Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2009, 14:59   #541
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajsh View Post
ok, now let us see how much of the ranting is converted into action now, I will keep a close look on this thread now.
About a year back, i followed this up - Traffic Warden.

They rejected saying my Kannada needs to improve??? I didnt know why it is required.

When are you enrolling? I will be waiting to see you join in.
Old 26th March 2009, 15:00   #542
Senior - BHPian

Arre yaar what is the use of putting traffic signals also?

At most of the major intersections that are blessed with traffic lights, the signal is manually controlled by traffic police! Even then, the traffic for which light turns red stops only when traffic from other side barges in. Some poor pedestrians always get caught in the middle of all this drama.

I cant help but be bemused at the state of matters here. Traffic lights that can re-time themselves based on traffic flow have been in existence for almost a decade now, and yet, we have the traffic police here operating these manually, instead of enforcing simple traffic rules like not jumping traffic light or crossing the white line.
Old 26th March 2009, 15:04   #543
Senior - BHPian

mjothi, very true. the moment road gets good people think its a hiway and speed. very risky!

On the speed breakers, soon after the Volvo accident on airport road we saw few speed breakers come up..
Old 26th March 2009, 15:06   #544
BHPian

why not form a group of our own ? team bhp group and say man all busy traffic signals on a rotational basis, through out bangalore and also bring about awareness among the people ? I know it is of tall order, what with the attitude of us 'chalta hain' indians ?

This will also be our bit towards the betterment of society in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
About a year back, i followed this up - Traffic Warden.

They rejected saying my Kannada needs to improve??? I didnt know why it is required.

When are you enrolling? I will be waiting to see you join in.
what exactly is a 'traffic warden' ?

I want to create awareness amongst the road users, not manage traffic , please define this traffic warden thing for me, what does it involve ?

Last edited by ajmat : 26th March 2009 at 19:04.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:25   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
About a year back, i followed this up - Traffic Warden. They rejected saying my Kannada needs to improve??? I didnt know why it is required. When are you enrolling? I will be waiting to see you join in.
Traffic Warden and local language have nothing in common in fact. TW is helping/assisting the smooth traffic flow, not delivering educational lectures. Bangalore Addition chief of traffic warden is my club member, I can ask him details if you want to clarify. He was also awarded the first 'best traffic warden'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
mjothi, very true. the moment road gets good people think its a hiway and speed. very risky!
On the speed breakers, soon after the Volvo accident on airport road we saw few speed breakers come up..
Not always true. New BEL road has been widened and tarred and its now a very smooth stretch of 5 kms from Dr.Kuvembu circle (outer ring road) till the sadashivanagar police station. Before the improvement we had only 3 speed breakers and a single signal (Ramaiah juction) in this entire stretch (until 6 months back !!). But now, let me breath..., there are 5 speed breakers and 4 signals (not counting the Kuvembu signal and sadashivnagar signal) and the cops are searching for new places to put up more signals !! The difference is, early we used to cover this 5 kms in flat 10 mts, now if you are lucky you can finish it in 20 mts (if you get green at all signals !) otherwise it takes 30 mts or more

New Airpot road, I found only a single speed breaker in the entire Hebbal flyover to the trumpet flyover (almost 24 kms stretch) ! Did they add more in the last 5 days ?

Last edited by shajufx : 26th March 2009 at 16:30.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:34   #546
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Traffic Warden and local language have nothing in common in fact. TW is helping/assisting the smooth traffic flow, not delivering educational lectures. Bangalore Addition chief of traffic warden is my club member, I can ask him details if you want to clarify. He was also awarded the first 'best traffic warden'.
Excellent!!

Please do and put it up here. Maybe Gajsh and i will go together for it.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:37   #547
Team-BHP Support

I just wish there was something like that in Hyderabad.

@shajufx: is your friend's name Anil by any chance.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:41   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent!!

Anything to stop the mindless ranting going on mate, anything.

anyway, can somebody please describe what this traffic warden thing is ?
Old 26th March 2009, 16:54   #549
Senior - BHPian

Shaju i was talking abut the "old" airport road

Also its "Kuvempu" circle.

Quote:

Not always true. New BEL road has been widened and tarred and its now a very smooth stretch of 5 kms from Dr.Kuvembu circle (outer ring road) till the sadashivanagar police station. Before the improvement we had only 3 speed breakers and a single signal (Ramaiah juction) in this entire stretch (until 6 months back !!). But now, let me breath..., there are 5 speed breakers and 4 signals (not counting the Kuvembu signal and sadashivnagar signal) and the cops are searching for new places to put up more signals !! The difference is, early we used to cover this 5 kms in flat 10 mts, now if you are lucky you can finish it in 20 mts (if you get green at all signals !) otherwise it takes 30 mts or more

New Airpot road, I found only a single speed breaker in the entire Hebbal flyover to the trumpet flyover (almost 24 kms stretch) ! Did they add more in the last 5 days ?
Old 26th March 2009, 17:12   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what exactly is a 'traffic warden' ??
You can find all the info here Bangalore City Traffic Police - Traffic Warden Organisation (T.W.O)

Quote:
Excellent!!
Yes the language stuff is a latest obstacle as my information is updated on phone right now. My friend says, the TW admin have gone through lot of changes and politics has influenced lot of things in it. According to him, its now a division without any powers and its deteriorating day by day. Its also a helpless, powerless and easy-going attitude in the whole of traffic dept itself. So, he has already moved to Civil Defense & Home Guards. And promised to accept anyone from our team-bhp without any barrier !If anyone wants to know a bit about what a home guard can do in the city check Home guards to make roads safer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@shajufx: is your friend's name Anil by any chance.
No buddy, its one Mr.Sxxxx Babu. He has done a ton of things for the bangalore city traffic most of them being the 'first of its kind' in the state. Very frankly, present situation sounds like a 'given up' stage by many in the authority ! Thats shocking. Think about the number of new vehicles that come on road each day ?!! Now we have around 33 laks vehicles within Bangalore city alone. I cant think about another 50,000 or more Nanos coming to the roads in few months !!

Lets think about something collectively, there is no other way out !

Last edited by shajufx : 26th March 2009 at 17:22.
Old 26th March 2009, 17:20   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No buddy, its one Mr.Sxxxx Babu. He has done a ton of things for the bangalore city traffic most of them being the 'first of its kind' in the state. Very frankly, present situation sounds like a 'given up' stage by many in the authority ! Thats shocking. Think about the number of new vehicles that come on road each day ?!! Now we have around 33 laks vehicles within Bangalore city alone. I cant think about another 50,000 or more Nanos coming to the roads in few months !!

...nanos will surely will do more harm to the already congested city roads:(
Old 26th March 2009, 17:24   #552
BANNED

Quote:
You can find all the info here Bangalore City Traffic Police - Traffic Warden Organisation (T.W.O)

Yes the language stuff is a latest obstacle as my information is updated on phone right now.
What an irony. The chest thumping "localites" didnt even bother. Whereas me a rank "outsider" spend 2 days of my precious time trying to find out how to become a traffic warden and was turned down.

Quote:
I am all for any ideas.
Old 26th March 2009, 17:51   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shaju i was talking abut the "old" airport road
Also its "Kuvempu" circle.
Thanks for the correction.
Quote:
...nanos will surely do more harm to the already congested city roads:(
Worst situation is if all the bikers and cyclists move to Nano. You can expect a lot of 'L' plated Nanos for sure. The title of "two wheeler city of asia" will change to "Nano city of Asia". I am already checking for a decent bicycle. Sad part is, I cant pedal my 90kg wifee around the city on a bicycle ! And what if my wifee, mum and kid too opt to have individual cycles to move around ? That will be an average of 4 cycles in a house. How do we help the traffic ? It will be a disaster than a solution !

Quote:
What an irony. The chest thumping "localites" didnt even bother. Whereas me a rank "outsider" spend 2 days of my precious time trying to find out how to become a traffic warden and was turned down. I am all for any ideas.
Dont worry, every DOG has a day !!
Old 26th March 2009, 19:29   #554
Senior - BHPian

Any city, regardless of the country or district, doesnt survive without good human beings around ! Every city has its own good and bad part too. There is nothing anyone can do about certain things, that are beyond control. What you can do about your city ? Do you take any efforts to do any good to the place you live in ? If you can answer that well, yes, there is some point talking about things here. Otherwise its either an offence or a complaint that sound like a broken record. Life doesnt end there.

Professionaly I get only weekends to do something for the society/city/people around ! I am taking the maximum possible ways to interact with the city through my club and my connections (much bigger than some of you can imagine !!). Its with a big ZERO reward and recognition, but its something that I will cherish till I die. My signature is always the same everywhere as marked below.

Bangalore lacks the 'consideration for others', 'respect for others', road sense, citizen responsibility, that were seen upto few years back. Now what you see on the road is just a reflection of all that. So, before it gets totally out of hand, its better to do something. Individual efforts are the 'trend setting' things that can succeed, nothing else ! If everyone can contribute something to it, it becomes a successful attempt.

Last edited by shajufx : 26th March 2009 at 19:33.
Old 26th March 2009, 19:38   #555
BANNED

I was sick of reading the rants in this thread - so I changed my office timings: I leave for office at 11:30AM and leave office at 8:30PM. Result - my travel time cut down by 50%. Hardly any traffic on roads. I guess when all ranters (who are the cause of somebody else's rants) are busy scribbling here, I am on road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Anyone noticed, off late Bangalore traffic seems to be so damn sparce.
The place name in the thread title can be replaced by any city in India and still people would relate to this thread. Hence, to respect the sentiments of native residents of the city, I suggest the place to be dropped from thread title and replaced by 'Indian traffic'.
Quote:
Anything to stop the mindless ranting going on mate, anything.
Quote:
Why should a city be discussed individually on a forum like this.

Most Viewed