Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:14   #6181
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Saturday in Koramangla at about 7PM, have this cab behind me uncomfortably close and honking at a red light when there was 35 seconds remaining! Light turns green and he starts to inch forward when the other cars in front of me haven't started moving. Being sure that this numskull would not hesitate to kiss my bumper, i didn't want to speed up or he would just try to run me off. Still with flicking lights and blaring horns he swerves to the next lane where there is an auto and no space to overtake, but as i predicted he swerved through, had i not braked he would have taken my front bumper with him. All that rush and 30 seconds later he hasn't gone too far cause he is in front of me at the next signal! Called the help line on the back window and they identified it as an Accenture cab. I think it was a centralized travel desk cause she said she would inform the Bangalore control desk ASAP. There were no employees in the cab or i'm sure they would have complained. I think cabs are the most unruly road users, apart from the usual suspects, BMTC and Autos.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20140621_190201.jpg  

Last edited by Stratos : 24th June 2014 at 09:17. Reason: More than two smileys.
KevinP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:31   #6182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
I think cabs are the most unruly road users, apart from the usual suspects, BMTC and Autos.
Without any doubts there are. They have become a menace on our roads.
It's worst time to travel on our roads after 9pm.

-Jumping Signals
-Cutting lanes
-Bullying
-Engaging with other cabbies on drag races

They rule the roads after 9pm all the way till 3am.

I drive to work between 1pm and 10pm to beat the traffic mess for a 34km travel one way but these days its these cabbies who get on my nerve and I suddenly feel that Autos have become a minority and create an aberration that they are now reformed.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:58   #6183
BHPian

Adding to the cabbies are the new killers on the road - THE WATER TANKERS. Goodness gracious me - they drive like psychopaths.
eethanhunt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 07:51   #6184
BHPian

BWSSB decided to dig on the busy Bannerghatta Road early morning and may be extending their operation into the peak hour.

The digging was happening right on Bannerghatta Road and the BTM Lake road junction.

If you are coming from BTM Lake Road and joining Bannerghatta road then expect some traffic jam.

Regards
Old 25th June 2014, 09:33   #6185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
There's this motorbike ad I see on television these days. In it the rider steps out wearing boxers and tee and starts riding.
Just today morning I read of an accident case where a rider lost his life riding a BMW superbike at 2.30 a.m. The reason is said to be speed.

There's a reason why rants on B'lore traffic is more than 10 times voluminous than Mumbai or Delhi.
An accident is no pleasant situation but losing ones head and resorting to violence in today's era is nothing but barbarianism and this city is slowly entering the pinnacle of decadence, despite a few good changes.

I say this with no bias or partiality, I would not like to live in this city anymore.
I would like some of us to initiate a movement to prioritise safety and road sense. Anyone else feel the same?
You have absolutely mirrored my thoughts. That ad is pathetic. I wonder how could someone allow such a thing to be on TV? Our youngsters are already supercharged to do crazy things, now they have one more thing to attempt.

On the Bangalore bit: I am not sure if any place in India is better off, every single metro that you got, too has the same problems. So let's not fault the city. We Indians are an unruly lot. People are angry about different things and they all take it out on the road.

And our population makes almost every attempt of educating road users useless. The absolute only thing they understand is probably prison sentence (fines don't work anymore). Lets hope lawmakers have the sense to make the laws so tough that if you do any unwarranted thing on the road, you pay dearly.

But, till then, either grin and bear it or as a lot of Indians do, work in another country. Sorry to sound pessimistic but I do not have any hope.

P.S. I came back form a holiday of 2 weeks and the first thing that struck me was, "Oh God, I have to drive in that traffic, again!".

Last edited by pratyush6 : 25th June 2014 at 09:59.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 17:54   #6186
Team-BHP Support

Just heard, there seems to be a massive jam on Electronics city expressway all the way till silk board, almost 3-4 km long. If anyone is planning to take the EC expressway back home, please avoid doing so and re-route your return journey. Some vehicles are even reported to be turning back and driving in the opposite direction to the entrance ramp (towards EC side).

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th June 2014 at 17:55.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 18:09   #6187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Just heard, there seems to be a massive jam on Electronics city expressway all the way till silk board, almost 3-4 km long.
Karthik, the jam is on the lane to Silk board (from EC) OR other lane to E-city (from Silk board)?
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 19:05   #6188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Karthik, the jam is on the lane to Silk board (from EC) OR other lane to E-city (from Silk board)?
From E-city to Silk board. Fully jammed. I paid the toll on E-city side and just before the ramp came across cars coming at me on the wrong direction. Then I realised the jam is so bad that cars are taking a U-turn and coming down the up ramp.

Looks to be a royal mess today.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 19:17   #6189
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Vid for that update, better to avoid the expressway today!

Any idea what is the cause? Any major accident on the expressway?
Old 25th June 2014, 19:25   #6190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Thanks Vid for that update, better to avoid the expressway today!

Any idea what is the cause? Any major accident on the expressway?
Sunnyboi says, an indica broke down on the BETL causing the pile up.

Also, traffic is exceptionally bad today. I took the below road and not BETL and from Bommanhalli to silk board it took more than 35mins. Silk board flyover was at a standstill.

If you have some pending work in office, today is the day to finish it and leave late from work.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 19:35   #6191
Team-BHP Support

Add to that, I came from ORR to Old Airport Road. From HAL Helicopter division till HAL was a terrible tail back.

Why?

Dumb Mercedes E-Class driver decided to drive fast on wrong side off road and hit a Matador pushing it onto the wrong side of the wrong. The Matador passengers must have some injuries

Name:  Snapshot 2 6252014 730 PM.png
Views: 841
Size:  157.9 KB Name:  Snapshot 3 6252014 738 PM.png
Views: 776
Size:  166.3 KB

Going further on , On the other side of the road, traffic from Total mall to HAL was getting backed up

Clicked from dashcam before anyone unduly crtiques

Last edited by ajmat : 25th June 2014 at 19:47.
Old 25th June 2014, 19:41   #6192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
From E-city to Silk board. Fully jammed. I paid the toll on E-city side and just before the ramp came across cars coming at me on the wrong direction. Then I realised the jam is so bad that cars are taking a U-turn and coming down the up ramp.

Looks to be a royal mess today.
It still shows that its bad all through BETL for that 9 kms stretch!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-betl.jpg
Glad that I normally head back home around 9pm but looks like today I can expect residual traffic still inching home that may have left from EC around 7 or 8PM as well.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 19:43   #6193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
It still shows that its bad all through BETL for that 9 kms stretch!
Attachment 1254131
Glad that I normally head back home around 9pm but looks like today I can expect residual traffic still inching home that may have left from EC around 7 or 8PM as well.
I messaged on Radio Indigo and someone else replied there that entire 9kms is bumper to bumper and not moving. That person was driving back the other direction towards EC in the right direction and saw this.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 19:47   #6194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I messaged on Radio Indigo and someone else replied there that entire 9kms is bumper to bumper and not moving. That person was driving back the other direction towards EC in the right direction and saw this.
Seems like the effect will not reduce even at 9 PM (have witnessed blocks even at 8:30PM) and the best way for me to get back home will be by getting poorer by 155 bucks taking NICE all the way.

Thanks for posting though and glad I looked at this thread and soon after checked on Googlemaps for the situation.
Old 25th June 2014, 22:13   #6195
Senior - BHPian

Underwent the same: was turned back at BETL, inching at the service road at e-city signal, crawling at Hosa road signal and called it enough and took the service road at Kudlu gate on the opposite side- then HSR-Agara lake- Koramangala - Forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks