Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2012, 09:00   #3841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29

I hope the opening of this underpass helps reduce the usual congestion at this junction. Now, if only they tarred the junction atop the underpass, which seems to be worse than craters on the moon.
Hope the same. However doubt if traffic will be smooth towards Bellandur side since flyover work is ongoing. Since Kadubisinahalli underpass is done this may cause bottle neck just after Vrindhavan tech park. Same case in front of Innovative multiplex also near that break in median. Also hope they finish off service road work on top of underpass and close that break in median near JP morgan. That is a shortcut to disaster now the underpass is done.
Regarding road surface, hope you have seen Kadubisinahalli- Yemalur route, its good enough to break NASA mars rover
Old 13th November 2012, 10:24   #3842
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

^^^ The Bellandur and Devarabisanahalli flyovers might 'soon' get opened. The approach roads are slowly getting ready now. The long trench that was dug in between the stretch in front of Ecospace is finally filled. Hope it will be tarred soon. Things look rosy now, but it will be a nightmare when it rains , since there is no drainage in place. The service road in front of Intel was tarred and was smooth, but is dug up for the nth time by various utility providers. So this will be an on going process. One person digs and buries the other persons mess... and this never ends!
Old 14th November 2012, 12:15   #3843
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Driving to work this morning was bliss this morning thanks to the empty roads and even cabbies following rules thanks to lesser mayhem in general.

Looks like we should celebrate Diwali more often.
Old 14th November 2012, 12:20   #3844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Driving to work this morning was bliss this morning thanks to the empty roads and even cabbies following rules thanks to lesser mayhem in general.

Looks like we should celebrate Diwali more often.
yeah! for the first time since i moved to out ECity office i reached there under 40mins, as opposed to 1.5hrs that i usually take!
Old 16th November 2012, 08:52   #3845
Senior - BHPian

I vaguely remember seeing a car parking area adjacent to Jayanagar 4th block bus stand.

Bhpians, is it usually available around 6 pm in the evening?
Old 16th November 2012, 09:00   #3846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I vaguely remember seeing a car parking area adjacent to Jayanagar 4th block bus stand.

Bhpians, is it usually available around 6 pm in the evening?
The top portion of 4th block bus stand has a parking facility + RTO + Birla's More departmental store. Entry is from the cool joint side. The other one is the basement beside the theatre/police station(under construction) opposite to the bus stand.

Most recently renovated bus stands have a mall/dept store + parking facility; the Shanti nagar one is another. I'm not sure of the timings, sorry.

Last edited by vinu_h : 16th November 2012 at 09:07.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 10:38   #3847
Distinguished - BHPian

What: Innovative method by BTP to handle "No Parking Zone" by blocking either side of the divider with stones and traffic cones.

Is this the way to go? Not sure what they are trying to communicate here because illegal parking or blocking with stones/cones, that part of road goes unusable.
Once the stones/cones goes away people will start parking again. And if this method is followed throughout bangalore then we will have most of the roads blocked with stones and cones.

Instead why don't they put some hefty fine on spot and take away the license of repeated offenders. Bannerghatta Road has some function hall near Reliance Mart/Arekere signal and whenever there is an event going on there, one lane of BG road becomes a parking zone causing huge traffic jams.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0007optimized.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0008optimized.jpg
Old 16th November 2012, 11:27   #3848
BHPian

This could be handwork of the meenakshi mall people, so that their car parking is utilized by the people. On the weekends I have seen that the cars are being parked on the roadsides when their parking goes full.
Old 16th November 2012, 11:32   #3849
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 26th November 2012 at 13:40.
motomaverick is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th November 2012, 12:27   #3850
MYB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
The top portion of 4th block bus stand has a parking facility + RTO + Birla's More departmental store. Entry is from the cool joint side. The other one is the basement beside the theatre/police station(under construction) opposite to the bus stand.

Most recently renovated bus stands have a mall/dept store + parking facility; the Shanti nagar one is another. I'm not sure of the timings, sorry.
Yes. I have parked here once. It was a weekend and the time was around 7 PM. But it is not a good parking facility at all IMHO. The ramp is too narrow and so is the space upstairs. Parking the car and getting it out is like performing in a circus! I hope the new facility under construction is a much better one.
Old 17th November 2012, 15:12   #3851
Senior - BHPian

two questions for team members:-
How is the traffic at IISc underpass? Is it still mayhem?
From Hebbal to KR puram how many flyovers/ underpasses are under construction?
Old 17th November 2012, 16:11   #3852
BHPian

I guess if we see a traffic cop around there we can tell them about this problem. Mall people or whoever, cannot be putting obstructions on roads. If I happen to go that way and see a cop I am going to raise a compliant!

Last edited by GTO : 26th November 2012 at 13:41. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 18th November 2012, 00:01   #3853
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
From Hebbal to KR puram how many flyovers/ underpasses are under construction?
All flyovers/underpasses are complete and operational on this stretch. I drove back from Vidyaranyapura on Nov 2 and was a breeze
EDIT:Hope you asked about the outer ring road (ORR) from Hebbal to KR Puram

Last edited by NPV : 18th November 2012 at 00:02.
Old 18th November 2012, 09:44   #3854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
All flyovers/underpasses are complete and operational on this stretch. I drove back from Vidyaranyapura on Nov 2 and was a breeze
EDIT:Hope you asked about the outer ring road (ORR) from Hebbal to KR Puram
Yes I was referring to the ORR. But what about the Nagavara road / ORR junction? Wasn't work going on there with the consequent traffic jams?

IISc underpass status - anyone?
Old 18th November 2012, 10:15   #3855
Distinguished - BHPian

My rant quota from Yesterday.

I was on my way to Rajarajeshwarinagar from 3M Car Care HSR Layout. I wanted to take left at the Kuvempunagar Bus stand and take the road adjacent to the take and go towards JP Nagar 3rd Phase.

One crazy fellow in an 800 was simply squeezing his way on the jam packed road. He cutting my lane (I was already on the left most lane), I assumed he wanted to take a left near the Domino's Pizza. It was not to be, he started squeezing himself on the lane towards his right, reason being he saw a small gap there to be ahead by about 5 ft. The other sufferer from this episode is a Honda City guy.

Its getting very irritation to drive with people doing monkey business by changing lanes even when the traffic is moving at a snail's pace

Next on the Uttarahalli Circle, One Wagon R is doing about 20 kmph when the road ahead was simply free of traffic. Reason he is happy talking on the mobile simply oblivious to the fact that there are other vehicles on the road who are waiting to move ahead. No amount of flashing lights helped.

The best time to drive around in Bangalore is really early in the morning or very late in the night. Any other time its simply challenging in one aspect or the other.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks