Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2013, 22:59   #4051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Few kids in my apartment go to this school. AFIK they usually run behind parents to get feed backs. The major complaint they receive is bus driver switching off A/C in the buses. So as usual cosy comforts more important to parents than life threatening adventures of the drivers.
We can't really blame the children. They are not mature enough to understand rash driving.

I don't think parents drive in the buses. Most parents I see, turn away and walk the moment their kid gets in the bus.

My point is, unless parents follow their kids' school bus, they'll never be able to lodge a complaint. Even if a parent finds out, she/he may not bother to complain because the child is in a bus which is "safer" than other vehicles due to its size and weight.
Old 7th January 2013, 00:02   #4052
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Just saw a nasty accident on old airport road at around 7PM. Looked like it just happened few minutes earlier. There was a white Vento parked on the sidewalk leaning against a lamp post facing the wrong way with no front wheels. Car was smashed up from every corner and it looked like it had toppled over.

I was driving from command hospital towards MG road and this was just before the signal that you take a right to go to Trinity on the opposite side.

My feeling is that he came from Trinity towards old airport road, saw a green light and took the left turn onto old airport road too fast then hit the divider spun and landed on the sidewalk on the left facing oncoming traffic.
Old 7th January 2013, 08:37   #4053
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Passed Trinity Circle, no a sign of anything this morning
Old 7th January 2013, 08:50   #4054
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Passed Trinity Circle, no a sign of anything this morning
Not at Trinity but the next signal where you turn left to merge onto old airport road. It was cleared out pretty quickly. I passed by at 7PM when it had just happened and cops were there with the tow truck and stopped traffic. By 10:30PM when I was headed back home the car had been cleared but there was loads of glass strewn on the road.
Old 8th January 2013, 13:13   #4055
Senior - BHPian

I drove on Outer Ring Road from Iblur till Marathahalli yesterday, after many people told me that the drive to ITPL has become quicker. But I feel this comes with huge risk. The continuous 3 lane road in Bangalore is more a bane than a boon. Tractors chugging on the rightmost lane, people simply running across the road (due to absence of overbridges), vehicles stopping in the left lane to pick up/drop people, LCVs overtaking other LCVs from the left, and worst of all, two-wheelers occupying all lanes.
Moreover, the lane markings are either worn off, or incorrect. I get so confused, because I don't like zigzagging.

I don't think our cops will ever be interesting in enforcing discipline.

I am happier driving in my village roads, which are narrow. There is hardly any traffic and plenty fresh air. The work at Kodathi railway crossing for flyover has started, so not many people go on the wrong side when the gate is closed. It might take me about 15 minutes extra to drive, but when I reach office, I am peaceful!
Old 10th January 2013, 19:45   #4056
BHPian

Reg the below 2 posts, we have been able to locate the parents, and police have been involved into it.

================

Back to the thread .

Saw this in FB and Im stumped.

Bangalore Police at their best. I sincerely hope the cop didnt get a show cause for this brave act

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-298932_499223336787498_2078084368_n.jpg
mannubhai is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 08:16   #4057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Bangalore Police at their best. I sincerely hope the cop didnt get a show cause for this brave act
Lovely. I hope these clamp-carrying cops reach Old Airport Road soon.
Old 11th January 2013, 08:57   #4058
BHPian

yesterday afternoon I noticed a Swaraj Mazda bus in marathalli which had written over it " Metro feeder bus service". Anybody has any information on the bus route / timings etc? I searched in BMTC website but could not get any details :(
Old 11th January 2013, 14:16   #4059
Senior - BHPian

Live update- a lot of cars caught by speed gun after hosa road signal-towards silk board. Watch out! Dont cross 60 kmph.
Old 11th January 2013, 21:16   #4060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Charity, sorry HONESTY begins at Home!!!
Old 13th January 2013, 20:05   #4061
BHPian

Noticed a massive fire near Nayandahalli junction a minute ago. Spotted it from the ORR over pass while driving by. Hope everyone's safe.
Old 15th January 2013, 15:55   #4062
BHPian

Good news for ORR users between KR Puram and Silkboard! Bellandur flyover is opened for traffic finally! This was a long awaited one.
bejoy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 16:21   #4063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Good news for ORR users between KR Puram and Silkboard! Bellandur flyover is opened for traffic finally! This was a long awaited one.

Great News. This was the only bottleneck remaining, ORR has improved a lot in past 6-8 months , the earstwhile pathetic jams are nonexistant most of the time now. To improve, pedestrian bridges are important, as ppl crossing the roads in the busy hours pose a threat to the traffic and the service roads need to improve as lot of wrong side moving traffic can be seen at office hours.

That should make ORR what it was supposed to be.
Old 15th January 2013, 19:52   #4064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post

Great News. This was the only bottleneck remaining, ORR has improved a lot in past 6-8 months , the earstwhile pathetic jams are nonexistant most of the time now. To improve, pedestrian bridges are important, as ppl crossing the roads in the busy hours pose a threat to the traffic and the service roads need to improve as lot of wrong side moving traffic can be seen at office hours.

That should make ORR what it was supposed to be.
Wow, that's really nice.
When was this opened ? In the morning, around 11am, it was still not opened for traffic.
Has anyone used it while come back towards silk board , is the flow of traffic smooth or we still have jams near ecospace because of vechiles coming out of ecospace campus.
Cheers
Old 15th January 2013, 21:38   #4065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Wow, that's really nice.
When was this opened ? In the morning, around 11am, it was still not opened for traffic.
Has anyone used it while come back towards silk board , is the flow of traffic smooth or we still have jams near ecospace because of vechiles coming out of ecospace campus.
Cheers
I took the flyover at 12:30 towards silkboard, when I was heading home for lunch. Heard that they had closed it again for a while for some work. But, yes the traffic is smooth on the flyover, though there are some hiccups at both ends due to the ecospace traffic and the bus stop at the other side.

Most Viewed