Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2008, 21:32   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I am an Indian you see, so I am all that and more.
Good. May your tribe increase!
Old 1st September 2008, 21:51   #422
Senior - BHPian

ACP Traffic had sent a message on mobile to avoid these roads from today upto next 3 days after 6 pm. They have introduced extra buses for the festival season and the traffic might be more. The roads include KR Road, Sheshadri Road and Majestic area.

Guys, just keep in mind about this for next 3 days. If you are going out of station or catching a bus/train, then leave the house early. It may help you catch the bus/train.
Old 2nd September 2008, 15:04   #423
BANNED

Shouldnt the ACP be doing better then sending such foolish messages - Dont use that road because my pot bellied and good for nothing cops who need to make money by harrassing out of state vehicles because of the festival season are incompetent to manage the increase in traffic for 3 Days out of the 365 days.

The ACP is being paid to send such messages?

PS: Apologies if the ACP is a native, very naive of me to say something against him. Maybe the outsiders are to be blamed for his incompetency too.

Sincerely
Spitfire

Last edited by Spitfire : 2nd September 2008 at 15:06.
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:10   #424
BHPian

Latest News: Cops are being sent to Singapore to learn Traffic Management.

Phew..the cops who can't even figure out what's wrong or right, who can't even tell an auto driver / bmtc driver / or ANYBODY (that includes everybody from all states / doing all kinds of jobs including software) for that matter to stick to the CORRECT LANE (What's it BTW?) are going to Singapore to learn traffic.

There goes my tax money.

Old 2nd September 2008, 16:32   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Shouldnt the ACP be doing better then sending such foolish messages - Dont use that road because my pot bellied and good for nothing cops who need to make money by harrassing out of state vehicles because of the festival season are incompetent to manage the increase in traffic for 3 Days out of the 365 days.

The ACP is being paid to send such messages?

PS: Apologies if the ACP is a native, very naive of me to say something against him. Maybe the outsiders are to be blamed for his incompetency too.

Sincerely
Spitfire
If you want to take in right sprit then take it otherwise leave it. Do not want to get into another baseless argument with you & your *****.
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:38   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
ACP Traffic had sent a message on mobile to avoid these roads from today upto next 3 days after 6 pm. They have introduced extra buses for the festival season and the traffic might be more. The roads include KR Road, Sheshadri Road and Majestic area.

Guys, just keep in mind about this for next 3 days. If you are going out of station or catching a bus/train, then leave the house early. It may help you catch the bus/train.
That is a very good initiative. But from personal experience, I would think that warning applies to 365 days. I have never ever seen the named roads free of traffic snarls.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 2nd September 2008, 17:13   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
That is a very good initiative. But from personal experience, I would think that warning applies to 365 days. I have never ever seen the named roads free of traffic snarls.

Cheers,

Rajan
IMO, as Govt has introduced many special buses which starts from Mysore bank circle, they are expecting some huge traffic in evening times. Hence they have warned people about the same. They have done their work. Now it is upto the public to adhere to this or not. We as a educated persons have to heed to them.

I do hope people here (in this forum) will take it in a positive way and not rant on their feelings.
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:03   #428
BHPian

Quote:

Even I received this SMS on Sunday. Its a good intiative. Atleast I can plan alternate routes to reach Basaveshwaranagar in the evening.
1. Whitefield-MGRoad-Mission road-Minerva circle-Chamrajpet-Magadi road
2. Whitefield-MGRoad-Cantonment-Sadashivnagar-Rajajinagar 1st block-Chord road
3. Whitefield-Halasuru-Mekhri circle-Yeshwantpur-Chord road
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:21   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you want to take in right sprit then take it otherwise leave it. Do not want to get into another baseless argument with you & your *****.
First of all such messages sent before such occasions is a friendly reminder to people and as Srinivas had mentioned it does serve its purpose.

@Spitfire: Chill Dude and its better to leave bygone topics and not carry forward any hard feelings as to every issue there is always "BOTH THE SIDES" and each one of us is entitled to have his version.

Out of topic but of interest: May be you guys know this that traffic cops are being sent to Singapore for training. What the heck? do these cops need lessons abroad with our tax money. I think retd DGP Mumbai police Dr P.S.Pasricha should be given the charge to educate them.

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 2nd September 2008 at 18:24.
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:41   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Out of topic but of interest: May be you guys know this that traffic cops are being sent to Singapore for training. What the heck? do these cops need lessons abroad with our tax money. I think retd DGP Mumbai police Dr P.S.Pasricha should be given the charge to educate them.
. Its our money and they are wasting to get educated from Singapore or foreign jaunts. All these guys will do is eat, sleep and roam around the city and then return back and inform us that whatever is applicable in Singapore cannot be implemented.

Earlier, the Mayor and corporators had gone to China to learn the system adopted in Shanghai. All they did was roam around rhe cty and came back and informed that they have a different system and cannot be applicable here.
Old 2nd September 2008, 20:39   #431
BANNED

Traffic Police are meant to keep traffic in order, not give warnings that the traffic is going to increase please find alternate route. That means they cant do their job i.e. to provide proper traffic regulation on arterial roads? Does the SMS say what are the alternate routes? Instead these SMS will make people more anxious to get out of that place in turn making more chaos.

Oh and the native comment was to be on the safer side before the self confessed upholders of the localites start getting a pain in their ***.
Old 3rd September 2008, 11:33   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Traffic Police are meant to keep traffic in order, not give warnings that the traffic is going to increase please find alternate route. That means they cant do their job i.e. to provide proper traffic regulation on arterial roads? Does the SMS say what are the alternate routes? Instead these SMS will make people more anxious to get out of that place in turn making more chaos.
hehe, atleast 3 days out of 365 they have accepted their incompetency to manage traffic.

By the way, new traffic lights have been installed and made functional near the BDA complex in Koramangala. Needless to say, be very careful when you stop there if its red. The speedbreaker before that junction when going towards IRR has become a blessing in disguise as it prevents any mad cabbie from hitting you at high speed if you stop at red.

Cheerios.
Old 26th September 2008, 22:42   #433
BANNED

Good and bad news:

Good: the road under the Beninganahalli railway line on Old Madras Road has been laid - no more off-roading experience. Traffic moves quicker and smoother though the width of the road is the same.

Bad: 2 pm - saw a motorcyclist lying dead on the Outer Ring Road stretch between the junction of Whitefield Road and ORR (Krishnarajapuram - Marathahalli stretch) and the Krishnarajapuram bridge, towards the bridge. Saw a parked lorry and lots of policemen and traffic starting to pile up towards KRPuram all the way from Hoodi Circle. If any of you were stuck on this stretch, you know why.

Edit: the new speedbreaker in front of Bimal Maruti on Whitefield Road is a killer. Watch out & take the hump diagonally - nothing less than an SUV / LCV will clear this easily. Scraped a Fiesta & an Indica on this hump.

Last edited by hrag : 26th September 2008 at 22:57.
Old 27th September 2008, 10:33   #434
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Edit: the new speedbreaker in front of Bimal Maruti on Whitefield Road is a killer. Watch out & take the hump diagonally - nothing less than an SUV / LCV will clear this easily. Scraped a Fiesta & an Indica on this hump.
Was this speedbreaker put up by Bimal to prove the ground clearance of the SX4? This breaker is new, and a celeb already. Has the honour of having a thread exclusively about it.
Old 1st October 2008, 19:49   #435
BHPian

The illegal speed breakers ( better called Car Breakers ) are really a menace in Bangalore roads. Most of them are just a heap of tar without any proper curve or shape. You have to be extremely careful to avoid scratching the bottom of your car. In some of the roads, people stared making their own speed breakers with mud / cement etc.. The PWD or local bodies don't do anything .

Most Viewed