Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2013, 10:41   #4636
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Fellow bhpians travelling on Bannerghatta Road beware of a Grey Ford Fiesta bearing registration number KA51 P 4996 driven by a lady, this woman works in Honeywell and has a liking for zig-zag driving in busy roads, today morning when I was also trying to take a turn in front of Honeywell she rushed from wrong side as if the world was going to end and just took a blind right turn into the campus with least care for other people who were also waiting. I spoke to the security people who said lot of complaints has been made about her but she is happy about her skills.

Last edited by deehunk : 17th July 2013 at 10:42.
Old 17th July 2013, 10:47   #4637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Just trying to understand... when you are doing moderate speed and not overtaking, why on the right most lane?
If you have been to this place - Its a 2 lane road, and joggers (to and from Lalbagh) & pedestrians would often frequent the left. Plus had a mini truck on my left shoulder who was doing the same speed with very little chance of me overtaking him.
Old 17th July 2013, 10:48   #4638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
And I thought that town buses drive slow to pick up passengers.
Two probable causes of rash driving:
- He had super spicy Biriyani last night.
- His wife warned him to reach home before a stipulated time.

EDIT:: And by the way, that number plate is illegal too. Written in Kannada numerical and alphabets. Correct me if I am wrong.
There are enough provisions in our laws to not resort to using road rollers !

As for the name plate, its an additional one. The english one should already be as per law. Most Govt vehicles follow this approach without breaking any rules.
Old 17th July 2013, 11:25   #4639
Distinguished - BHPian

4 Killed by a speeding Land Rover in Bangalore. This is what the reckless drivers are upto?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/21113208.cms
Old 17th July 2013, 11:56   #4640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Those BMTC douches dont give a damn. I followed up with them on another serious matter but they did not even bother.

Can you post link to that post here? Will spread to put more pressure.
Here is the link to the facebook post,
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...=photo_comment

Can some one translate the number for me? BTP has asked me to post on the publiceyepost site. I will have to mention the number there.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 12:12   #4641
Senior - BHPian

The number reads as KA01 FA 1903 and belongs to Depot 27 which is Jigani location. The route number although not very clear in the image can be either 365 or 365P. The depot manager is Anand Kumar, mobile # 7760991427, mail ID dm27bmtc@gmail.com.

Last edited by deehunk : 17th July 2013 at 12:30. Reason: Typo
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 14:16   #4642
BHPian

I am working from home today and the pot hole filling ( painting) squad came to our road( Jayanagar T block)
Some observations
1. Drivers have no sense to allow the work to happen, even as the gang was cleaning the pothole and marking it , they came so close to the workers that one auto guy got the best reward, some of the tar that the guy had in his can entered inside the auto
2. Before they begin work its better to cordon off the road for an hour or so that it will be easier for everyone
3. Pothole filling in peak monsoon does not make any sense as it will wash away in couple of hours if it rains
4. Road roller was used on the pothole exactly 3 times ( forward-back-forward) and that's it, hope that the tar sets fast
5. Spoke with the contractor and he was saying that this is a stop gap thing and re-laying the road is the best solution.
6. Overall the quality of workman ship is so pedestrian that its really a waste of effort.

Our road looks like a bandaged strip of tarmac with less of the original road and more of these patch work.
Old 17th July 2013, 18:01   #4643
BHPian

So nandidurga road was carpeted 6 days back from the Masjid junction until Binny crescent entrance. There was zero tar for a period of 2 years on this stretch.

Good news is the first baby pot hole has sprung up in "6 days" of fresh tarring. It will develop into a nice big puddle by the looks of it in a months time due to jelly lying around it & heavy rains. Maybe another 5 years the bbmp would consider tarring an important road leading to BIAL.
Old 17th July 2013, 18:52   #4644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
4 Killed by a speeding Land Rover in Bangalore. This is what the reckless drivers are upto?

Big shot. Will be swept under the carpet in record time. Nothing will happen.
Old 17th July 2013, 21:53   #4645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Big shot. Will be swept under the carpet in record time. Nothing will happen.
True! And this is the bad luck of our country and the plight of common people. This is not merely an unfortunate accident, but something the driver actually invited.
Old 17th July 2013, 23:26   #4646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Tragic loss of life due to one person's carelessness.

However, every time such accident happens, i am always amazed how confidently the newspapers report the speed as judged by the bystanders. In this case:
Quote:
The driver apparently failed to notice a speed-breaker. Once the SUV rode over it, he completely lost control over the vehicle, which appeared to be moving at its maximum speed.
Above statement is from a TV mechanic. I suppose its possible that he is an ardent follower of Land Rovers?
Old 18th July 2013, 12:48   #4647
Senior - BHPian

Well looks like the culprit will be off the hook with 2 year jail term as per the latest news Drunk drivers flee to sober up before surrendering. Its sad how the laws can be manipulated so easily.
Old 18th July 2013, 13:29   #4648
Distinguished - BHPian

The guy has finally surrendered after the Land Rover accident.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/21133181.cms
Old 18th July 2013, 13:51   #4649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The guy has finally surrendered after the Land Rover accident.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/21133181.cms
Yea, saw that + saw the article that motomaverick mentioned earlier.

So the bottomline is - Culprit surrenders after 2 days, he is absolutely sober today, no alcohol content in his blood stream. He walks away with just 2 years of sentence for negligent driving. Police gets Trolled.
Mera Bharat Mahan !!!
Old 18th July 2013, 14:27   #4650
BHPian

I am not taking sides. But then, in the same link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/21133181.cms it is quoted that he lost control after hitting a speed breaker.

Agreed, he should have gone to the cops, etc.

BUT was there a signage for the speedbraker? Let us be realistic, how many of us have been surprised by the presence of a speed breaker all-of-a-sudden? If the route we take is a regular one, then we are aware of it, else would we be?

At this juncture, media should focus and ensure cops have signages installed at approrpriate places.

It is not only speed breakers, dont we have medians with stones all around the them cropping up over night, cops erecting mind blowing barricades and leaving it unattended until the next morning, etc?
I am sure quite a few of us have had close encounters with the "modern" medians these guys install - cement blocks.

So, if the were to solve this in-reality, then whoever is investigating should first findout if there was a signage for that speed breaker, because that seems to be the root cause.

Reiterating - I am not taking sides.
deadguy25 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks