Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2013, 13:40   #4171
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Thanks for the picture Parag. One look at the picture and you can see why it is crazy. I'm not sure who the brain behind this plan is, but really think he was on a high. I'm sure he's forgotten that there is traffic coming from Vijayanagar side towards Mysore road.
Another flyover is going to appear out of nowhere for that
When you hear so called experts like Sreehari talking non-sense, you lose all hope.

If you look at the under pass on ring road near kadirenahally, you want to kill these authorities. The underpass ends at an intersection where you have to stop going towards kanakapura road.

Last edited by srishiva : 5th March 2013 at 13:42.
Old 5th March 2013, 14:00   #4172
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Thanks for the picture Parag. One look at the picture and you can see why it is crazy. I'm not sure who the brain behind this plan is, but really think he was on a high. I'm sure he's forgotten that there is traffic coming from Vijayanagar side towards Mysore road.
I am regular commuter on the stretch between Vijaynagar to Sirsi circle flyover. I use my 2-wheeler to commute. Trust me the flyover has definitely eased out congestion. Before the flyover was opened it used to take anywhere between 10-15 minutes to cross the stretch between Deepanjali nagar - Gali Anjaneya swamy temple during peak hours. Since yesterday I have been able to cross in 5 minutes.

A few things that the traffic cops have done to ease the congestion
-They have moved the bus stand near the exit ramp further up. Otherwise the moment buses exited the ramp they would have stopped bang in the middle of road.

But all is not well with this arrangement. Some problems which I noticed today
(1) The entry point near the flyover has become a bus stop. Buses stop here for people at Deepanjali nagar. So people get down here and cross the road. And the place is unmanned expect it to get chaotic over the next days.
(2) Near the exit point towards the left, there is a small road. This is a short cut to get into areas like RPC layout. Lot of cab drivers, 2 wheelers use this road. Earlier there used to be huge traffic jam created because of people turning in to/out of this road. The cops had blocked this for people
-trying to get on to this road from Sirsi circle
-trying to go towards mysore road from the narrow lane.
But now people coming from Sirsi circle are taking a U-turn near Gali Anjaneya temple and then take another U-turn near the exit ramp to get on to the narrow lane . This will become chaotic in a few days.
To solve this problem, it is very essential that the road in front of Gali Anjaneya temple is made one-way moving towards Mysore road. Otherwise things will be as bad as it was before.
As for people going from Vijaynagar towards mysore. They can take the new flyover and at the exit, turn in towards Mysore. The flyover has another exit point towards Mysore which is right now closed. I know this will be round about and will increase the commute distance. But its going to be faster. Since the Gali Anjaneya swamy temple would be a one way for all practical purposes.

EDIT: Forgot add, the flyover has another entry ramp to make it easy for vehicles coming from mysore road to get on to the flyover.

Last edited by flycatcher : 5th March 2013 at 14:06. Reason: EDIT: Forgot to mention that the authorities have constructed one more ramp at the entry to make it easy for vehicles getting
flycatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 14:59   #4173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
But all is not well with this arrangement. Some problems which I noticed today
It will be beneficial for people coming from Vijayanagar side, there is no doubt at all on this. Even I was wondering about that small road to RPC Layout. A couple of days back, I did pass through the Gali Anjaneyaswamy temple area at around 10 pm, but did not notice how the ramp had covered this road.

Quote:
EDIT: Forgot add, the flyover has another entry ramp to make it easy for vehicles coming from mysore road to get on to the flyover.
Where exactly is this ramp? How easy is it to get on the flyover using this ramp? Because, as per in the picture, it would not have been easy for heavy vehicles to turn a full right angle onto the ramp.

But then, it will create a block for people coming from Sirsi circle side. Since people coming from Mysore side will have to cross the chord road to join the flyover, people turning right from Sirsi circle side towards Vijayanagar will be blocked by the Mysore road traffic.
Old 5th March 2013, 15:26   #4174
BHPian

Quote:
Where exactly is this ramp? How easy is it to get on the flyover using this ramp? Because, as per in the picture, it would not have been easy for heavy vehicles to turn a full right angle onto the ramp.
I have attached an image that shows the entry-exit points of the newly constructed flyover. The entry point for the vehicles coming in from Mysore road is near the upcoming metro station. The ramp is quite wide. It shouldnt be a problem even for big vehicles to get onto it. I have seen the heavy cranes used in metro work being parked on it with ease.

The entire stretch would become like a traffic island. Right from Satellite bus stand up to Nayandahalli gate the stretch will become signal free.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-gatemple.jpg
flycatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 06:53   #4175
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The entire stretch would become like a traffic island. Right from Satellite bus stand up to Nayandahalli gate the stretch will become signal free.
Once the Mysore road-NICE Road entry from the road next to Byatarayanapura Police Station (which goes to Girinagar) is ready this will ensure better connectivity and hopefully better flow of traffic.

Couple of problems with this traffic island concept:
1.When going from Sirsi Circle flyover towards Gali Anjaneya temple, vehicles making a right turn in front of the temple to the road towards Bapujinagar (I hope I got the name right) will block flow of traffic coming from the new bridge and merging onto Mysore Road. Similarly, vehicles coming out of Bapujinagar and making a right turn onto Mysore Road will see a mess when merging with traffic from the bridge.
2. The temple itself is on one edge of this island and visitors who (will!) park their vehicles around it will cause more traffic problems.
Given this, one possible solution is to not allow right turns into Bapuji Nagar from Mysore Road but I don't know if this will/can be implemented

Last edited by NPV : 6th March 2013 at 06:56.
Old 6th March 2013, 10:38   #4176
BHPian

Another good initiative (though, already triggered in past):

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle4479448.ece

I wish there was some kind of fine/ penalty/ law for irritating honking as done by most BMTC bus and cabs. They consider the horn as a cheat code in NFS which will blow the vehicle in front and make way for them. It does not blow the vehicle but surely the ear drums!
Old 6th March 2013, 11:14   #4177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Couple of problems with this traffic island concept:
1.When going from Sirsi Circle flyover towards Gali Anjaneya temple, vehicles making a right turn in front of the temple to the road towards Bapujinagar (I hope I got the name right) will block flow of traffic coming from the new bridge and merging onto Mysore Road. Similarly, vehicles coming out of Bapujinagar and making a right turn onto Mysore Road will see a mess when merging with traffic from the bridge.
NPV, when you say Bapujinagar, are you referring to the road next to the new flyover which goes to RPC layout? If yes, the turn leading into that road from mysore road has already been blocked.
+1 to the problem of people parking near temple. This will be the biggest challenge to overcome.

Once all the construction work is completed, I am being hopeful that will be effective solution to the traffic woes around that junction.
But as always dont know when our people start creating new problems. Today already I saw 2 autos with their head lights on coming on the wrong side on the new flyover
Old 6th March 2013, 11:25   #4178
BHPian

Quote:
NPV, when you say Bapujinagar, are you referring to the road next to the new flyover which goes to RPC layout? If yes, the turn leading into that road from mysore road has already been blocked.
+1 to the problem of people parking near temple. This will be the biggest challenge to overcome.

Once all the construction work is completed, I am being hopeful that will be effective solution to the traffic woes around that junction.
But as always dont know when our people start creating new problems. Today already I saw 2 autos with their head lights on coming on the wrong side on the new flyover
flycatcher, autos are somewhat ok. I had the horrible experience of facing a JCB coming down the Dairy Circle flyover when I was about to climb it!
The reason: The stretch from Christ to Forum was jammed and the great guy decided to turn right on the flyover
Old 6th March 2013, 12:32   #4179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have attached an image that shows the entry-exit points of the newly constructed flyover. The entry point for the vehicles coming in from Mysore road is near the upcoming metro station. The ramp is quite wide. It shouldnt be a problem even for big vehicles to get onto it. I have seen the heavy cranes used in metro work being parked on it with ease.

Attachment 1058586

That small road leading into Bapujinagar will become a serious bottleneck unless authorities prevent people taking a UTurn at Gali Anjeneya temple and entering this road! The problem is if people have to enter this road coming from Satellite bus stand side then they have to take a huge round about of going to Deepanjali nagar, taking the new flyover and then taking a UTurn at the exit of the flyover to enter this road. Cabwallas,autos find this hard to digest and are hell bent upon taking the UTurn! Unless the stretch from satellite to further is made One way these morons will be difficult to stop.

EDIT- From the pic, does it mean vehicles going from BHEL towards satellite have to enter deepanjali nagar(take a left) and then enter the flyover(take a right)?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 6th March 2013 at 12:34.
Old 6th March 2013, 18:56   #4180
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
That small road leading into Bapujinagar will become a serious bottleneck unless authorities prevent people taking a UTurn at Gali Anjeneya temple and entering this road!

EDIT- From the pic, does it mean vehicles going from BHEL towards satellite have to enter deepanjali nagar(take a left) and then enter the flyover(take a right)?
Not allowing a right / U turn at that junction is the only solution.

Yes, vehicles coming from BHEL towards satellite bus station have to enter Deepanjalinagar and come right around the island - via the new bridge over storm water drain and turn right in front of Gali Anjaneya temple.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
I had the horrible experience of facing a JCB coming down the Dairy Circle flyover when I was about to climb it!
Candidates for the bad drivers thread!

Last edited by NPV : 6th March 2013 at 19:00.
Old 6th March 2013, 20:11   #4181
Senior - BHPian

Today i was proceeding to BTM(A2B) for lunch. A red Thar demo vehicle was inching behind me, and in no time, i heard that awful scratch sound. This in fact, when there was no traffic at all(at 12:50 PM). He immediately overtook me and fled the scene. The damage was minimal, with only scraped paint and thankfully, no deformation.

Then i proceeded to A2B backside, and found a gap between the trees and parked it safely, as close to the ditch and got out, when the fussy A2B watchman started with the whistle. Unable to understand his gesture, i became restless and returned back.

I shouldn't have complained about the home cooked curd rice, in the first case.
Old 6th March 2013, 20:26   #4182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Then i proceeded to A2B backside, and found a gap between the trees and parked it safely, as close to the ditch and got out, when the fussy A2B watchman started with the whistle. Unable to understand his gesture, i became restless and returned back.
Dont you hate it when that happens? I mean, you think you have found the perfect spot to park your car and you proceed to park it there with immaculate precision, sometimes after making 2 or 3 attempts, and just when you figure you have parked satisfactorily, a guard pops out of nowhere telling you not to park there

It is as if they purposefully do that to derive some sadistic pleasure out of it.
amitoj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 20:29   #4183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
They consider the horn as a cheat code in NFS which will blow the vehicle in front and make way for them. It does not blow the vehicle but surely the ear drums!
Quote:
Today already I saw 2 autos with their head lights on coming on the wrong side on the new flyover
@ MotoNanu - Horn is a cheat code, but did you forget mentioning the Head Lights ON Cheat Code ?? This means that "Move Aside - I am in Brakeless (or Breakless) Mode"

@ flycatcher - See, you already met the racers with Cheat Codes Activated.
Old 8th March 2013, 17:07   #4184
Senior - BHPian

Foot-Over Bridge in front of Ecospace, ORR

Is it just me, or anyone else who feels the immediate need to a foot-over bridge in front of Ecospace, ORR, B'lore ?

I was about to run over 4 men on this stretch when they decided to jump infront of my car, while I was coming down the Intel flyover. This happened yesterday (8th) around 5:00 PM.
I thank my stars for letting those 4 men alive !!

Here how things unfolded within 5-8 seconds:
I am coming down the Intel flyover towards the Bellandur flyover. Between these flyovers lies the notorious Ecospace. Vehicles zoom in and out of this IT Park. Add to that problem, employees of various organizations jump on the street to cross the road, stop a bus, talk on phone, etc.

I am following a Sumo, and am doing around 60kmph. The Sumo is about 2 cars (theory) ahead of me. I see some people standing on the left of the road. The moment the Sumo passes them, they jump onto the road in an effort to cross it between the Sumo and me. I brake hard and they thankfully realise it was a bad decision and backed off. I missed them by a whisker and I hear a loud "Ayeeeee" shout. By this time my car has slowed down and I look in the IRVM that they are looking at me, still alive !!!

I slowly moved to the left lane of the Bellandur flyover, put the hazards on, downshift to 2nd gear and drink plenty of water. My hands, infact my whole body was trembling and my heart was pounding hard. There after till my home, I maintained a speed of max 40kmph. The incident is till in my mind. What if.... ??

I wonder why isn't the govt. looking into the importance of constructing a foot over bridge at this spot. Does all the responsibility end with constructing a wide road and huge flyovers ? Its a super-accident-prone zone. There are flyovers on eitherside of Ecospace and vehicles speed while coming down on either side of the road.
Old 8th March 2013, 17:36   #4185
Senior - BHPian

Soumyajit

Added to that, the Bus stand is bang in middle. People cross roads to catch buses in the middle. Its a crazy place really. Its a shining example of moronic road planning.

Last edited by joslicx : 8th March 2013 at 17:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks