Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 12:14   #466
BHPian

Yesterday morning at Bilekahalli signal (the one near Maruti showroom) the light just turned red for vehicles coming onto B.G. road and hence a lance stopped. The road is really narrow and there has been a barricade put up so that people don't get on to the wrong side. As I was crossing the jn, I noticed an Innova trying to turn in from BG road only to find a guy in Wagon R taking the wrong side to jump the signal. I just drove off. Didn't know what ensued.
Old 4th February 2009, 21:20   #467
BHPian

Corporate Causing Traffic Jam

Guys this is a real problem I have faced when ever I have started early from my office around 5 - 5.15 PM.

This is a huge corporate which has more than 30-40 buses and the company buses have to cross the road in front of the gate to come to the other side of the road. Now when these buses go couple of private security guards stand on two sides of the road and only allow their buses to go. In this way they cause a two way traffic. No vehicle can move on either side of the road and only their vehicles move. This takes more than 15 - 20 minutes and I guess it happens twice a day in the peak time. Most of the company buses leave at 5 and this causes quite a chaos on the roads when every one on both the side of the road bang their head and coolly these buses move. This road leads to ITPL and one of the busiest road in Bangalore which is always crowded. Now look who is causing the traffic which we always complain.

I just want to know if this is correct ? How can a corporate cause a two way traffic jam for 15-20 minutes both ways. Do the private security guards have authority to control the traffic on the road and ordinary people have to listen to them. Fine you can do it if one or two vehicle need to pass but boss these many buses .. Sometimes I feel this is completely goondaism.They can devise some other plan to avoid this situation. Come on yaar is this the Social Engineering and Corporate Social responsibity you are showing ?? Is this the example of the " GO GREEN " approach which most of the corporates are following these days ?

@Mods: If you feel there is no need to create a thread, then please feel free to merge this with any other thread and kindly let me know about the same.
Old 5th February 2009, 09:56   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Is this the example of the " GO GREEN " approach which most of the corporates are following these days ?
Sammy Boy, Talk to Sapphire Alpha Peta admin or HR reps who are handling this transport facility (if they are the culprits). Definitely they will listen to your concerns and should be able to get you a solution
Old 5th February 2009, 10:08   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just want to know if this is correct ? How can a corporate cause a two way traffic jam for 15-20 minutes both ways. Do the private security guards have authority to control the traffic on the road and ordinary people have to listen to them.
On a public road, the private guards have no authority to stop traffic. In fact, they should be controlling the buses coming out of the company so that they dont disrupt the traffic.

Forget going to the company's HR. You should complain to traffic police right away.
Old 5th February 2009, 10:34   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Sammy Boy, Talk to Sapphire Alpha Peta admin or HR reps who are handling this transport facility (if they are the culprits). Definitely they will listen to your concerns and should be able to get you a solution
S M A R T ...

Well I am a passer by and how do you think I can get access to their HR or Admin guys ...

Some one should forward this thread to them.
Old 5th February 2009, 11:19   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Forget going to the company's HR. You should complain to traffic police right away.
Traffic police !!!!!!!!

There is a big junction just 150-200 meters away which is always guarded by 2-3 cops, and everyday around 2-3 PM they stand right infront of the company to catch 2 wheelers for insufficient documents. Do you think they dont notice this ?
Old 5th February 2009, 20:27   #472
BHPian

[Well I am a passer by and how do you think I can get access to their HR or Admin guys ...

Some one should forward this thread to them.[/quote]

You don't have to necessarily go meet them. In Bombay I had a problem with a company's security guards who used to hold up traffic in the lane near their building whenever their big shots left to go somewhere.

I got their board number (most big companies' number/admin email id should be available on the net) and called and asked for their Public Relations dept. because I had a complaint. I was connected immediately, explained the problem and they listened. The problem stopped the next day.

It may not always happen but generally if you go to a senior guy in a big company and sound like you believe you are justified in complaining, they will listen. The usual assumption being that if you ask for a top guy you must be a top guy yourself.

Alternatively write to a newspaper - this is the sort of thing they love to publish in their citizens' complaint/city watch pages.
Old 5th February 2009, 21:43   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Traffic police !!!!!!!!

There is a big junction just 150-200 meters away which is always guarded by 2-3 cops, and everyday around 2-3 PM they stand right infront of the company to catch 2 wheelers for insufficient documents. Do you think they dont notice this ?
Sam, not those poor souls standing in the sun, catching even more hapless people. Try the ACP of that zone.
Old 5th February 2009, 23:13   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Alternatively write to a newspaper - this is the sort of thing they love to publish in their citizens' complaint/city watch pages.

That's a very good idea.. will try it out.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:05   #475
Team-BHP Support

Regarding the company in question, how else do you expect the buses would be able to get onto the main road? Inch their way across the road like we do with our cars?
Trust me, the mess that would result through this would be a lot worse.

It would be nice if they allow some buses to enter the road, followed by a gap, and so on.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:33   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Regarding the company in question, how else do you expect the buses would be able to get onto the main road? Inch their way across the road like we do with our cars?
Trust me, the mess that would result through this would be a lot worse.
Thats what they need to devise. I have seen a number of companies in different cities, but no one does like this or may be I can put in this way " Its a lot better in other places". My point is they should find a way in which their buses can move and the traffic should not gather on both the side of the roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
It would be nice if they allow some buses to enter the road, followed by a gap, and so on.
It never happens. It can happen only if some one forcefully enters into the road and tries to find a way between two buses.

On a lighter side. Just think

20 minutes so many people waiting and wasting their time. Some quality guy can do a lean sigma project on this if he can come out with a solution which helps both the sides .. Ha hahahaha

Dont you think this is a good idea.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:49   #477
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just want to know if this is correct ? How can a corporate cause a two way traffic jam for 15-20 minutes both ways. Do the private security guards have authority to control the traffic on the road and ordinary people have to listen to them.
Why single them out! Namma HAL /ITI have been doing this for years. 20 buses are a lot better than 200 vehicles - what say ?
Old 6th February 2009, 16:02   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Some quality guy can do a lean sigma project on this if he can come out with a solution which helps both the sides .. Ha hahahaha
OT: It better be a DFSS and NOT a DMAIC, if at all anyone attempts it. Believe they can get their pending certification on the same
Old 6th February 2009, 23:55   #479
Team-BHP Support

Sam_boy, as Ajmat has mentioned, this is how others as well also go ahead with having their vehicles enter onto the road.

Perhaps you havent been to Electronic City in the mornings and evenings. A certain Indian IT company also has the whole world waiting while their buses spill onto the roads or even as they enter the bus parking area.

While waiting in my car, I also sit and fume... but come to think of it, how else will the buses be able to enter onto the road? Surely, they cant fly?!
Old 7th February 2009, 11:30   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Why single them out! Namma HAL /ITI have been doing this for years. 20 buses are a lot better than 200 vehicles - what say ?

Ahh tell me about it have experienced some bad jam thanks to these morons!
afternoon 2;30- 3:30 avoid taking airport road, between old air port juction and HAL police station....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks