Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2014, 09:21   #6211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
And I am still the only joker who stops at this red signal. I have seen even lady drivers zoom off at this signal. Worse - some stop and then move on. I feel like a fool stopping here every day. But persevere I will.
What i fail to understand is the next signal at St Johns after this signal is going to be red. Then why the urgency to escape like mad from the first signal only to be made to wait in the other signal. Then it is slow moving traffic below the ayyappa temple under pass.
Old 2nd July 2014, 09:58   #6212
BHPian

A warning for people going towards Whitefield and taking the Cement Road to join the Graphite India Signal - there is a water tanker which has broken down at an intersection.

I was stuck in the same place from 8:05am to 8:30am today morning.
Not sure if this has been towed away or something till now, just be careful.

Exact location is the intersection of 2nd Main & 3rd Cross Road, Doddanakundi Industrial Estate . There are a couple of apartments like Wave Woods and GM Paradise, if you want any landmark.
Old 2nd July 2014, 10:19   #6213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
A warning for people going towards Whitefield and taking the Cement Road to join the Graphite India Signal - there is a water tanker which has broken down at an intersection.

I was stuck in the same place from 8:05am to 8:30am today morning.
Not sure if this has been towed away or something till now, just be careful.

Exact location is the intersection of 2nd Main & 3rd Cross Road, Doddanakundi Industrial Estate . There are a couple of apartments like Wave Woods and GM Paradise, if you want any landmark.
I was stuck at the same place for over 45 minutes in the morning. Normally it takes around 30 mins to reach from whitefield to my office at Doddenakundi but today it took an hour and 20 minutes.
Old 2nd July 2014, 11:23   #6214
BHPian

I don't know whose brilliant mind behind the idea of putting back to back speed breakers (1 feet tall and spaced within ~5 feet) near KR Puram railway station while coming from TIN factory ... that too in 2 places
Old 2nd July 2014, 11:48   #6215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
I don't know whose brilliant mind behind the idea of putting back to back speed breakers (1 feet tall and spaced within ~5 feet) near KR Puram railway station while coming from TIN factory ... that too in 2 places
It's a new trend actually. Wherever they relay the roads with fresh tar, they add larger speed breakers than before.

They have just that done on ORR after HSR BDA flyover coming from Silk board. In front of Mantri the 2 speed breakers have grown in size but road was patched up.

The road from HSR to Jakksandara in front of the greenview hospital has been relaid and 2 humongous speed breakers added in front of hospital on both sides.
Old 2nd July 2014, 13:02   #6216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's a new trend actually. Wherever they relay the roads with fresh tar, they add larger speed breakers than before.

They have just that done on ORR after HSR BDA flyover coming from Silk board. In front of Mantri the 2 speed breakers have grown in size but road was patched up.

The road from HSR to Jakksandara in front of the greenview hospital has been relaid and 2 humongous speed breakers added in front of hospital on both sides.
I remember reading some time back about BBMP and traffic police removing all unscientific speed breakers. Now these road tar relaying is done by BBMP itself and i wonder what happened to all that scientific talk?!
Old 2nd July 2014, 13:15   #6217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
The second one in both these places is not even covered for the whole width of the road, its only half way. Expect motorists to swerve left to avoid going over the 2nd speed breaker.
Old 2nd July 2014, 14:15   #6218
Senior - BHPian

Today found a genius in a HR registered white Swift with an ARMY sticker on front windshield on ORR, Agra. This fellow along with me climbed up the ramp and was behind a BMTC volvo, he wanted to overtake the bus and I was on the right most lane, looks he was confused whether to go past the bus or not and was blocking my way also, I zoomed past him to see he was eating a banana inside and talking over the phone, he did not like my stare at him.
Old 2nd July 2014, 17:42   #6219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Today found a genius in a HR registered white Swift with an ARMY sticker on front windshield on ORR, Agra. This fellow along with me climbed up the ramp and was behind a BMTC volvo, he wanted to overtake the bus and I was on the right most lane, looks he was confused whether to go past the bus or not and was blocking my way also, I zoomed past him to see he was eating a banana inside and talking over the phone, he did not like my stare at him.
Lol probably he thought you are going to steal is breakfast

On a serious note there is a unmarked speed breaker in front of St. Francis school when coming from water tank signal and going towards Sarjapur on Sarjapur road. The other day apparently my mother in law hurt her hand sitting inside a cab when the cab fellow had to brake hard as the fellow in front did the same. Yes she was not wearing a seat belt sitting at back as the cab did not have the belt. Thank god nothing serious.

This is for people who do not frequent the area, please be wary.
Old 2nd July 2014, 21:12   #6220

The hardships caused by white tempo shuttle services

Dear all,

I want to share an unfortunate event which happened to me very recently in Bangalore. Incident happened exactly one month before on a sunday. Me and wife decided to go out to a couple of tourist destinations near to Bangalore and went to Bheemeshwari area adjacent to Kanakapura. After visiting many places, we were returning extremely happy and suddenly got into a treaffic jam in Kanakapura by evening 6:15. There was a white tempo (IT shuttle service) behind me, which was empty. The driver was very impatient and was continuously honking from behind and I didnt have even a single inch in that traffic jam to give side.
After a few minutes, when the entire traffic was stationary, I heard a thud sound and to my shock, the driver had deliberately come and hit my car and to every one's shock, kept on accelerating, trying to push my car away.
In an impulsive spur of moment, I got out and he along with some fellow driver came out and started shouting on me. He was totally drunk and was saying why I reversed and hit his car.
It was already getting dark and we (me and wife) are from kerala and was driving an out of Karnataka registered car. Lack of Kannada knowledge and it being a very outer space in Bangalore, I couldn't get the help of locals there.
Then I got cautious about the situation and decided to give priority for my life over the car. I asked him to leave and thought of filing a police complaint, which was turned down by everyone saying police station is for harassment and not for any help.
Next day, I tried to forget the incident and gave it for repair to service station stating as an accidental accident, lost some 3800 rs (rear bumper had to be replaced) from my pocket (after the insurance) to service center.
My car is a Verna, out of karnataka registration, may be which caused him to show such an attitude.
Please be careful of these IT shuttle service cabs and try to maintain a distance from them.
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:46   #6221
BHPian

Re: The hardships caused by white tempo shuttle services

Hey binish, you are not alone in the boat.
I was rear ended by an IT shuttle cab some months back. I was also in traffic waiting and then "BANG". The idiot had reversed himself into my Alto. He came out and asked me sheepishly why I hadn't honked. Honked before someone bangs my rear? I haven't heard of that logic before. Of-course, he got a group of his cab driver-mates to justify his actions and only when I threatened of going to his company and the police did he acknowledge and apologize.
Sometimes, its just pure bad luck that you are in the middle of these guys.
Old 2nd July 2014, 23:23   #6222
Senior - BHPian

A very unpleasant first post. There is already many a threads discussing bullying in general, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...eality-10.html and http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ation-254.html

Anyway, welcome to the team.

This same bullying has happened to me at Edapally, Cochin while waiting for the traffic lights and to a car by my side at a traffic block in Kottayam. Both Tata 407 LCVs. They purposefully wanted to bump and try pushing the cars when there is no way forward!
Old 3rd July 2014, 04:18   #6223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
This same bullying has happened to me at Edapally, Cochin while waiting for the traffic lights and to a car by my side at a traffic block in Kottayam. Both Tata 407 LCVs. They purposefully wanted to bump and try pushing the cars when there is no way forward!
Heard of such unruly behavior in metros but first time I'm hearing about such incidents in Kerala. Scary days ahead.

@thoma - how did you handle the situation?
Old 3rd July 2014, 08:30   #6224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
May be he was thinking why you are going bananas and staring at his banana

Last week just before the Sarjapur-Ring Road Junction Flyover, there is this Ecosports being driving at 20 KPMH on extreme right and entire left side was occupied by buses, cabs extra which were zooming past me. I kept honking at this guy and he dint move an inch. Over took him from left and gave him a angry stare, I was taken a back by what I saw.

This well dressed guy was eating a peer in one hand and wiping his shirt with tissue paper with the other.

The way I was staring at him, he stopped chewing the peer and was looking at me in a puzzled way.

Regards
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:02   #6225
Senior - BHPian

With the little bit of rains we have had, new potholes have appeared and old ones are growing bigger.

My drive from home to office and back takes me on the Kadubeesanahalli-Doddakannelli road. This stretch is about 6 kms long. The first part, Panattur main road, should be called Panattur no road.

Then there are huge potholes plus huge concrete speedbreakers for the next 2 kms (behind Cisco office). Then 1 km is good.

Fun starts after that. There is some school and some apartments. So far, I haven't managed to read their names because I can't afford to get my eyes off the road. Even though the road is wide enough to have 4 lanes, there is debris on the left lanes. Then there are HUGE potholes which are filled with water all the time. I think the apartment security fills the water to avoid dust.

Once in a while, the potholes (which span the width of the road) are filled with mud. It is fun to do offroading on main roads. It is a must-drive-on kind of path for those with offroaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The hospital wants patients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
The way I was staring at him, he stopped chewing the peer and was looking at me in a puzzled way.
Obviously your fault. It is not decent to stare at someone eating

Most Viewed