Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2014, 22:18   #6001
Senior - BHPian

A relative boarded KeSRTC Thiruvalla Super deluxe which left Mysore road bus stand at 6.15 just crossed Silk Board now!!!! (10.15pm)

Any news why this huge traffic block today?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th May 2014 at 22:43. Reason: deleting duplicate post
Old 29th May 2014, 07:31   #6002
BHPian

Last evening saw heavy traffic jam in the Koramangala and Sarjapur areas.

http://indianexpress.com/article/cit...t-ips-officer/
Old 29th May 2014, 07:39   #6003
Senior - BHPian

Traffic Alert !!

People travelling between Sarjapur junction and Agara junction.
There is a poor trailer truck, whose trailer got stuck under a tree in the left lane.
Traffic is building up between this stretch.
No pics since I was in the service lane to avoid the pothole ridden main road, and there were vehicles behind me.
We always keep cursing the trucks for sticking to right lane. This good trucker stuck to left lane and got stuck under the tree branches :-(
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 07:42   #6004
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
.. Mysore road bus stand .. Silk Board now ..

Lot of slow moving traffic all the way from Sony World signal towards Madivala last night. I took a detour into Koramagala (towards city side) to get through.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 07:50   #6005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
This was live on regional news channels yesterday - KSRP men block Hosur Road as rift among police to brass comes to the fore
msdivy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 08:02   #6006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Traffic Alert !!

People travelling between Sarjapur junction and Agara junction.
There is a poor trailer truck, whose trailer got stuck under a tree in the left lane.
(

Not sure if you are referring to the truck which had rammed the Tree and climbed over the footpath in front of Iblur Camp. Even this truck's Body was stuck to the top branch. This was in between Sarjapur Junction and Agara towards Silkboard.

Crossed this spot at 06:30 AM, no traffic at that time

Also two Indica's had met with accident near the HSR BDA Complex Signal towards Agara while coming from Silk Board. Looks like both the cabs wanted to enter the ringroad first and dint give an inch to other, collided with each other and there was Coolant all over the road. Cabs were right in the middle of the junction.

Regards
Old 29th May 2014, 08:10   #6007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
This was live on regional news channels yesterday - KSRP men block Hosur Road as rift among police to brass comes to the fore
O.T. Such a bunch of hooligans! How can they come out and protest in support of a pervert!
Old 29th May 2014, 08:14   #6008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Not sure if you are referring to the truck which had rammed the Tree and climbed over the footpath in front of Iblur Camp. Even this truck's Body was stuck to the top branch. This was in between Sarjapur Junction and Agara towards Silkboard.

Crossed this spot at 06:30 AM, no traffic at that time

Also two Indica's had met with accident near the HSR BDA Complex Signal towards Agara while coming from Silk Board. Looks like both the cabs wanted to enter the ringroad first and dint give an inch to other, collided with each other and there was Coolant all over the road. Cabs were right in the middle of the junction.

Regards
Yes, i was referring to that truck. The cabin was ripped apart from the trailer part and the trailer/container was still lodged in the top branch. Poor fellow, paid for sticking to left lane. The next time he is on road, he would stick to the right lane, and we would be cursing him !

I guess that Indica accident happened right in front of me. My view was obscured by a bmtc bus, but once i crossed the signal, i could see two Indicas in close proximity in my IRVM. The one which was on the ORR, must have been the one which had been irritating me with his zig zag driving with a phone in hand, from Agara. I had to give loud honks multiple times to get ahead of him. Serves him right for a broken car. Idiot.
Interestingly at 7am, the signal was not yet On. It was still in Orange flashing mode.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 29th May 2014 at 08:16.
Old 29th May 2014, 10:50   #6009
Senior - BHPian

Wow! yesterday Koramangala was jam packed and unusually high traffic blocks on every intersection. It was total chaos and mayhem in 1st block as BTMC buses started entering smaller roads and block traffic on both sides.

Is the protest from KSRP men the sole reason for the jam? Thankfully I was in a Scooty so did not have to be stranded for hours. This started from 6.30 or 7PM.
Old 29th May 2014, 10:58   #6010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
O.T. Such a bunch of hooligans! How can they come out and protest in support of a pervert!
Hooligans indeed, but we don't really if the officer is tainted or not until the court passes its judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Wow! yesterday Koramangala was jam packed and unusually high traffic blocks on every intersection. It was total chaos and mayhem in 1st block as BTMC buses started entering smaller roads and block traffic on both sides.

Is the protest from KSRP men the sole reason for the jam? Thankfully I was in a Scooty so did not have to be stranded for hours. This started from 6.30 or 7PM.
Years ago few young men from the same police quarters nearby had the audacity to burn a truck near Jakkasandra to protest the death of a police officer who died in firing from suspected terrorist.
Old 29th May 2014, 11:57   #6011
BHPian

Could anybody tell me why metal barricades have been placed on the Outer Ring Road at a couple of places near Kammanahalli / Banaswadi? I travel on this road daily and i presume this has been placed by the Bangalore Traffic Police. I have never seen any policeman near these barricades!

Obviously the reason for my rant is that these metal barricades standing on the tarmac area of the road serve no other purpose than bottlenecking free flowing traffic on this ever busy road. Vehicles nearing the barricades swerve dangerously to the parallel lanes to avoid this obstruction. I dont know whether accidents have already been caused as a result of this obstruction as it is an invitation to mishaps.

Posting a representative picture as i have not clicked the actual barricades in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-metal-barricade.jpg  

Old 29th May 2014, 12:00   #6012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
Could anybody tell me why metal barricades have been placed on the Outer Ring Road at a couple of places near Kammanahalli / Banaswadi?
My guess is they have been placed to prevent curb parking by BMTC & other vehicles while picking up passengers.
Old 29th May 2014, 12:02   #6013
Senior - BHPian

This is apparently done to slow down the traffic after the recent relaying of nice tar roads. Though they have succeeded in slowing down the traffic (read as created a bottleneck)they have conveniently ignored the safety aspect. If you don't know where they are placed, it's a dangerous situation to be in.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 12:09   #6014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
My guess is they have been placed to prevent curb parking by BMTC & other vehicles while picking up passengers.
Msdivy - this could not be a reason as the the barricades are on both sides of the carriageway - Passengers dont board / alight on the right hand side of the road plus the usual spots where the buses and taxis stop (legally as well as illegally) for picking up passengers is not barricaded and continues to be as chaotic as ever
Rajeev1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 12:24   #6015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Years ago few young men from the same police quarters nearby had the audacity to burn a truck near Jakkasandra to protest the death of a police officer who died in firing from suspected terrorist.
I was working in TVS motors then. The company bus went past Jakkasandra when the mob stopped the bus, asked the employees to get down and then they set the bus on fire.

All that remained was the shell of the bus

Most Viewed