Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2013, 15:58   #5281
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I see that you met a bald and cunning looking guy. Is he someone from BBMP ? His smile makes my blood boil. Such a cunning and wicked face he has. I am sure he would have made multiple promises which would turn out fake. The solution to eradicating these kind of people is to file murder cases against them.
Quote:
Red Tape is the easiest answer/helplessness, a corrupt fellow can give. :mad
For me he looks like a normal middle-aged guy who has lost his hair. From his face, I can't make out whether he is corrupt or not . Also from the news links, I cannot make out if he is indeed the actual person responsible for bad roads.
Old 9th December 2013, 17:34   #5282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
For me he looks like a normal middle-aged guy who has lost his hair. From his face, I can't make out whether he is corrupt or not . Also from the news links, I cannot make out if he is indeed the actual person responsible for bad roads.
Agree with the middle aged funda. But strongly disagree that he may not be corrupt. He must been filled with filth and corruption. Had it been otherwise, he would have been in news stating that he is acting against the red tapes and has been transferred or has life threats, etc etc.
Where there is truth, there is fight (read: loud noise)

Since he is nowhere in the news for the above reasons, I am more than sure that he has greased the hands of politicos very well, so that he and the politicos can share the booty of the tax payer's money.

No news article would ever say that the BBMP Joint Commissioner has not approved for repair of roads. So for the layman, it is evident that he is one poor soul who is trapped within the govt tangles.
For me, I try to see the bigger picture. He has the control over the contractors. Why can't he bash up the contractors, cancel their licenses, fine them for delays, etc ? But he can't, because if he does so, his pandora's box would open up too !!

Its all a very big chain of corrupt people. Can't just eradicate them. And its not just Bangalore, all over India.

Sometimes, to solve all the mess, I feel like becoming Anil Kapoor of Nayak or Ambe of Aparichit.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 9th December 2013 at 17:36.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 17:53   #5283
Senior - BHPian

Just received this SMS from BTP.
Slow moving traffic on ORR from KR Puram towards Ramamurthy nagar due to road repair work.

I dont know if I should be happy that the road is finally getting the repairs it so needed, or ANGRY that the morons decided to repair the road during peak traffic time. Eitherways, I dont use the road regularly, but thought of posting it here for the benifit of others who may be using it today.
dass is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 17:55   #5284
BHPian

Good show people.
I wanted to join but could not as we had a Doctor's appointment and then Christmas carnival participation for my toddlers.

Next time, I will try to take time out for the just cause.
I wish,somehow things can be overhauled in Bangalore with a magic wand. Taking 2 hrs for a 20 km commute is so depressing.
Old 9th December 2013, 18:00   #5285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Slow moving traffic on ORR from KR Puram towards Ramamurthy nagar due to road repair work.

I dont know if I should be happy that the road is finally getting the repairs it so needed, or ANGRY that the morons decided to repair the road during peak traffic time. Eitherways, I dont use the road regularly, but thought of posting it here for the benifit of others who may be using it today.
Oh yes!! This stretch is a nightmare to drive during peak hours and a very dangerous one for a first timer if he gets carried away thinking the quality is indeed like the outer ring road.

Just today, someone managed to click a snap of this dreaded stretch and post it in Deccan Herald Civic issues section and I am wondering if the authorities who were napping were woken up by this:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-rm-nagar.jpg
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-rm2.jpg

Nevertheless, it is indeed a silver lining that they have started to repair this at least now.

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th December 2013 at 18:04.
Old 9th December 2013, 18:04   #5286
Team-BHP Support

We need comprehensive planning, not improvement in isolated stretches which ultimately only serves to move the chaos to another point on the map, instead of reducing/eliminating it.

Just one example, the flyovers constructed on ORR between Marathahalli and Silk Board junction have just made life worse on certain segments of that stretch. It's a breeze to get till Ecospace/Bellandur, then struggle in traffic for a while, then another zip till a bit before Silkboard junction, then a nightmare right upto Bannerghatta Road, because there are hardly any alternative routes to crossing BTM layout that aren't already jammed. For someone who lives in BTM, well more patience to you.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 18:14   #5287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
For someone who lives in BTM, well more patience to you.
Well, who can better feel the pain, than me.

Whitefield to HSR Layout - 25 Mins
HSR Layout - BTM 2nd Stage Lake Road - 1.5 Hrs - Priceless

Sometimes, I think of carrying an extra pen drive with some random songs, coz my 16 GB Pen drive gets over by the time I cross Silk Board.
Old 9th December 2013, 18:27   #5288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, who can better feel the pain, than me.

Whitefield to HSR Layout - 25 Mins
HSR Layout - BTM 2nd Stage Lake Road - 1.5 Hrs - Priceless

Sometimes, I think of carrying an extra pen drive with some random songs, coz my 16 GB Pen drive gets over by the time I cross Silk Board.
I've become so frustrated with the BTM layout stretch that I flatly refuse to board the office cab if I'm clubbed with someone on that route. I wouldn't want to drive through Lake Road in evening rush hour if you paid me to do it.
Old 9th December 2013, 21:59   #5289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Oh yes!! This stretch is a nightmare to drive during peak hours and a very dangerous one for a first timer if he gets carried away thinking the quality is indeed like the outer ring road.

Nevertheless, it is indeed a silver lining that they have started to repair this at least now.
I was there at this point between 4-5 this afternoon and they were using a JCB to remove the top layer of the road and dumping it on a tractor which was in the opposite lane . Traffic was slowly increasing , but they cleared out by 5p , surely knowing if they continue, traffic will be a mess. Not sure if they continued later .
Normally I have seen work happening on patching roads happen in the night since I leave office at midnight, and the good news is ITPL to KR Puram is more or less patched up now and ring road from KR Puram was the only stretch left and I am hoping it will be done in a couple of days.

Once they cleared the top layer, there was so much dust and mud, that it looked like a construction site from far with a constant dust cloud in that area.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 23:12   #5290
BHPian

I don't know who awarded manyata tech park " best it park in the country". It's scary to see people struggling to cross the ORR in front of it. It's so frustrating when the security jumps on to the road and stops all the vehicles so that the pedestrians can cross the road. There isn't even a zebra crossing there forget a skywalk. I request bhpians working there to bring this to the managements notice before someone is run over.
Old 9th December 2013, 23:24   #5291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
. I request bhpians working there to bring this to the managements notice before someone is run over.
We've complained countless time to many 'management' personnel there, all we can do is write a letter to voice our concern. We have no idea where the letters are or do they get read. Commuting to office is become a tough task so much that I feel like asking for a raise stating 'stating traffic' as a reason would justify the pain of commute. After office hours that place has more people walking around than a fish market. Cabs, private vehicles, bikes, autos, buses and then the lonely guy trying to make it home in a single piece.
Old 9th December 2013, 23:46   #5292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Few pictures of the Protests which we did in Whitefield and the march to BBMP office on 7th Dec in demand of better roads.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1108856...7638448804413/
Thanks for sharing the flickr link. Besides those pictures, I also uploaded a video where you can see the DC sharing his views and the same being translated to English. We can only hope something changes somewhere, somehow

ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 00:58   #5293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
I don't know who awarded manyata tech park " best it park in the country". It's scary to see people struggling to cross the ORR in front of it.
Not sure if Ecospace has won the best tech park award, but Manyata cannot be worse than ecospace. Picture this, just before the start of Bellandur flyover, the road is 12 lanes (yes 12, 6 ORR, 4 service lane & 2 bus bay lane between the flyover).

The bus stops on the 3rd lane or sometimes on the 6th lane to go into the bus bay. There isn't a bus stop - bus stops wherever few folks have gathered & perched on 6 inch wide curb. So people who have to catch bus sometimes run across to 3rd lane or sometimes to 6th lane.

If somebody wants to catch the bus from opposite side, they have to do cross 10 lanes to get to other side where bus stops.

This isn't all. Since service lanes open into ORR, vehicles from ORR want to get into service lane, people in service lane want to get onto ORR. Few folks want to get into Ecospace & rest of them want to get out of Ecospace.

So far nothing untoward has happened.
msdivy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 01:03   #5294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not sure if Ecospace has won the best tech park award, but Manyata cannot be worse than ecospace. Picture this, just before the start of Bellandur flyover, the road is 12 lanes (yes 12, 6 ORR, 4 service lane & 2 bus bay lane between the flyover).

The bus stops on the 3rd lane or sometimes on the 6th lane to go into the bus bay. There isn't a bus stop - bus stops wherever few folks have gathered & perched on 6 inch wide curb. So people who have to catch bus sometimes run across to 3rd lane or sometimes to 6th lane.

If somebody wants to catch the bus from opposite side, they have to do cross 10 lanes to get to other side where bus stops.

This isn't all. Since service lanes open into ORR, vehicles from ORR want to get into service lane, people in service lane want to get onto ORR. Few folks want to get into Ecospace & rest of them want to get out of Ecospace.

So far nothing untoward has happened.
I've forgotten the number of near-misses I see daily on this little stretch of roadway hell. It's a miracle nobody has been run over or caused a pile-up yet

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th December 2013 at 01:14.
Old 10th December 2013, 01:14   #5295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if Ecospace has won the best tech park award, but Manyata cannot be worse than ecospace.
I work out of Ecospace, and I can certify that returning home everyday in one piece is a miracle in itself.
The traffic inside Ecospace is nothing better. Absolute confusion and chaos almost during the entire day. Multiple cuts in the median makes life worse for people going straight to Pritech Tech Park, within Ecospace.
company buses , vendor vehicles, autos, taxis, employee vehicles. Absolute chaos within Ecospace. Adding salt to the wound, the road inside is just 4 laned, 2 on each side of the median.

Most Viewed