Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 19:21   #376
BHPian

Traffic police in Hyderabad

Actually I notice Bangalore traffic police have become active these days, busy in sticking parking voilation notices to cars!. I have got one already - for parking in the bylane on ORR (opposite Home Shop or something near Innova multiplex).. It looked totally an isolated area and did not see any traffic at all but surprised to find a notice stuck on windshield. I will usually be very consious of where I park. Till then I did not know that traffic police in India followed something like that. And also found that I should pay the fine with-in 24 hours at a specific police station or e-counter or someting near Airport (old one that is). Imagine spending another litre or two petrol (considering the traffic conditions) just to pay this up. I just did not understand the logic.I could have been given more time or an on-line payment option.. I'm yet to pay for this of course. The other day, I was being told that they are forwarding this information to RTO's as well and while getting NOC (for re-sale or transfer or otherwise), it will be held for all these un-paid notices.! not sure, if it's true.

I feel they better concentrate on other dangerous offences happening on the road - not on the poor guys for very minor (almost ignorable) parking violations.

Having driven in Bangalore and Hyderabad for long, IMO, first reason for traffic jams in Bangalore is traffic lights, while in Hyderabad it's indisciplined road users!

-KK
Old 26th August 2008, 13:13   #377
Team-BHP Support

@kishoryk: The decision to ban parking on the service lanes on the ORR is something i have failed to understand. I believe its a nexus between the parking authorities of Innovative multiplex and empty plots near the multiplex along with the cops, thereby forcing people to use the paid parking lots. I am sure the cops get their share from these people. The area as such has become highly commercialized, but there just isnt enough place for parking!

@Rocky : That side isnt really all that safe, either. Its just a question of 'when'.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th August 2008 at 13:24.
Old 26th August 2008, 13:16   #378
BHPian

@kishoryk,

how did you miss the 'No Parking' sign on the bylanes man!!
I am assuming this was done on a weekend.

The best place to park is actually the bylane just across the road, next to NEXT and others.
I have never seen any policeman wield a ticket, despite the 'No Parking' sign, that side.

+Rocky_Balboa+

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 26th August 2008 at 13:18.
Old 26th August 2008, 13:19   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
I was being told that they are forwarding this information to RTO's as well and while getting NOC (for re-sale or transfer or otherwise), it will be held for all these un-paid notices.! not sure, if it's true.
So its a long time solution and may be some may not even encounter

Quote:
I am sure the cops get their share from these people. The area as such has become highly commercialized, but there just isnt enough place for parking!
Quite possible. The Home Town charges 50bucks for car and 20bucks for wheelers. Anyway, those are redeemable if you buy something inside.
Old 26th August 2008, 14:52   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
The Bangalore Traffic Police is the most spineless traffic police i have ever seen. It seems they are all happy with their government jobs and are least bothered to actually do what their duty is.
But they are very prompt in levying fines even when they are at fault.

Last week, i was travelling from MG Road towards Cubbon Road. The signal at that junction was not working. So i followed the car in front of me and a traffic cop standing there made no move to stop me or others cars behind mine. Immediately after entering the Cubbon Road, a bunch of cops stopped my car including many others and started levying fines saying that we jumped the signal. When i pointed out that the signal wasnt working, he called someone on his walkie-talkie, came back to me and said,"the signal is working, pay the fine"
Old 26th August 2008, 15:16   #381
BANNED

Maybe he understood signal as walkie-talkie signal?
Old 26th August 2008, 18:20   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Maybe he understood signal as walkie-talkie signal?
Or he must have asked the other guy to go and switch on the signal which he must have forgotten. Crazy cops i must say.

Near National Market, i had a tough time parking on Sunday and guess what, i just drove to a traffic constable and asked him where to park, he says there is a pay and park near Sapna book stall and directed me to go there. Sometimes i feel they work hand in hand with the parking wallas
Old 27th August 2008, 13:45   #383
BHPian

@CorsaLove,

Not sometimes, but all the times.
If I remember, Bangalore Mirror carried few reports (a month ago) of how parking attendants and policewallahs go hand-in-hand and even published a picture of a policeguy accepting money from the attendants.

I always tip the attendants before I park, ensures I get an easy and seclude parking most of the time

+Rocky+
Old 27th August 2008, 13:50   #384
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post

Near National Market, i had a tough time parking on Sunday and guess what, i just drove to a traffic constable and asked him where to park, he says there is a pay and park near Sapna book stall and directed me to go there. Sometimes i feel they work hand in hand with the parking wallas

I dont understand what is wrong here.

Most cities have leased out parking spaces to contractors who collect money from you.
The cop simply directed you to the same.

How does this make him corrupt?
Old 27th August 2008, 13:53   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
@CorsaLove,

If I remember, Bangalore Mirror carried few reports (a month ago) of how parking attendants and policewallahs go hand-in-hand and even published a picture of a policeguy accepting money from the attendants.

+Rocky+
That was for illegal attendants charging for what is "free parking"
Old 27th August 2008, 14:53   #386
Senior - BHPian

They make the paid parking for the public to use. Now why would you call a cop as corrupt just because he guides you to it. By parking there your taking off some load from the road man. Just think of it.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:58   #387
Senior - BHPian

yesterday It took me 1 hour to cover the distance between Dell and the flyover (inner ring road towards Indranagar). A lot of ppl just started reversing their cars on the ring road and driving on the opposite side (on the side Dell is) causing a huge traffic jam on the other side. Totally chaotic. By the time I reached the flyover the road on the otherside was totally jammed with 4 lanes of vehicles on both sides (ppl coming from the flyover blocked by ppl on the wrong side trying to climb the flyover). Funny part was, a guy in a toureg who took a U turn to go to the opposite side got out of the jam at the same time as I did,

I wonder where were the cops? Then an indica hit my car from behind but thankfully the bumber of the ikon is strong enough so no damage. Just a couple of scratches.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:23   #388
BHPian

Thanks Ajmat,

That was for free parking zones indeed. However, I havent seen such boards in Bangalore so far!!! All I see is an attendant collecting some fee.

And I should include the parking zone next to the Army School enroute Commercial Street to MG Road. There is a big board which announces "Military vehicles only" but if one tips the attendant, they always get a slot.

@SammyBoy, i am so used to these scenarios that I dont feel like in Bangy when I see roads without congestion.

Today morning, there was some accident under the KRPuram hanging bridge. And guess what, every car/bike/truck owner parked their vehicles on the hanging bridge to catch a glimpse of whatz happening. This bridge is definitely a "Free Parking" Zone.

+Rocky_Balboa+

PS:
To Corporation, Please bring back 'Paid Parking' at all public places.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 27th August 2008 at 15:28.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:59   #389
BANNED

@sammyboy: LOL i was stuck there too. Yesterday proved to me that the people in bangalore are the most foolish and stupid from around the world. PERIOD. I have to give that to the bangloreans, lol. I am ashamed of being one. Some of the folks coming out from where the jam happened have to be probably the most educated in the country.

No regard for rules, for safety, for the other citizens. That route goes to some of the most important hospitals in that area and it was blocked purely because of people's stupidity.

I myself took the correct side and was amazed that the water did look deep but wasnt. The people going the wrong way were anyways in Tempo Travellers and Sumo's probably 80% of them, they could have easily gone by the correct way. If you are in a small car take another route - dont for heavens sake go up the wrong way.

And the VW Toureg driver is officially the MORON OF BANGALORE - if you are reading this please let us know, we will make you a celebrity. That idiot dosent even know what his vehicle is designed for, heck he dosent even know its an SUV. Money can get you the best cars but not the brains. If there was ever a more moronic driver this has to be him.

I was coming from the correct side form Domlur and imagine the frustation. When i am on the right side - i am being bullied off the road to the left most shoulder by people coming from the wrong side. Some local people standing there instead of trying to resolve the issue were having a good laugh at the expense of the people stuck in it.

Some drivers had the nerve to shout back at me when i tried reasoning with them that please take an alternate route but please dont go the wrong side. After being drenched to the bone trying to stop people from going up the wrong way i gave up and quitely went home.

Oh sammyboy if you saw a guy in a black pullover speaking to folks going the wrong way that was me.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive\Foul language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th August 2008 at 10:39. Reason: Post edited please see note in post
Old 27th August 2008, 16:07   #390
BHPian

I got stuck at the Bellandur gate junction in ORR today morning for 45 minutes. The stupid cop there was giving more attention to the vehicles on the Bellandur Road coming from Sarjapur Rd than the huge traffic pile-up on the ORR itself. It used to be pretty quick if there was no cop around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks