Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2014, 16:12   #6106
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Next in the pipe line is the proposal to widen the begur road as DLF township is coming up there. Imagine the traffic chaos this will create once the township is complete.
OT: Don't worry much. The way things are today, DLF township will take another year or more to complete......
Old 12th June 2014, 16:34   #6107
Team-BHP Support

The entire Bannerghatta road stretch from NICE road entrance all the way upto Fortis hospital is a mess on Saturday afternoons in particular. I guess it has something to do with the green signal duration at Reliance mart / Arekere junction, coupled with the increased traffic towards / out of Meenaxi mall. Some Saturdays the vehicle queue goes from Fortis almost until Meenaxi mall itself . Even weekdays are bad on this stretch, but Saturdays are really beyond the patience limit .

With more and more luxury apartments and townships coming up in the vicinity, more vehicles will use the same road in the months to come!
Old 12th June 2014, 16:52   #6108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
With more and more luxury apartments and townships coming up in the vicinity, more vehicles will use the same road in the months to come!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Ferns Icon & the Total Mall (& Akme Ballet entrance) all are exactly at the signal crossing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Next in the pipe line is the proposal to widen the begur road as DLF township is coming up there. Imagine the traffic chaos this will create once the township is complete.
We indeed pay a lot of money(60-110 lakhs) to buy an apartment on such busy stretch and get stuck in traffic jam.

We like it when apartments come up on all sides along with IT establishments.
Sadly, the notion of quality housing is way different in our country, the idea of living inside the city is desirable, but not under the case where there is no sufficient place to move or drive.

I've stayed for few months in Akme ballet, Doddanekundi, it is not a peaceful junction to cross.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 17:21   #6109
Senior - BHPian

Just received an altert.. Truck broken down at the junction between Marathalli bridge and Kundanahalli Junction. Those heading that way, watch out and yes, All the best.
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 18:57   #6110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Just received an altert.. Truck broken down at the junction between Marathalli bridge and Kundanahalli Junction. Those heading that way, watch out and yes, All the best.
Thanks for the heads up! BTW, which side of the road, towards marathalli or towards kundalahalli junction?
Old 12th June 2014, 18:59   #6111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
BTP's Twitter feed had this info at around 4:45 PM. I think it is a really useful service from them.

https://twitter.com/blrcitytraffic/s...48423665766400
Old 12th June 2014, 19:14   #6112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
BTP's Twitter feed had this info at around 4:45 PM. I think it is a really useful service from them.

https://twitter.com/blrcitytraffic/s...48423665766400
+1. Their alerts are quite useful, though they come a little late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
Thanks for the heads up! BTW, which side of the road, towards marathalli or towards kundalahalli junction?
It was towards the Marathalli Bridge.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 19:58   #6113
Senior - BHPian

Found these 3 videos on YouTube, pretty much sums up the hopelessness of BTP.

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.
Old 13th June 2014, 08:25   #6114
Senior - BHPian

Belated Rant:

Date: 12/06/2014
Location: Was coming from Apollo Hospital on Bannerghata Road to nearby CCD on BTM Lake Road.
Distance: 2.5 kms
Time taken: 40 minutes.
Time of the day: 2:00 PM

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th June 2014 at 12:11. Reason: Back to the future....
Old 13th June 2014, 09:25   #6115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Belated Rant:

Location: Was coming from Apollo Hospital on Bannerghata Road to nearby CCD on BTM Lake Road.

Well Come to Bannerghatta Road.

I have been living all my life on Bannerghatta Road. The road has seen it all, from villages to IT boom to High rises to Schools everywhere. Its a traffic nightmare when you think of Bannerghatta Road.

When colleges and friends ask me advise on buying flats on Bannerghatta Road I always say only one thing.

"Come to Bannerghatta Road on different days/times and feel the traffic. If you think you can put up with this, then buy the property."

Its a different thing for me since I was born here and call it home. But it can terrorize a lot of people.

With phase 2 of metro gathering momentum now, I can only pray.

Regards

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th June 2014 at 12:11. Reason: quoted post edited
chandrda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 09:26   #6116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Found these 3 videos on YouTube, pretty much sums up the hopelessness of BTP.
You can include one more junction which is always chaotic. When you come from Hoody main road, after the HP petrol bunk, there is a left turn which will help us in avoiding going all the way towards towards whitefield honda showroom and then take a left turn to ORR. The junction where this cross road meets the ORR is absolutely pathetic to say the least.
Most of the time ITPL chartered buses go by this cross road and have been stuck in the jam for close to 45 min (worst case scenario).
There are no cops in the junction and the locals do the job of controlling the traffic.
Old 13th June 2014, 09:30   #6117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post

"Come to Bannerghatta Road on different days/times and feel the traffic. If you think you can put up with this, then buy the property."

Regards
Bannerghatta Road is usually packed with traffic jam any time of the day. During weekends, it is much more worse. Big high rise apartments, more IT companies, famous hosptials etc all stretched on this road add their own contribution to the jam.
Old 13th June 2014, 09:37   #6118
Senior - BHPian

The road at KR Puram market area has been re laid on both sides and around the temple. Its a breeze now.
Old 13th June 2014, 09:51   #6119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Belated Rant:

Woah! Are you someone who returned from the future?

Okay, at around 3 o'clock in the evening, once it took me an hour and a half to reach Begur road from Apollo Hospital. Happened last year in December. I'm not surprised

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th June 2014 at 12:12. Reason: he is now back from the future..
Old 13th June 2014, 10:10   #6120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Well, I have been living in BTM Lake road for the last 7 years, and like you said, I have been seeing BG Road going from empty roads to chaos !!

When Meenakshi mall came up, it brought may investors and real estate people. This has caused mayhem on this stretch.

One of my manager has a 3 BHK apartment somewhere on BG Road. He has given it up on rent and moved to a rented accomodation near Sarjapur. He just couldn't take the traffic chaos anymore.

I have been looking for property in Bangalore, and BG Road is striked off from Day1 of my search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Woah! Are you someone who returned from the future?
Okay, at around 3 o'clock in the evening, once it took me an hour and a half to reach Begur road from Apollo Hospital. Happened last year in December. I'm not surprised
Haaahaaahaa !! One of the Mods had pinged me about this .
I have reported the post to change the month from 09 to 06. Hope the mods do the needful.

Pretty unpredictable stretch !! And I have lost count of how many cuts are there in the median. Anybody from anywhere just crosses the main road.

Most Viewed