Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2014, 11:38   #6301
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post

Irrespective, the traffic was chaotic today, till Manipal Hospital and everyone who had to turn right block all of the left lanes as well.
That gets my goat add to the fact, the third lanes get to go first. I am tempted to ram some of these guys who take the extreme left only to come on the extreme right
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 13:13   #6302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
A small portion on a stretch inside Bangalore university campus is dug up, as soon as you enter from mysore road.

I do not understand why they spoil brilliant roads, patch them up and make them pathetic. And digging up during rainy season is even worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Anything nice will not be tolerated by BBMP. Basically there is no coordination between various departments. Hence this mess.
It is not the BBMP who dug up the road, it was the BWSSB's doing. and guess what, the BBMP engineer said exactly this, BWSSB, BSNL and BESCOM guys dig up the roads and the BBMP always gets blamed.

This was in the news paper sometime last eek and hence I remember this quote. Unless there is proper coordination and much more stringent application of fines, these agencies would not learn.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 16:14   #6303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
That gets my goat add to the fact, the third lanes get to go first. I am tempted to ram some of these guys who take the extreme left only to come on the extreme right
It's not just that they want to turn Right, many of them want to make a U-turn from the extreme Left lane while I am in the Right lane wanting to turn Right!

Sometimes I want to actually be the ass I wish I was and block them on purpose while I slow-w-w-w-ly make my Right turn.

Cheers

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th July 2014 at 17:06. Reason: Use decent language please, even when referring to your hypothetical self :)
Old 17th July 2014, 17:09   #6304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
It's not just that they want to turn Right, many of them want to make a U-turn from the extreme Left lane while I am in the Right lane wanting to turn Right!

... and block them on purpose while I slow-w-w-w-ly make my Right turn.
Sometimes I have my share of sadistic fun on Hosur road, beyond Bommanahalli signal. I'll be waiting on the right most lane, to get on the service lane on the opposite side of the road. Mr./Ms.smart aleck would also be waiting at the same signal, to my left side. I think (s)he wants to go straight, but no, (s)he has other plans when the signal turns green. Wants to pass me from my left and get on the same service lane. While moving to the other side, I slowly drift left, and Mr./Ms.smart aleck, by the time he/she reaches the service road, would be facing the barricade or the barrage of nincompoops who've inched ahead beyond the stop line on the other side. He/she gets an earful from the bikers, the cops/wardens, as well as those tailing me.
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 16:54   #6305
Senior - BHPian

Another rant on Bangalore traffic, err Roads !!

http://m.fakingnews.firstpost.com/20...e-road/page/1/
Old 19th July 2014, 19:23   #6306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Also, if they construct a flyover at Kundalahalli without one in Graphite India junction, the the traffic pile up at Graphite India junction will extend all the way to Kundalahalli rendering the flyover useless.
I slightly disagree. This flyover will be very useful and more beneficial to those residing at BEML/AECS layout, Brookefields, Thubarhalli, Siddapura, Whitefield etc. However, I agree that this will cause increase in traffic pile up at graphite. But total time taken will be lesser as Kundalahalli gate will become free left .
Old 20th July 2014, 04:04   #6307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
I slightly disagree. This flyover will be very useful and more beneficial to those residing at BEML/AECS layout, Brookefields, Thubarhalli, Siddapura, Whitefield etc. However, I agree that this will cause increase in traffic pile up at graphite. But total time taken will be lesser as Kundalahalli gate will become free left .
But till such time the proposed flyover is completed, travel to Whitefiedl, ITPL via kundalahalli gate will be nothing short of hell.
Old 20th July 2014, 07:46   #6308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Sometimes I have my share of sadistic fun on Hosur road, beyond Bommanahalli signal.
Did you notice that after the Garvebhavi palya service lane entry was closed(on one side) the choking at Kudlu Gate and GB palya signals is not happening?
Old 20th July 2014, 07:47   #6309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
But till such time the proposed flyover is completed, travel to Whitefiedl, ITPL via kundalahalli gate will be nothing short of hell.
No doubt about it till they complete construction which I assume between 2 to 3 years if everything goes well. Of course, no pain no gain .
Old 20th July 2014, 11:45   #6310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No doubt about it till they complete construction which I assume between 2 to 3 years if everything goes well. Of course, no pain no gain .
I think the city administration has improved a bit over the years. The 4 lane flyover across railway line on Sarjapur road (near Decalthon) was completed in less than a year, although the target was 18 months. But they did not repair the alternative roads which were pretty bad when construction began. By the time the construction of the flyover ended, the alternative roads were unusable.

Authorities will repeat the same mistake whenever they start constructing new flyovers.
Old 20th July 2014, 12:29   #6311
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///////M7 View Post
It does not matter if you built 10 lane highways, these guys will still
drive like idiots. Unless, the society and its people has some form of self
discipline, its no use making a hundred different laws.
As a Bangalorean, I've to agree with you completely. Our society needs people to have self discipline and cops must stop collecting "fines without bill."(as he did with my friend)

This is more disturbing for the children on the road. When they see these people driving like this, they accept that it's a normal practice. So, maybe 4-5 years down the lane, when they get their license, they will continue to drive without discipline. And the cycle will continue without a check.
Old 20th July 2014, 12:40   #6312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Did you notice that after the Garvebhavi palya service lane entry was closed(on one side) the choking at Kudlu Gate and GB palya signals is not happening?
The junctions are far better with that. But the entry/exit points for the service lane cause clogging. There are few regular cops at these junctions who proactively walk up to the hot spots and regulate traffic. I appreciate their efforts.
Old 20th July 2014, 13:13   #6313
BHPian

Quote:
Instead of the flyover. if they knock down 5 -7 shops at the turnings near Kundalahalli gate especially while going from old airport road to Graphite will help in clearing the traffic to ITPL.

Once Star Bazar comes up at Kundalahalli gate it will be a nightmare.
Old 21st July 2014, 14:31   #6314
Senior - BHPian

Joke of the day:

About 7.15 AM. I am driving on Sarjapur road from Kodathi to Kannalli. The road is pretty much empty, as it is early even for school buses. It's a 4 lane road with a divider. Divider has some bushes.

As I am gaining pace just after crossing the railway flyover, I spot some stick kind of thing flying from the right side of the road to the left. I panic and brake hard and stop. Then I realise what is going on: a newspaper boy sitting on his Luna on the other side of the road (oncoming side for me), had just thrown a newspaper to a business on my left side! I hadn't spotted him because he was hidden by the bushes. He probably didn't even bother to see if there are vehicles coming on the other side.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 17:39   #6315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post

Once Star Bazar comes up at Kundalahalli gate it will be a nightmare.
Same situation as that of Mantri mall on Sampige road malleswram.

Most Viewed