Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2014, 00:29   #6256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Huge Billboards - Upcoming menace between Dell and Vydehi junction (EPIP Area).
The cleaning of the plants on the median has been going on for almost 2 months now.
I was wondering that may be they are planning to cut down the median and widen the road. How grossly was I wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Even I was under the impression that at last better sense has prevailed in BBMP to widen the roads. Chopping off the plants to set up bill boards. I don't have words to explain this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I don't think these are for bill boards. Could well be for direction signs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I believe these are for the bill boards. Not sure if so many directions are required for our IT community, who are already disillusioned with so many directions.
I cannot simple digest the fact that so many acres of greener was cleared for bill board. There were fully grown trees and plant which was bulldozed overnight.
I think the stretch between Vydehi Hopital and Sai Baba Hospital is Next as this area has not been maintained for couple of months now.
Well, I had ranted about these upcoming billboards some posts back. Now they are up. With huge halogen focussing lights to illumiate them in the dark.

How dumb of the authorities to not have basic street lights, but have billboards highlighted well.

Towards Graphite India Junction:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1405105044811.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1405105067172.jpg

Towards Vydehi Junction:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1405105083745.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1405105098414.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 12th July 2014 at 00:35.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 08:17   #6257
Senior - BHPian

Read in today's Kannada newspaper that CM will be giving green signal for making Old Airport - Hopefarm stretch signal free this noon. Grade seperators are planned at Suranjandas road, Windtunnel and Kundalahalli junctions. I fear to even imagine the situation at all these junctions once the work commence.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 09:23   #6258
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Read in today's Kannada newspaper that CM will be giving green signal for making Old Airport - Hopefarm stretch signal free this noon. Grade seperators are planned at Suranjandas road, Windtunnel and Kundalahalli junctions. I fear to even imagine the situation at all these junctions once the work commence.
While it's a good move, how long is it going to take considering land acquisition, etc ? And we need to bear the brunt till the work is over

No such plans for the old madras road side ? I think something similar is needed for this side as well, god please help the Whitefield commuters
Old 12th July 2014, 09:45   #6259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
While it's a good move, how long is it going to take considering land acquisition, etc ? And we need to bear the brunt till the work is over
I wonder how are they going to design the grade seperator at Kundalahalli. 90% of the traffic either takes a left from Marathalli side towards Hypercity or vice versa. If they design a broad underpass towards Varthur Kodi and leave a small service road to take a left towards hypercity, it'll be a huge disaster.

Quote:
No such plans for the old madras road side ?
There is no mention about old madras road in the newspaper ad.
Old 12th July 2014, 10:56   #6260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can't bear the thought of flyover construction at any of these junctions, much less all of them simultaneously. :-( As of now I'm hoping someone goes to court and get this whole plan stayed.

Quote:
I wonder how are they going to design the grade seperator at Kundalahalli. 90% of the traffic either takes a left from Marathalli side towards Hypercity or vice versa. If they design a broad underpass towards Varthur Kodi and leave a small service road to take a left towards hypercity, it'll be a huge disaster.
Given their track record, the design they come up with will be the most disastrous imaginable. Look at Marathahalli, KR Puram, Silk Board, Madiwala... :-)
Old 12th July 2014, 21:56   #6261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Given their track record, the design they come up with will be the most disastrous imaginable. Look at Marathahalli, KR Puram, Silk Board, Madiwala... :-)
What about Domlur? nice looking loops, no 'U' turns available, road crossings immediately after the flyovers and no paths for pedestrians to cross.
Old 12th July 2014, 22:43   #6262
Senior - BHPian

Just saw that TUI team has out up a bus-stop infront if Ecospace ...

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-10447091_719658341426757_5004509343818480687_n.jpg

Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=719658341426757

Last edited by msdivy : 12th July 2014 at 22:45.
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 00:04   #6263
BHPian

I think its better to leave the Bangalore roads in bad condition

The road from NIFT college towards parangipalaya power station recently got repaired, now its a nightmare ! Many drivers using that road for testing their vehicle's quarter mile timing ! Glad to see Tata Ace's and Leyland dost's performing well on these tests !
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 00:11   #6264
Team-BHP Support

The jam below Intel flyover is of epic proportions. It causes traffic to pile up till Sarjapur road ORR junction.

What I have seen is left side service lane, the single lane on right of flyover and the service lane from Marthahalli all try to enter the service lane to enter Ecospace. traffic from 3 extreme corners trying to enter one service lane.

I just posted on BTP that they need to think of something better. Right now the single lane on right of flyover coming from marthahalli is barricaded every morning till 11am. Why can't they flip the traffic instead. Traffic coming from bellandhur gets one extra lane till below intel flyover. Just to reduce the traffic on ORR.
Old 13th July 2014, 00:27   #6265

Welcome respite to be out of maddening bangy traffic... But for e weather of course...
Old 13th July 2014, 10:05   #6266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I think its better to leave the Bangalore roads in bad condition

The road from NIFT college towards parangipalaya power station recently got repaired, now its a nightmare ! Many drivers using that road for testing their vehicle's quarter mile timing ! Glad to see Tata Ace's and Leyland dost's performing well on these tests !
This got to be longest road stretch in hsr layout without a hump. Don't worry a hump will soon be laid at the end of this stretch or may be in the middle.

Have you passed by the road adjoining the bescom? There was a recent attempt to lay two humongous speed humps in front of the DSR rainbow heights. Common sense prevailed and whatever was partially laid was taken down in a week, but now this has left a wide hole forcing the vehicles to slow down

No one can save this city, just stop ranting and get on with life.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 10:14   #6267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Well, I had ranted about these upcoming billboards some posts back. Now they are up. With huge halogen focussing lights to illumiate them in the dark.

How dumb of the authorities to not have basic street lights, but have billboards highlighted well.
While I am totally against the greenery which was destroyed for this purpose, the only silver lining apparent to me is that the glare from high beams from vehicles coming from the opposite side would be reduced.
Old 14th July 2014, 10:32   #6268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Read in today's Kannada newspaper that CM will be giving green signal for making Old Airport - Hopefarm stretch signal free this noon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Quote:
I wonder how are they going to design the grade seperator at Kundalahalli.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I can't bear the thought of flyover construction at any of these junctions, much less all of them simultaneously. :
Saw banners all along Old Airport road announcing the "Launch of signal free corridor from Domlur to Mahadevpura on 12-07-2014, 3:00 PM".

I don't know which is the route from Domlur to Mahadevpura. Also, if they construct a flyover at Kundalahalli without one in Graphite India junction, the the traffic pile up at Graphite India junction will extend all the way to Kundalahalli rendering the flyover useless. Kundalahalli junction has become a nightmare with traffic jams extending to 1 KM in all directions even during weekends.

Mean while, saw this in Bangalore Mirror

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../38220722.cms?
Old 14th July 2014, 10:38   #6269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I don't know which is the route from Domlur to Mahadevpura.
I guess they are referring Hopefarm area as Mahadevapura. My old office building was located very near to Hopefarm and the postal address had Mahadevapura in it.
Old 14th July 2014, 11:13   #6270
Senior - BHPian

In the mean while, the Bangalore RTO is again focusing on non-Karnataka registered vehicles plying in the city for a long time. In this video, they show an MP registered car being stopped. They are seizing the vehicle, and the lady tries to speed away. An RTO official stands in front of the vehicle and that stops her plans.

The arrogance of the woman needs to be seen to be believed. It is good that the RTO folks made the video, or perhaps she would have filed a false case of harassment against them. I liked the part when the driver asks for a visiting card from the official. And he smugly responds that he do not carry visiting cards, his uniform and name badge is the proof of his identity . And he also obliges for a pose in front of the car.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed