Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2013, 18:24   #4111
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Did anyone else experience less than normal traffic on their work this morning? I leaft at my usual time of 9 AM and was surprised to see quite less traffic at Sevanagar and also on Queen's road.
Old 24th January 2013, 18:30   #4112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Did anyone else experience less than normal traffic on their work this morning? I leaft at my usual time of 9 AM and was surprised to see quite less traffic at Sevanagar and also on Queen's road.
I didn't. Experienced the usual density from south Blr to Indian express. Although, a few may have taken today off to make it a 4 day weekend.
Old 24th January 2013, 18:32   #4113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I didn't get this part. What do you mean by ORR being open, and where? Do you mean the right turn on the bridge after innovative multiplex? As far as I am aware, ORR users go till the U-turn after E-zone and come back all the way to the bridge to go to Kundalahalli.

I was using ORR until 2 weeks back, but now I switched to Karmelaram - Gunjur - Varthur - Hope farm route due to the lesser traffic you mention. Plus, we have less frequent gear changes, cleaner air and more greenery too. If only they did something about a couple of nasty potholes between Karmelaram and Varthur, I'd be really happy. Hitting those at speed could bend an alloy.

Karthik, do you mind explaining me how to get into that route form bellandur, Central Mall ? My wife works in ITPL and myself in elec city. No, i dont have to drop here everyday but when i have to, i silently tell myself "Happy Journey" . Your route would give me the much needed respite.
Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I wish i could ever say that being a reguler commuter on ORR

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th January 2013 at 18:55. Reason: Back to back posts. Next time infraction. Please refrain
Old 24th January 2013, 18:41   #4114
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Karthik, do you mind explaining me how to get into that route form bellandur, Central Mall ? My wife works in ITPL and myself in elec city. No, i dont have to drop here everyday but when i have to, i silently tell myself "Happy Journey" . Your route would give me the much needed respite.
Thanks in advance.
Sure, here is the route I use.
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...via=1&t=m&z=12

I use ORR until Iblur flyover, and then use this route to avoid Marathahalli/Kundalahalli/Cosmos mall chaos. It is saving me 30 minutes daily (one way), on average. Night times, this stretch can get pretty deserted so I would suggest you to avoid it after 8pm or thereabouts, not too safe. ORR is better at those times.

EDIT : Sorry I misread your post as Bangalore Central mall (and I assumed it was Jayanagar one), my bad. Apologies for the wrong link.
This would be your correct route from Bellandur Central mall to ITPL:

Last edited by KarthikK : 24th January 2013 at 18:53.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 18:42   #4115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
How is this malpractice? This is the result of differential pricing. People go where it is cheaper.
IMO, this is malpractise. Bulk users are those who run fleets whether its cars,buses etc etc. As per the GOI, they will be given fuel at a higher rate that the reguler buyers. Now if they go to a reguler pump which is meant for reguler users, it's actually bypassing the rates which are decided for fleet (in this case BMTC).

I hope my understanding is correct.
Old 24th January 2013, 21:17   #4116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
This would be your correct route from Bellandur Central mall to ITPL:
Great !! Thanks KarthikK !!! This is the same route that rohanjf and me were discussing. Will try this on Monday.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 12:39   #4117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Great !! Thanks KarthikK !!! This is the same route that rohanjf and me were discussing. Will try this on Monday.
Sometimes luck runs out badly in this route . There are few buses who take this route and sometimes they get jammed when they find trucks coming from opposite direction. If I m rushing for a meeting and I can not afford to get delayed then I do not use this route as anything can happen in this road.

80% of the time it will save you time for sure but you need to be prepared for bad times.
Old 25th January 2013, 12:59   #4118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Sometimes luck runs out badly in this route . There are few buses who take this route and sometimes they get jammed when they find trucks coming from opposite direction. If I m rushing for a meeting and I can not afford to get delayed then I do not use this route as anything can happen in this road.
80% of the time it will save you time for sure but you need to be prepared for bad times.
Gosh, you scared me !! Totally agree with you. These roads are being newly explored and company buses are the ones who always try ways of exploring new routes, without giving a damn about the quality, width, density of these roads. Finally they end up choking the route causing problems to rest all who use this road.
Taking this route before meetings is a total gamble and reminds me of the dialogue - "Haar ke jeetne wale ko Baazigar kehte hain".

Same is the stretch of road which people take after taking U-Turn from the ISRO junction. There is a railway crossing there, and if the gates are closed, then you are doomed there forever in a never ending jam.
Last Tuesday, our company bus took this route and choked the road with a long line of poor vehicles behind it.
Old 25th January 2013, 13:45   #4119
Oxy
BHPian

Was anyone else stuck in the mayhem at Marathahalli bridge sometime around 10 PM last night?

I took a bus from the borewell bus stop (HAL helicopter division) at 9:40 PM and I was only able to reach the Marathahalli bridge by 11 PM (that's hardly a 2 km distance). Looked like a bus had broken down in the middle of the bridge.
Old 25th January 2013, 15:24   #4120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
IMO, this is malpractise. Bulk users are those who run fleets whether its cars,buses etc etc. As per the GOI, they will be given fuel at a higher rate that the reguler buyers. Now if they go to a reguler pump which is meant for reguler users, it's actually bypassing the rates which are decided for fleet (in this case BMTC).
Well, your definition of bulk users is ok, but there is nothing that stops them from going to the regular pump. I don't think GoI can even legislate against it. All BMTC/KSRTC is doing is to go to the vendor who supplies the stuff at a lower price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I took a bus from the borewell bus stop (HAL helicopter division) at 9:40 PM and I was only able to reach the Marathahalli bridge by 11 PM (that's hardly a 2 km distance).
You didn't consider getting off the bus and walking? As you say, it is hardly 2 km.
Old 25th January 2013, 16:19   #4121
Senior - BHPian

Roadhumps seems to have come out pf nowhere in Basavanagudi area yesterday. One in front of Vijaya High School, one on BP Wadia road and the hump in front of Basavanagudi Police Station seems to have grown twice its size overnight. The hump in front of Vijaya high school did not have any marker on it and I saw a car fly over it this morning on my way to work . Luckily the guy controlled the car and missed the median by inches.
Old 25th January 2013, 18:28   #4122
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
You didn't consider getting off the bus and walking? As you say, it is hardly 2 km.
I could not have walked all the way home. I stay in Kadugodi, which is like some 13 kms from that place.
Old 29th January 2013, 13:20   #4123
Senior - BHPian

Car owners who sport 'provocative' stickers on their rides, beware. Bangalore police could soon be at your heels!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bm_offensive_sticekr.jpg Image courtesy BTP FB page
Even a common 'no fear' sticker was removed! This incident could lead to a lot of debates!
Old 4th February 2013, 09:27   #4124
Distinguished - BHPian

The Kadubesanahalli underpass (towards Marathahalli) has got a new layer of tar. As a result the uneven concrete section in the middle has now been tarred and the hump in the middle of the underpass has been removed.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 09:35   #4125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The Kadubesanahalli underpass (towards Marathahalli) has got a new layer of tar. As a result the uneven concrete section in the middle has now been tarred and the hump in the middle of the underpass has been removed.
On Saturday they had closed it and it was all hell broken loose. Took me 20 mins to clear it. Thank god it's reopened and relaid.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks