Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:34   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikayil View Post
I have driven in all the cities like HYD, Chennai, Coimbatore, Kochi, TVM & Bangalore. But I have never come across such STUPID driving any where else except Bangalore.

Imagine the mirrors of a car stopped at the signal for over 30 sec's was cracked by a motorcyclist who wants to squeeze to the front and a scooter hitting and damaging the rear / side of the car which is waiting at the signal.

These guys ride as if they care nothing & in this traffic the poor car guy cant even get out to see the damage . . . honking starts on to irritate the entire nature.
I like the way you have posted your message here, it is better to think before putting such kind of messages.

How many times as your mirrors broken, has it happened everytime you have stopped at the signal ?????

Please think before putting such messages.
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:56   #512
Senior - BHPian

Malikayil, Yes patience is not there anymore cause bangalore has drivers/riders from all over the country and along with good we have got bad drivers/riders..so it has added up to the bad nos which already existed in this city...

ANy other city will face the same fate as this city did and all other growing cities has almost the same issues...

Quote:
I have driven in all the cities like HYD, Chennai, Coimbatore, Kochi, TVM & Bangalore. But I have never come across such STUPID driving any where else except Bangalore.

Imagine the mirrors of a car stopped at the signal for over 30 sec's was cracked by a motorcyclist who wants to squeeze to the front and a scooter hitting and damaging the rear / side of the car which is waiting at the signal.

These guys ride as if they care nothing & in this traffic the poor car guy cant even get out to see the damage . . . honking starts on to irritate the entire nature.

Last edited by lohithrao : 23rd March 2009 at 16:57.
Old 24th March 2009, 13:10   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Today I saw a traffic police guy neatly doing his duty and posting the fine notice on the few MERU taxis and some personal cars which are parked infront of the Reliance fresh ( next to staples and infront of Innovative Multiplex) in Outer Ring road. He did not speak to any of the Taxi wallahs and what I felt he refused to take money from the guys who parked their cars there. I liked this cop and the way he carried his work .... There is always a problem in the road with vehicles parked on both sides of the service road.
Fine he may be doing his job, great to have such cops. But parking place is never thought off when somebody pick up a commercial real estate. I work in Brigade road, I have park my car in Commercial street, opposite Army school. or else in Church street, where you have all the chances to get bruised. Actually Cars may be a misfit in India, more so in Bangalore kind of city.

Wait for 10 Lakh Nanos.....
Old 24th March 2009, 13:23   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Malikayil, Yes patience is not there anymore cause bangalore has drivers/riders from all over the country and along with good we have got bad drivers/riders..so it has added up to the bad nos which already existed in this city...

ANy other city will face the same fate as this city did and all other growing cities has almost the same issues...

one question, why doe Delhi not have these issues? sure there are the odd congested areas, but on the whole you will not see such kind of moronic behavious and wrong side driving.

Answer- Police is very strict and people on the whole, despite outward bravado, are shyt scared of cops.

Also, teh city is growing in a very well planned manner. something a lot of cities in the country can learn from.
Old 24th March 2009, 14:11   #515
BHPian

Quote:

Dude, get your facts right. I have been to chennai, and the vehicle in which we were travelling almost killed 2 guys and not to mention he almost killed us atleast 4 times, in a span of just 4 hrs time.

Moreover, bengaluru has got the most number of two wheelers in any of the cities ever.

Anyways, why am I even bothering to justify, GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT please, its not like it doesnot happen anywhere else, happens everywhere in india dude, wake up, WAKE UP !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
one question, why doe Delhi not have these issues? sure there are the odd congested areas, but on the whole you will not see such kind of moronic behavious and wrong side driving.

Answer- Police is very strict and people on the whole, despite outward bravado, are shyt scared of cops.

Also, teh city is growing in a very well planned manner. something a lot of cities in the country can learn from.
There was too much influx into bengaluru, and a pensioners paradise turned into a concrete jungle. The city never needed planning boss, it was never meant to be this big. But now the city is in doldrums because of the sudden influx.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th March 2009 at 14:38. Reason: see note in post
Old 24th March 2009, 14:28   #516
Senior - BHPian

Himanshu, yes you are right. as i have mentioned in my earlier post(#507)
that cops need to be given more power and have more of them monitoring the traffic....also by penalizing heavily this will make people come on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

Old 24th March 2009, 15:37   #517
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajsh View Post
Moreover, bengaluru has got the most number of two wheelers in any of the cities ever.
That would be Pune. Unless there was a new survey i am not aware of.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:44   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The two wheelers of Bangalore follow Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. Their position and momentum both can not have precise values simultaneously. Thus, effectively, for all practical purposes, they appear to be much larger in number than the actual numbers.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:47   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Oh is it, well, I have got to update my GK
Old 24th March 2009, 16:18   #520
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Traffic cops to blame

This is purely my observation based on driving in Bangalore and chennai.

I think the traffic cops have the same powers everywhere. What is see in bangalore is total lack of enforcement.

Even in chennai, people occassionaly drive on wrong side of the road, jump traffic lights, etc...BUT NEVER when a cop is around. I have seen many times cops forcing people to go back when they even stop ahead of the stop-line.

In bangalore, you are free to do what you like even if there are 4-5 cops at one signal ( check the bellandur junction in the evenings for a sample ). Its utter chaos with every cab/water tanker guy happily driving whereever they feel like..doesnt matter if its wrong side, one-way, blocking other's right of way..anything. These guys dont mind the cops and the cops dont mind them.
Old 24th March 2009, 16:54   #521
BHPian

i have lived in bangalore for last four years and have been visiting it a lot before that (for rock concerts) since 2002. I have also lived for 7 years in pune, 15 years in bombay, 2 years in hyderabad, 1 year in chennai, 2 years in delhi. Besides this I keep travelling a lot to all of the cities mentioned above. Now that my background is clear i will make the following statements

1) I would say delhi is great in terms of traffic, some congested areas, but overall there are a lot of parallel roads that can get you to where you want. And yes the strict 'thullas' make things better
2) Hyderabad was a good place to drive and had some issues when they started growing but things have vastly improved since they expanded their roads and made all those flyovers
3) bombay - is most number of vehicles on road, but people are disciplined and that keeps things in control
4) chennai is crowded and things seem to be going out of control
5) pune - has the most 2 wheelers, but people are not irritated and impatient, bad traffic in the peths but otherwise its ok
6) bangalore gets the award for the worst city in terms of traffic, impatient irritated drivers, worst 2 wheeler drivers ever (record for most offroading bikers on pavements), craziest call center cabbies, worst road planning ever (growing one ways to solve traffic and even a flyover on mission road with a traffic signal on top)

And no i will not take the excuse that bangy grew like hell - if it grew so did the money influx grow (road tax, etc). Places like bombay grew in the past and recently pune and hyd have grown at crazy paces, but they were quick and got things into control.
I am sure the bangy traffic system could be planned much better, cops could be more stricter and most importantly drivers more rule abiding and patient.
No one is perfect, but if we all made that little effort to drive patiently and follow rules, I think bangy will be a much better place to drive

I am sure some people might disagree with my statements, i am ok with that- everyone has their own experiences and views and thats what makes this thread interesting!!
Old 24th March 2009, 19:08   #522

Quote:
I am sure the bangy traffic system could be planned much better, cops could be more stricter and most importantly drivers more rule abiding and patient.
No one is perfect, but if we all made that little effort to drive patiently and follow rules, I think bangy will be a much better place to drive

I am sure some people might disagree with my statements, i am ok with that- everyone has their own experiences and views and thats what makes this thread interesting!!
If you give award to Bangalore, most of them agree anyway. If you have to award a main reason for such a horrible traffic, I think it should go to complete mismanagement of traffic. If you see BBMP starting a work somewhere and assuring public to finish it in a week (which actually can be done in a night) still it will take 2 months, believe me that's the fact. A small drain needed to be covered in front of Pizza Hut in Koramangala block 6, it is for last 1 month I can see covering half of the road generating hell of a traffic every day.

You know what most IT and BPO companies are responsible for bringing in the traffic, but do not pay any tax, money comes into the system but not to the authorities. This is my POV, may be correct may be not.

IT companies raised this issue of infrastructure long back, nothing happened though.

Last edited by F50 : 24th March 2009 at 19:16.
Old 24th March 2009, 21:46   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
The two wheelers of Bangalore follow Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. Their position and momentum both can not have precise values simultaneously. Thus, effectively, for all practical purposes, they appear to be much larger in number than the actual numbers.
haha..thats funny!!! Good one, Amitoj.
Its been almost 3 years since my last visit to B'lore. I'm looking forward to my next trip, but the thought of dealing with the traffic there sure scares the hell out of me.
The last thing I'd want is to have some moron scratch my car, and then get into a fight.All the more, as its really tough to keep your cool when you deal with congenital idiots!
Old 24th March 2009, 22:24   #524
BANNED

Today I was witness to something that can only happen in Bangalore.

20:00 today @ WindTunnel - NAL Junction on HAL Airport Road.

Folks knowing this place can understand how narrow Windtunnel Road is and the madness that ensues once the signal goes green for vehicles coming out on to the Airport Road from this street.

There are no lanes marked and once the signal goes green its a free for all. Cabs and Autorickshaw drivers blatantly crowd the whole road blocking any entrance into this street.

When the signal goes red the whole road is blocked and folks entering into Windtunnel road from Airport road have no where to go.

I was on the leftmost lane, a Santro on my right and a cab comes and blocks the way of the incoming lane after the traffic has started moving and they are blocked by this fool.

Luckily there is a cop there and he asks the cab driver to turn left and go the opposite way he wanted to go to free up the traffic. What happens next is like i said possible only in Bangalore.

The cab driver refuses and does not even get off the car. The traffic policeman asks him to get off he locks the doors. Insensed by this he starts shouting at the driver to get his vehicle moving. The driver does not bother. Seeing this 2 more constables join in from the opposite side and start arguing with the driver who is not ready to move.

The cop realises he is waiting for the signal to go green and stands infront of the cab. Now what happens next takes the cake.

The cab driver gets off, hands the keys to the cop and in a very rude tone tells the cop. "Take the keys and move the car yourself and starts dialling a number on his mobile."

The cop gets in and moves the cab as soon as the signal goes green. I too drive off and not sure what happened next.

Man if this cab driver was in Delhi or Mumbai. He and his next seven generations could have peed in their pants if they had seen a cop 20 kms away.

Now i have seen everything and i should give it to the city.

Last edited by Spitfire : 24th March 2009 at 22:28.
Old 24th March 2009, 23:06   #525
BHPian

Quote:
What happens next is like i said possible only in Bangalore.
At Bangalore - in many instances, the traffic police folks are not aware of the rules. Or they just don't want to show that there are any traffic rules. Whoever does a mistake, if the police gets money, they are happy and will support that person.

The violators should be punished heavily. But, the police in Bangalore will normally leave you free if you are bit rude to them. That is, if they feel that you know the rules well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks