Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2013, 10:24   #5131
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Forum value mall to Dommasandra comes under my daily route. Avoid it on Sunday as there will be the Sunday market on Varthur and the situation will be chaotic. No issues if you are travelling on Saturday. There are some potholes between Varthur and Gunjur, otherwise the road is good.

Rohanjf can update you the condition beyond Dommasandra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are planning early morning, then no issues. Else the weekend markets at Varthur can slow you down.
Thanks for the quick inputs, Vinay and Ampere. I am planning to start by 6 AM from Vignan nagar on a Friday that is a holiday on account of Kannada rajyotsava. So I presume there would not be too many issues? Trying to avoid the regular Silkboard-Attibele route fearing heavy traffic and subsequent pile up on tollgates that day morning, being the start of an extended weekend.
Old 24th October 2013, 10:36   #5132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Thanks for the quick inputs, Vinay and Ampere. I am planning to start by 6 AM from Vignan nagar on a Friday that is a holiday on account of Kannada rajyotsava. So I presume there would not be too many issues? Trying to avoid the regular Silkboard-Attibele route fearing heavy traffic and subsequent pile up on tollgates that day morning, being the start of an extended weekend.
I think it should just work fine.

- Sarjapur bypass is a mud road. So take care.
- The option through the town is good, but the road is very narrow, there exist possibilities for getting stuck.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 10:47   #5133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it should just work fine.

- Sarjapur bypass is a mud road. So take care.
- The option through the town is good, but the road is very narrow, there exist possibilities for getting stuck.
Where does the byepass start and how does it go? Could not see anything in gmaps. The two options I see is
1. http://goo.gl/maps/stWQ7

2. http://goo.gl/maps/5jLXM

Please suggest.
Old 24th October 2013, 10:54   #5134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Where does the byepass start and how does it go? Could not see anything in gmaps. The two options I see is

Please suggest.
Second one is the bypass which is a mud road. The first one the road through the time and the one which is very narrow. Early morning it should be OK to take a chance. Big buses/truck dont go via town.

By the way the bypass is all but about a km or lesser
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 10:55   #5135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The Madiwala underpass: Well, more you talk about it, more it gets on my nerves. I have been taking this route since 2008 and after the underpass became functional and nothing has changed. Fridays towards the city are worst as the area after the underpass becomes a " Private Bus Stand" for all the KL bound buses.
Yes, I remember reading about it at that time. Its a totally worthless underpass - surely this "infrastructure" work was just taken up to just to line the pockets of someone in the BBMP. And the whole section till the signal was "concreted" just so that private buses can make it hell in the evenings. I mean, wasn't there some notification years back that the private buses cannot pick up customers from Madiwala? IIRC, it was because of this that KPN does not bring its buses through this route and picks up people from Bommanahalli.

And Friday nights are nightmarish - its full of these private buses.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:19   #5136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please suggest.
Quote:
Second one is the bypass which is a mud road. The first one the road through the time and the one which is very narrow. Early morning it should be OK to take a chance. Big buses/truck dont go via town.

By the way the bypass is all but about a km or lesser
I have passed through Sarjapur town twice at 5:40 AM and 5:15 AM and did not encounter any traffic there. The narrow road is just 200 mts. Took the same route on Oct 13th in the reverse direction and encountered 2 vehicles in opposite lane but could manage. I also noticed vehicles taking the so called by pass which is a mud road. I don't think it is too long.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 11:28   #5137
Senior - BHPian

@ sandsun7, relax and take the Varthur-Gunjur-Dommasandra-Sarjapur stretch man. At 6 AM, you will only see tippers on the road. The empty ones are very very fast, and fully loaded ones are very very slow.

As mentioned by Ampere, you will get many speedbreakers on the way. To be precise, 19 from Varthur to Sarjapur (excluding almost flat rumblers on Varthur lake stretch and one after Varthur). However, more than the speedbreakers, I would ask you to worry about deep potholes. They appear small from outside, so don't be tricked. There are many such potholes when you drive through Gunjur. Then there is one really deep one in front of Greenwood High.

Varthur market will not start before 11 AM, so that won't be a concern for you.

As far as the pathetic stretch in Sarjapur is concerned, I think Punto MJD can easily take it. I usually put my Palio MJD on 2nd gear and let it roll for that stretch of about 1.5 KM. Takes 5 minutes or so.

Before 8 AM, you can also drive through narrow road of Sarjapur town. But if you are late, I'd ask you to avoid that, as there would be processions of school kids. One of my elderly neighbours had a heart attack on August 15th, and his son-in-law tried to take him by car to Sarjapur hospital. Unfortunately, the road was blocked by children, and the apathetic locals told my neighbour to go back so the procession could continue. This guy had to reverse the car all the way (because the road is too narrow for U turn), and then go to Narayana Hrudayalaya. Fortunately, it was not too late for the old man.

Last edited by rohanjf : 24th October 2013 at 11:30.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 11:33   #5138
Senior - BHPian

Looks like properties are being demolished and acquired for widening Siddhapura/Nallurhalli road connecting EPIP to Whitefield main road. This can ease lot of congestion in these areas.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:44   #5139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Looks like properties are being demolished and acquired for widening Siddhapura/Nallurhalli road connecting EPIP to Whitefield main road. This can ease lot of congestion in these areas.
Is this the one starting near Vydehi hosipital and joining near the Shell Petrol pump on the Varthur road?
Old 24th October 2013, 21:18   #5140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Is this the one starting near Vydehi hosipital and joining near the Shell Petrol pump on the Varthur road?
This should have been planned an executed when ITPL was being constructed or when EPIP was formed way back in 1998 -2000. Cant imagine this large an EPIP zone having just one decent entry/exit route.
Old 25th October 2013, 08:13   #5141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I have been using this stretch instead of Borewell road since last 3 days. Borewell road has many school buses that stop wherever they want, sometimes on both sides of the road, blocking all traffic.

Since I had observed lot of mud dumped on one side of this Siddapura-Nallurahalli stretch, I decided to check out what's going on today, after seeing your post yesterday.

Nope, they aren't widening the road. The mud is flattened only on two small stretches. If you notice closely, they have dug a long moat on the other side. Most probably, they are laying some water pipes. Long time ago, I have observed that such pipes used to be on the side of the road.
Old 25th October 2013, 08:58   #5142
Senior - BHPian

I don't think so. The compound walls of some palatial homes and farms on this stretch have been demolished and rebuilt approx 10ft inwards.
Old 25th October 2013, 11:09   #5143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
IMHO, Bangy traffic is far more disciplined than chennai....

+1 to that. People in Chennai are less tolerant towards signal when compared to Bangalore. They look at you like you are an idiot when you stop at a red light even if the road ahead is totally free.

Not sure what they are going to achieve in that extra 30 odd seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
And two wheelers feel they are in wonderla everyday...going in all possible directions... that too without helmets... (IDIOTS)

Lets not talk abt the traffic.... Its going to rain at night...so god knows whats in store for me on my way back.
While coming in the Cubbon park road today, a two wheeler was constantly honking and flashing to get past me and when he finally got ahead at a signal, he started to browse through his phone even after the signal turned green. If he wanted to do that, why do all the drama to go ahead in the first place?

Honestly, the only thing that helps me keep my cool is the LCLC sticker stuck on my car. It says to me, "You don't have to be an idiot, just because the other guy is."
Old 25th October 2013, 12:11   #5144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post

"You don't have to be an idiot, just because the other guy is."
Totally agree with you

Message to all who lose their cool - Never get angry again, welcome your enemy as your friend with a smile & even if possible laugh your way through the drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1383263_646493678705169_474626706_n.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-images.jpg  

Old 26th October 2013, 07:55   #5145
BHPian

I have been observing that the narrower the road, the smaller the brain of the motorist . Harlur road is a perfect example. When the road is wider, everyone will follow each other in proper order. The minute they reach the village area with narrow roads, all sorts of overtaking manoeuvres are tried leading to an immediate traffic jam. Then, everyone will honk like crazy for the other person to move an inch. Now, please note that this stretch potentially has a high IT worker crowd and one would assume that they are fairly educated and have a logical mind. It's downright shameful when you see a 12 Lakh sedan standing in the oncoming lane blocking traffic and the guy doesn't even look like he's doing a mistake. We could put 200 ft roads for all I care but we will never get out of traffic hams with sad behaviour like this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks