Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2013, 08:13   #4081
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Karthik, another alternative is to take the road which leads to BTM taverekere from St John's signal.
I am probably losing the thread here, but none of these directions would skip the underpass work at the junction of Sarjapur Road/Koramangala 100 ft Road, right? Or is that not a concern at all?
Old 19th January 2013, 08:44   #4082
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I am probably losing the thread here, but none of these directions would skip the underpass work at the junction of Sarjapur Road/Koramangala 100 ft Road, right? Or is that not a concern at all?
Our cab takes that road during peak hours everyday, I have never faced any kind of major delays at that junction.
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:34   #4083
BHPian

There were a lot of KSRTC coaches parked near Madhavan park circle in the morning today; occupying half of the road during peak hours. I was surprised to notice the petrol bunk having a hose long enough to get to a coach that was parked on the road.
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:42   #4084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
There were a lot of KSRTC coaches parked near Madhavan park circle in the morning today; occupying half of the road during peak hours. I was surprised to notice the petrol bunk having a hose long enough to get to a coach that was parked on the road.
India's destructive creativity at work. Since diesel prices are increased for bulk consumers (such as KSRTC), our buses try to fill in diesel from consumer pumps This is no different from using a subsidised LPG cylinder, given for home use, in a juhaad van to beat the market price.
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:44   #4085
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It was there in the papers today that BMTC buses would be refuelling at regular bunks along with other vehicle owners due to the deregulation.

I did not understand why but that is the case now.
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:50   #4086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
India's destructive creativity at work. Since diesel prices are increased for bulk consumers (such as KSRTC), our buses try to fill in diesel from consumer pumps This is no different from using a subsidised LPG cylinder, given for home use, in a juhaad van to beat the market price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It was there in the papers today that BMTC buses would be refuelling at regular bunks along with other vehicle owners due to the deregulation.

I did not understand why but that is the case now.
Here's the news article.

Quote:
KSRTC Managing Director N. Manjunatha Prasad told The Hindu that the corporation has directed the depot authorities to get the buses refuelled at nearest private fuel outlets. “Neither OMCs nor the fuel outlet operator can refuse entry of our buses and refuelling at the outlets,” Mr. Prasad said, adding that this was the only way to save the corporations as well as travelling public from the onslaught of a fare hike. The Rs. 11.95 hike in diesel for bulk consumers with effect from January 18 has come as a rude shock to these corporations.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:54   #4087
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the news article.
But this won't work for a long time - whether KSRTC likes it or not. The GoI or the OMCs will issue a decree soon to stop this malpractice.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:02   #4088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The GoI or the OMCs will issue a decree soon to stop this malpractice.
How is this malpractice? This is the result of differential pricing. People go where it is cheaper.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:06   #4089
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
How is this malpractice? This is the result of differential pricing. People go where it is cheaper.
It is malpractice because you are not supposed to go where it is cheaper. A bulk consumer is expected to pay the bulk price not the low volume price.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:08   #4090
BHPian

Quote:
The answer is there in your statement. "People" (like you and me, are supposed to) go where it is cheaper. Not buses. Not Railways. But, as many of us are, I am not surprised...I'm keen to see what the GoI / OMCs do.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:11   #4091
BHPian

So again, the poor man's transport - buses and trains will pay market price; but SUV owners and cabs continue enjoying the 'subsidy'?
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:23   #4092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not buses. Not Railways.
Why single out BMTC? What about the 'DVD Home Theatre' buses? Both buses operate on the same routes. Unless there a is a rule that buses & trains can't fill at bunks, there is no malpractice.

Last edited by msdivy : 22nd January 2013 at 11:25.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:24   #4093
BHPian

Quote:
Why single out BMTC? What about the 'DVD Home Theatre' buses? Unless there a is a rule that buses & trains can't fill at bunks, there is no malpractice.
Sadly true, at present; but not for a long time. Once again, a half-baked solution from the GoI / OMCs without understanding the complex dynamics of Indian creativity. Even within public transport, the GoI / OMCs clearly let off other bulk consumers such as SRS, KPN, ABT, TVS and others. Really, that's the sore point for all the State Transport Corporations such as KSRTC.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:24   #4094
Team-BHP Support

I noticed an awkwardly long traffic pileup today on ORR, between Agara flyover and Iblur flyover (the place where Sarjapur road and ORR split). Some water tankers were parked on the service lane with a lot of crowd standing there, forcing service road traffic to merge into ORR and causing the congestion. Any idea what happened, anyone? Was it an accident?

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd January 2013 at 11:26.
Old 22nd January 2013, 13:34   #4095
BHPian

Going from R.T.Nagar towards ITPL via Ramamurthynagar has become nightmare.

I used to travel via Shampura, Railway track, Kammanahalli, Hennur club and Ring road. Now they have dug up the road after the railway track and there are no signs of getting repaired soon. Even my Access is not usable now on this stretch.

Another route via Reliance Fresh is miserable. From Railway gate till Outer ring road - it is pathetic. I am just scared to take my car via that route.

From the past few months the Dinnur main road is a mess. No idea when it will be fixed.

I am sure another road leading stright from IOC near Nagavara, passing next to church will never be repaired - ever.

I am now travelling via Dinnur main road, Hebbal and Manayata Tech Park thereby commuting extra 8 + 8 kms everyday. The sheer apathy of the administration towards the road conditions is disgusting. It appears as if the locality beyond the railway track till ring road is nobody's responsibility or is there something fishy going around here?

These arterial roads can decongest the main roads in R.T.Nagar, Dinnur main road and CBI road. Why they are not getting repaired - nobody knows.

Most Viewed