Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2014, 10:35   #5701
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Electric buses launched by BMTC. Great initiative.
Saw a 335E today. But I wonder how they will be able to perform Majestic - ITPL runs all day without a charge in the middile.

Attachment 1218363
Normally the registration number of BMTC buses will be like KA xx F xxxx or KA xx FA xxxx. Here it is KA 02 AD xxxx. Your thoughts on this
Old 12th March 2014, 10:57   #5702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs

Normally the registration number of BMTC buses will be like KA xx F xxxx or KA xx FA xxxx. Here it is KA 02 AD xxxx. Your thoughts on this
This is trial bus and not owned by BMTC

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th March 2014 at 04:43. Reason: Corrected spelling.
Old 12th March 2014, 11:14   #5703
BHPian

Well this was just a sample pic I took off the net. Didn't note down the number of the bus I saw today.
Also, If they aren't owned by BMTC, but still run on BMTC routes, who owns them?
Old 12th March 2014, 12:03   #5704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever
Well this was just a sample pic I took off the net. Didn't note down the number of the bus I saw today.
Also, If they aren't owned by BMTC, but still run on BMTC routes, who owns them?
The manufacturer itself. They gave to BMTC for a period of three months on trial and if BMTC find it worth, they may place order for new buses.

I think it was the same way for Volvo.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th March 2014 at 04:44. Reason: Corrected spelling.
Old 12th March 2014, 12:52   #5705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I think it was the same way for Volvo.
Similar for Mercedes / Bharat Benz w.r.t. KSRTC (and BMTC too?) but don't see any of their trial buses any more.

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th March 2014 at 12:53. Reason: Clarification
Old 12th March 2014, 13:14   #5706
Team-BHP Support

Well, my perfect 'no rear endings' record is finally broken (sort of), and in the most bizarre fashion.

I was standing still in choc-a-bloc traffic in BTM layout, with a moron in an Innova behind me chatting away merrily on the phone. All good till now, until he suddenly decides to rev-test his chariot for reasons best know to him. Still no trouble, until the moron fumbles with his phone and lets the clutch slip and his tin-box lurches forward and bumps me from behind.

I had left a gap out front so didn't bump the guy ahead, but ended up with a couple of small but nasty scratches on the rear bumper. All this, while standing perfectly still.
Old 12th March 2014, 20:44   #5707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Well, my perfect 'no rear endings' record is finally broken (sort of), and in the most bizarre fashion.

I was standing still in choc-a-bloc traffic in BTM layout, with a moron in an Innova behind me chatting away merrily on the phone...
Sorry to hear about that. I had a narrow escape from a similar moron driving a Toyota Fortuner yesterday. The Fortuner and my car were the last to pass St.John's signal, and we were at crawling speeds in the Madiwala underpass. I noticed that the Fortuner driver was leaving an unusually large gap behind the vehicle in front. Since I was parallel to him, I could see the driver too busy fiddling with his phone, that he wasn't looking in front at all.

I was crawling ahead along with the traffic in front, and was a little ahead of the Fortuner. All of a sudden, this 2-ton SUV lurched ahead, probably the driver pressed the A-pedal a little too much. His angle was such that the vehicle was aimed at my C-pillar. The Indicab in front of me moved ahead in the nick of time, so I could move and avoid a rear hit. The Fortuner guy, oblivious to all this, was seen fiddling with the phone.

There was a rental Figo from zoomcars, ahead of the Indica. The driver was busy texting and driving, while the lady in the passenger seat was not wearing the seat belt and too involved in a conversation.
Old 14th March 2014, 10:37   #5708

Yesterday afternoon 4.45pm Nagavara Junction on the newly constructed and opened flyover as a double carriageway with huge concrete blocks placed as a median. On the lane towards Hebbal Some nincompoops had moved the blocks sideways thereby making the already narrow flyover much narrower, thereby causing a small pile up. Was in a hurry to reach the airport so was frustrated could not stop and do something about this.
Returned on the same route after dropping my sister at the airport, the blocks were back in its place, felt good some one had done something about the issue.
Old 14th March 2014, 11:02   #5709
BHPian

Friday hell

It took me 45 minutes from HSR Layout to RMZ ecospace, there was a huge traffic jam below the Intel flyover thanks to the govt/party supporters. They occupied the road like a buffalo herd and weren't allowing vehicles to move.

People are wary of how dangerous such a crowd can be, they can turn hostile any time resulting in mob violence. I really wonder what is the job of Bangalore police, they are not able to regulate such a small crowd.
Old 14th March 2014, 17:42   #5710
Senior - BHPian

Finally, the alternate options to Whitefield from Agara (albeit a little longer) are going to be widened soon. But how soon? Time will tell

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-sarjapurroadwidening.jpg
rohanjf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 09:30   #5711
Team-BHP Support

There was a huge traffic jam on old airport road yesterday evening at 7:30PM coming from trinity towards Domlur. Just before the command hospital a BMW 3 series E90 had rammed into the median and then climbed over the foot path. The entire car was on the sidewalk with a tree in the middle of the hood.

Could not get a photo as I was driving in opposite direction but it looked bad.

Anyone know any details? From the alloys it looked like a first generation 325i.
Old 16th March 2014, 20:50   #5712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Finally, the alternate options to Whitefield from Agara (albeit a little longer) are going to be widened soon. But how soon? Time will tell

Attachment 1219380
I guess by the time metro work near ITPL and the road widening takes place, our kids will be going to work. As such vehicle population is increasing exponentially. Imagine the situation then.
Old 16th March 2014, 22:56   #5713
Distinguished - BHPian

Road work alert: There is pipeline work between Phoenix market city mall to KR puram ORR junction near the Hyundai/ Renault showroom. They have dug up one side of the road so traffic is diverted through other side. Road is dug up so even after work is done it may be a mess.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 10:05   #5714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Road work alert: There is pipeline work between Phoenix market city mall to KR puram ORR junction near the Hyundai/ Renault showroom. They have dug up one side of the road so traffic is diverted through other side. Road is dug up so even after work is done it may be a mess.
As such that stretch is always a mess as it happens to be ITPL main road. Digging the road is only going to complicate matters. It's high time the road be widened. Last year or so, i saw soil test being carried out near Hoody. After that no news.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 10:37   #5715
BHPian

Noticed this yesterday evening on my way back home.

This stretch, especially from Phoenix Mall to KR Puram railway station always has long queues on weekday evenings itself. When I drive back home towards Hoodi in the evening, I see bikers everyday coming on the wrong side(from KR Puram towards ITPL). Now with only two lanes, and also the traffic will merge below the ORR flyover, its going to be a mess for sure. Adding to this mess is the two-wheeler which comes from the "mini" underpass below the railway track from the ITI ground to the whitefield main road. The traffic cops are going to have a tough time.

Regarding the "post work" done by BWSSB, the stretch from Hoodi circle till Brigade Metropolis, is still to be levelled. Expect the same in this stretch too. The junction near ABB office near Brigade Metropolis, where vehicles going towards EPIP take a right turn, is already a mess, where the road, dug up road is not levelled and vehicles, taking a right turn move very slowly in the 15 second signal they get.

Have been alternating between Old Madras Road and Old Airport Road to my office commute between Hoodi and EGL. Looks like I have to switch to Old Airport Road for for the next few months.

EVen in Old Airport Road, the left most lane in the stretch between HAL Helicopter Division to HAL signal is the same, where BWSSB had dug up and there are have "patched" up very heavily.

End of a long rant

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks