Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2014, 12:33   #6016
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I am so sick and tired of the Kundalahalli mayhem. Today it took me 70 minutes to cross that signal from CMR IT college on a volvo bus.

Is there any BMTC volvo bus service between Kadugodi and HAL that goes via the Forum Value Mall?
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:20   #6017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I am so sick and tired of the Kundalahalli mayhem. Today it took me 70 minutes to cross that signal from CMR IT college on a volvo bus.

Is there any BMTC volvo bus service between Kadugodi and HAL that goes via the Forum Value Mall?
I think getting off the bus at Brookefield, walking till Shankara Hospital, and taking another bus from there to wherever you have to go would save you about 45 minutes (Bangalore Mirror had conducted an experiment going the other way a few weeks back with similar results).
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:21   #6018
BHPian

Quote:
I used to walk from CMRIT college to Graphite India when I used stay in AECS Layout. Found this to be faster than catching a bus or diving in a car. It never used to be this bad around 1 year back, 30 minutes was the maximum to reach ITPL from AECS Layout.
Quote:
I have seen some 333 series buses (Kadugodi to Majestic) in this route. Found these very rarely, hope it's not frequent.

Last edited by denver85 : 2nd June 2014 at 13:25. Reason: added some more points
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:09   #6019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Earlier there used to be 333 route, which went via Whitefield to ITPL. Not sure if it exists now. But this bus was very rare.

Recently BMTC have introduced 435E, which go from Majestic to Kadugodi via KR Puram railway station.
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:59   #6020
BHPian

I guess the overall traffic was high today , might be due to school re opening and parents dropping kids to school. Might take another one week or so to settle down.
Old 2nd June 2014, 16:06   #6021
BHPian

My rented apartment in HSR Layout in general has very bad noise insulation, today morning the honking started pretty early at 7 AM, that is when I realized that the school have reopened after the vacation.

Goodbye to my sleep
Old 2nd June 2014, 17:27   #6022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
My rented apartment in HSR Layout in general has very bad noise insulation, today morning the honking started pretty early at 7 AM, that is when I realized that the school have reopened after the vacation.

Goodbye to my sleep
Couple of schools reopened last week while the rest reopened today. My son studies in St Francis school in koramangala. There was commotion all around with all vehicles (vans, cars, 2 wheelers) fighting for space
Old 2nd June 2014, 20:08   #6023
BHPian

Guys, any traffic jam in ORR? Shuttles that left at 6.30 are still inside Ecospace campus..
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:24   #6024
BHPian

Not sure what's going on in ORR. Meanwhile I m stuck in my office MLCP in Ecospace for an hour and half..
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:26   #6025
Distinguished - BHPian

Very gusty winds and heavy rain in North Bangalore this evening around 1830.

There was a lot of dangerous material flying around and I personally observed the vinyl from multiple advertising billboards near Hebbal falling on motorists and adjoining buildings.

Take care everyone! Am sure the horror stories will be posted very soon.
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:45   #6026
BHPian

The Thanisandra junction on outer ring road is going from bad to worse day by day. The traffic buildup towards Hebbal from Banaswadi this evening was so bad that it was backed up right upto Hennur junction on the ORR. Any alternative route suggestions from the city to Manyata Tech Park (avoiding thanisandra ) are welcome :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 2nd June 2014, 23:00   #6027
BHPian

Quote:
There are a lot of 335EP volvo buses in the morning (atleast one in every 5 or 10 minutes) that go via forum value mall to majestic. But i think these do not start from Kadugodi. From ITPL, they take a right turn at the hope farm signal and come along this route to reach majestic.

I use these buses atleast 2 times a week. But the traffic on this side is also the same on most days! Today it took me around 30 minutes to cross the kundalahalli gate mess.
This signal is one of the main reasons for me to take the volvo!
Old 2nd June 2014, 23:13   #6028
BHPian

What a day - that too Monday !

It rains for some time and then i see traffic jam inside the Ecospace campus. Saw vehicles stuck for more than 1hr inside the campus.

- A few impatient folks started honking continuously but got bored after some time and switched off their vehicles. Thought cabbies had the bad habit of honking, but i found them more decent today than the regular IT joe's who were so frustrated sitting and honking.

- Finally after almost 30 minute struggle got out of the Ecospace campus (advantages of having a scooter !) rain starts again. Meantime, the rush outside the Ecospace campus is terrible, everyone trying to push their bit forward, squeeze cars in the smallest gap possible ! Couple of cars break down and they add to the trouble. Even in that traffic, volvo buses were driven as if roads were empty.

- A 40+ guy in a silver honda city seemed very impatient, he was bullying everyone on the road, honking to glory comes hits me with his side view mirror while trying squeeze his car between a truck, myself and a TT ! Opens his window and asks "what the f... are you doing, move on or give me way" Now i really wish i was the hulk who could pick and throw every vehicle on the road for this impatient honda city owner. Guess he had a terrible day at office or may be fight with his family ! Was driving his car very rash and trying to go close to every vehicle in front of him and testing the brakes in wet conditions.

- I also realized that instead of buying a car, buying a second hand Temp Traveller with some skills training by the TT driver guru's would be a better idea. The agile manner in which they drive TT in spite of the wet roads, bumper to bumper traffic makes me feel inferior ! I wish i had that talent.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 2nd June 2014 at 23:27. Reason: Grammar and sentence
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 01:45   #6029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
What a day - that too Monday !
I would wish to use the words Empathize or Sympathize, but don't know which would be more appropriate.
Reason - I left working inside this mayhem land in December last year. So who else can be a better experienced person of facing the mayhem that you faced today.

I have seen the ORR been built day by day - Jams, jams and jams. I have crossed this area in 2.5 hours, got my car stuck on 3 wheel, as I landed in a ditch covered with rain water, almost got rear ended when I had to brake hard because the IT joe suddenly jumped to cross the road. Phew !!

With all the crappy flyovers being built. Major design flaws. Major non-use of common sense. Its going to worse now.

Plus, infrastructure madness. Build Ecospace - Keep building more and more and more building behind it, name it Pritech park, blah blah, and them make only one sensible exit - shared with Ecospace. 6PM and everyone ruses to this gate, plus the ones zooming down the flyovers to cross before the herds comes out of Ecospace.

I wonder if there is a fire emergency, where will people run ? The Ecospace gate would be choked.

Damn, its a mad world out there.
Thankfully I have moved to my new workspace in Whitefield (near Vydehi). And yes, I have taken up shift work. So I leave early, around 6 AM, and start back home around 4 PM.
Need me to login urgently, pay me more.
The client can wait, the vendor can wait. My peace will not wait for anyone, its in my hands.

I am not saying everyone can have a peaceful life like me, but then still, try for a shift job - The probable solution to traffic woes.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 07:22   #6030
BHPian

What a drive was it yesterday evening! Thanks to our BBMP, all roads were flooded.

Of that a lady driver driving i10 Grand (Red), rolls back, hits my car and drives on. She was not even concerned if her vehicle had any damaged. All this in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

I had maintained enough distance and she still managed to roll back and hit. And road was slightly inclined upwards.

No amount of honking bothered her.

By the time I got off my car, she zoomed off and other vehicles filled the gap. Hence I could not get hold of her. Donno what I would have done if I had really got hold of her.

Vehicle number, KA 01 MF 4089

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 3rd June 2014 at 07:24.

Most Viewed