Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2014, 08:10   #5851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Huge Traffic Jam early morning at 06:30 AM between Udupi Garden and Silk Board.

Very slow moving traffic till the petrol bunk before Silk Board. There was lot of water on the road, I believe a sewage pipe or water pipe has broken down causing the jam.

Regards
This is towards Silk Board or towards Hosur? Heading towards EC, hence the query
Old 15th April 2014, 08:17   #5852
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
This is towards Silk Board or towards Hosur? Heading towards EC, hence the query
From Udupi Garden towards the Silk Board

Regards
Old 15th April 2014, 08:42   #5853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Huge Traffic Jam early morning at 06:30 AM between Udupi Garden and Silk Board.
Very slow moving traffic till the petrol bunk before Silk Board. There was lot of water on the road, I believe a sewage pipe or water pipe has broken down causing the jam.
Regards
Phew !! Lucky me. I passed this place at 6:10 AM. Like you said, lots of water just before the petrol pump near silk board. I was wondering if it rained last night. Then realised it was probably a sewer pipe.

And when I joined BTM Main road from BTM Lake Road at AXA Signal, there was unusually a long queue waiting for the signal to turn green from Udupi Garden side.

So what my best understanding of the situaution is - People followed the signal rule at 6:00 AM. On other days, I see people jumping signals and just driving through irrespective of who is coming from where. But since today people stopped at the AXA Signal, it triggered off the normal jam towards Udupi Garden.

Didn't see any cop anywhere though. May be the Inner Soul of Bangalore's Motorists Woke Up today !!
Old 15th April 2014, 09:33   #5854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Didn't see any cop anywhere though. May be the Inner Soul of Bangalore's Motorists Woke Up today !!
There were couple of cops just before the petrol bunk at 06:30 AM, I think two bikers skid and fell and sumo had scrapped a bus. Two traffic cops were trying to resolve the argument between them.

Regards
Old 16th April 2014, 08:43   #5855
Senior - BHPian

630am

On my way to work. I am traveling on Baiyapanahalli Road to reach Isolation Hospital intersection. There is jam. A chicken truck traveling on the wrong side of old madras road, going towards MG Road has hit a Toyota Etios cab. It looked like the chicken truck was aiming for the cut in the road, at the intersection so he could get on to the correct side of the road. Small crash. I guess the Etios lost its front light and something else. I was stuck there for 5 minutes. No sign of the drivers of both vehicles. It was chaos. Traffic piled up in one direction. Wriggled my way through and got out of the mess.
Old 18th April 2014, 08:59   #5856
BHPian

A quick question: Planning to take my relatives to Nandi hills sunday morning. Can I take the new airport-bound flyover from Hebbal? Does it go all the way to airport road tollbooths?

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 18th April 2014 at 09:00.
Old 18th April 2014, 09:23   #5857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
A quick question: Planning to take my relatives to Nandi hills sunday morning. Can I take the new airport-bound flyover from Hebbal? Does it go all the way to airport road tollbooths?
To keep it short and simple, YES! Takes about 20-30 minutes.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 10:30   #5858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also suggest you plan to reach there before 6( or well before sunrise). We had gone a month back and reached by 6.30. Lot of traffic at the entry and it was 7.15 by the time we reached the view point. Nothing great about the view in summer once the sun is up.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 11:06   #5859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey !! I would be there with wife and kid at around 6:30 am, same day, same place. Hopefully we'll play the spotting game.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 11:53   #5860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hey !! I would be there with wife and kid at around 6:30 am, same day, same place. Hopefully we'll play the spotting game.
Oh, we are planing for a relaxed Sunday breakfast and then proceed to Nandi around 10-00 am :(
Old 21st April 2014, 09:06   #5861
BHPian

Two bus break downs, one on the left most lane, and one on the right most lane in the road leading up to the Graphite India signal. I pity the commuters who come to this junction in about an hour's time.
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:40   #5862
Senior - BHPian

Dear Ring Road Riders (),
there is a cement mixer truck broken down (well, it just has a punctured tyre) opposite VIMS hospital in Marathahalli. So if you are headed towards Marathahalli/Whitefield on ORR from Kadubeesanahalli side, you will have to drive through a jam.
Old 22nd April 2014, 08:10   #5863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
there is a cement mixer truck broken down (well, it just has a punctured tyre) opposite VIMS hospital in Marathahalli. So if you are headed towards Marathahalli/Whitefield on ORR from Kadubeesanahalli side, you will have to drive through a jam.
Reached office - Prestige Tech Park, just past Kadubeesanahalli underpass - at 7:40am, and no sign of jam or even slowing traffic. It will build up by 9am I guess, if the truck is not moved.

Speaking of ORR, I have been managing the Banashankari 2nd Stage to office commute - total distance of 19.5km - in 25-30 mins. I leave home at 7am, and use my scooter. Route: Jayanagar - Dairy Circle - Forum - Sarjapur Road - ORR.
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:40   #5864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Reached office - Prestige Tech Park, just past Kadubeesanahalli underpass - at 7:40am, and no sign of jam or even slowing traffic. It will build up by 9am I guess, if the truck is not moved.
Passed the area at 9 am. No sign of the truck and no jams. For a change looks like it was quickly moved and/or fixed.
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:12   #5865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Passed the area at 9 am. No sign of the truck and no jams. For a change looks like it was quickly moved and/or fixed.
Great! I had posted about the truck here just for that reason. I was so sure that the truck would remain there for the whole day.

I have seen broken down trucks being left on the road for days, but not within city limits. There was a truck near Gunjur that entered a MASSIVE pothole and broke some suspension/axle. It was standing in the middle of the pothole for 3 days (yeah, middle of the pothole - the pothole was that big).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks