Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2014, 14:54   #5671
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
All these rants have made me think - where does Bengaluru rank in comparison to Delhi in terms of private vehicle density? Surely it must be a neck-neck race!
In terms of 2 wheeler population, i think bangalore outshines most of the indian cities.
Old 7th March 2014, 16:03   #5672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Question: what do you do in such cases? even if you have evidence, witnesses to support your story about a cop misbehaving, I seriously doubt that the police will take it seriously!
Post the details (and pics if you have) at BTP page in Facebook. They will look into it & take necessary action.
Old 7th March 2014, 16:29   #5673
BHPian

Most of the two-wheeler people breaking rules, coming-up the wrong way, etc are of the IT crowd. Why is it so? Dont these people have basic ethics?

They scratch your vehicle (try to squeeze between two vehicles), politely say sorry (at times) and then take-off knowing pretty well that they'd get into trouble if they stop.
Old 7th March 2014, 18:23   #5674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Most of the two-wheeler people breaking rules, coming-up the wrong way, etc are of the IT crowd. Why is it so? Dont these people have basic ethics?

They scratch your vehicle (try to squeeze between two vehicles), politely say sorry (at times) and then take-off knowing pretty well that they'd get into trouble if they stop.
We do have non IT folks coming in the wrong direction too. See the situation in the mornings when there is no signal. Cabs, newspaperwalas, autos, bikes and cars all come in the wrong side of the one way road and at a fairly high speed.
In fact during the early morning times, if one has to cross the road even if it is an one way road, he/she has to look at both the directions sideways before crossing the road.
Old 7th March 2014, 18:56   #5675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Maintain close gaps between vehicles so as to prevent these 2 wheeler morons from squeezing in. Worst part being they stare at us as if we are denying permission to them to go. ENNA LOOK!!!!!!!!
I actually let them go through. As it is the pile-ups at our signals are terrible; we don't want to extend them by forcing even bikers to occupy demarcated road space, do we?
Old 7th March 2014, 22:32   #5676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post

I don't agree with your statement. I see rules being broken by all and not by one particular group of people. As far as I see, no one on Bangalore's road has patience to wait for just couple of minutes for that matter in entire India.

Today I encountered a road rage near Alpine Eco apartment while I was going towards ITPL, where in the traffic was piling up near the outer ring road and vehicles coming from ITPL were on the wrong direction and trying to get to the front. There was a Maruti 800 in front of me and there was a Santro blocking Maruti 800's way and both the car drivers were in confrontation. It was Santro guys fault. Can't he wait for couple of minutes for the traffic jam to ease. We behave like this when we have our kids in our car. Are we not teaching bad things to them. The other day I encountered a person in a Ford Figo near the graphite India signal. He did not have the patience to wait until the signal turns green. He was continuously honking but I did not budge, I signaled him that I will wait until the signal turns green and he was furious. Common guys what the hell is happening to us.

When we travel abroad and where the traffic rules are strict, we behave as if we are very good humans, wait for the signal to turn green, wait for the pedestrians to cross the roads. But when we are back in India, we behave typically like an uneducated person. I don't see the situation improving in Bangalore or anywhere in India. It'll get worse.
Old 7th March 2014, 23:39   #5677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
When we travel abroad and where the traffic rules are strict, we behave as if we are very good humans, wait for the signal to turn green, wait for the pedestrians to cross the roads. But when we are back in India, we behave typically like an uneducated person. I don't see the situation improving in Bangalore or anywhere in India. It'll get worse.
Simple logic buddy - No Fear of Law in India.

Sample This:
- Break Signal in India - Rs.100 fine. Better, don't pay up. No one bothers to check back how may fines are due on your vehicle.
- Break Signal Abroad - You are detained. Your license is suspended for a good amount of time. You pay up a hefty fine. And if you don't pay the fine, you are tracked via Social Security Number, and could be arrested too.
If you are an immigrant, you are in more deep trouble.
Old 9th March 2014, 23:53   #5678
BHPian

Yesterday a funny incident happened.

I was waiting at Bysham Circle signal, Sadashiv Nagar, a two-wheeler wanted to squeeze between mine and front vehicle. As he was approaching, I moved my car bit front so that he cannot squeeze-in. So, he happened to stop next to me. I was sarcastically asking him to go ahead squeeze in-between and scratch my car; as he will loose nothing in his life [luckily he did not take it seriously ].

He started arguing with me saying that you (me) have also been a rider once upon a time before owning a car. You also have squeezed between vehicles. Other two-wheelers around were supporting him.

[indirectly he meant, that's hows two-wheelers are meant to ride]

Moral of the story: “The dog’s tail can never be straight!” no matter how much we try!

This is to lighten-up Monday traffic
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-tumblr_mcgtharzgf1rjhgojo1_1280.jpg  

500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 10:20   #5679
BHPian

Massive, massive jam from Graphite India signal right upto Kundhalahalli now. All because of a guy with a Zen fighting with someone else on the side of the road near CMR IT.
Volvo drivers, and other vehicles have started using a lane of the opposite side road to avoid the jam. An inspector has just arrived at the scene.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 11:22   #5680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Yesterday a funny incident happened.

I was waiting at Bysham Circle signal, Sadashiv Nagar, a two-wheeler wanted to squeeze between mine and front vehicle. As he was approaching, I moved my car bit front so that he cannot squeeze-in. So, he happened to stop next to me. I was sarcastically asking him to go ahead squeeze in-between and scratch my car; as he will loose nothing in his life [luckily he did not take it seriously ].

He started arguing with me saying that you (me) have also been a rider once upon a time before owning a car. You also have squeezed between vehicles. Other two-wheelers around were supporting him.

[indirectly he meant, that's hows two-wheelers are meant to ride]

Moral of the story: “The dog’s tail can never be straight!” no matter how much we try!

This is to lighten-up Monday traffic
I too own a 2 wheeler (scooty) and a car. While stuck in a signal in the car, if i happen to see a 2 wheeler guy trying to squeeze in between, i gently move the vehicle forward to reduce the gap.
While riding the scooty, my mentality changes to that of a 2 wheeler guy. The only difference being since i know the limitations of a scooty i dont zoom or trying anything acrobatic. In a signal if i see gap between vehicles, i do squeeze in between. But if the gap as such is less, i dont try any stunts but only wait till the signal turns green.
There have been situations wherein while riding the scooty if i see some gap between vehicles in a signal, i do make an attempt to squeeze in. But if the driver moves the vehicle forward to reduce the gap thereby preventing me from squeezing in between, i just prefer to wait till the signal turns green. No staring at the guy.
Old 10th March 2014, 12:19   #5681
BHPian

The question is, why try to squeeze? why not wait till the signal turns green, like all the other bigger vehicles out there?
Old 10th March 2014, 14:27   #5682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
I don't agree with your statement. I see rules being broken by all and not by one particular group of people. As far as I see, no one on Bangalore's road has patience to wait for just couple of minutes for that matter in entire India.

Today I encountered a road rage near Alpine Eco apartment while I was going towards ITPL, where in the traffic was piling up near the outer ring road and vehicles coming from ITPL were on the wrong direction and trying to get to the front. There was a Maruti 800 in front of me and there was a Santro blocking Maruti 800's way and both the car drivers were in confrontation. It was Santro guys fault. Can't he wait for couple of minutes for the traffic jam to ease. We behave like this when we have our kids in our car. Are we not teaching bad things to them. The other day I encountered a person in a Ford Figo near the graphite India signal. He did not have the patience to wait until the signal turns green. He was continuously honking but I did not budge, I signaled him that I will wait until the signal turns green and he was furious. Common guys what the hell is happening to us.
Yes, it is NOT ONLY the IT crowd, but MOSTLY by the IT crowd. I am in IT too. I think both the examples you qouted involve IT folks?
Old 11th March 2014, 08:31   #5683
BHPian

A mini bus belonging to Sam travels has broken down right in the middle of the road immediately after Agara flyover towards Bellandur. Expect huge jam on Agara flyover if the vehicle is not cleared soon.
Old 11th March 2014, 10:02   #5684
Distinguished - BHPian

Today Bannerghatta road has new tarred black look The left side of median (From Meenakshi Mall towards Bilekahalli) is completely tarred, potholes gone! And before they did so, the have cleared few debris and soil heaps on the road side - opportunities for third/ fourth lane creators!

Seems like Bangalore is in full election mood! And if it rains, surely contractor will be very happy to get another order!
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 10:13   #5685
Senior - BHPian

Traffic police caught our two wheeler yesterday at Anepalya Jn, before Johnson Market. Our bike didn't start at this signal as the plug cable was loose. They noticed and stopped us when we started moving after next signal.

Cops asked for documents. I showed my license but my friend was not carrying docs. Cops became very active and showed me the fine in Blackberry. They particularly showed me "Without Insurance -Rs. 500" and asked to pay upfront. We politely told them that we have valid insurance and as per law, we can submit the docs within two weeks (not sure about this period) and requested for a notice.

They were trying to sell the idea of no insurance and misguide us about the fine but after demanding notice he asked if we can pay at least Rs.100 fine. We agreed and received a bill for it which mentioned "NOT PRODUCE DOCUMENTS"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks