
Old 13th November 2012, 08:45   #3840
Senior - BHPian

This city has gone crazy on speed breakers. These humps abound everywhere with no justification at all. After every flyover there is one. Before every break in the median there is one. Arterial roads are not spared. Ring road is peppered with them.
Considering the state of the potholed roads one would never think of speed breakers but here they coexist in happy harmony.
This is a rant, na?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks