Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2014, 10:29   #6481
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
I guess the worst is yet to come. Try going towards Majestic side in the evening. It will be a totally chaotic situation well past midnight as well.
and the knock on effect meant Richmond Road was jam packed
Old 28th August 2014, 18:10   #6482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Heck I cant believe this is the same road leading to ITPL and a few other tech parks where some of the top companies in the world operate from .
Couldnt resist posting this here

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_315312896202678.jpeg
rjstyles69 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 21:48   #6483
Senior - BHPian

Got this on face book, very true
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-10636114_708325295882342_183372429674363729_n.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 10:07   #6484
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Couldnt resist posting this here
Whitefield - it has roads like the desert/mountainous terrains in some of the old western movies - Undoubtedly the worst in terms of infrastructure in and around an IT hub in Bangalore and elsewhere!
Last couple of days I'm seeing work on maintenance of the plants on the median, some pruning, cleaning work going on. Hope the next step will be actual work on the roads themselves, and not just another 'beautification' drive
The ITPL road has been as wide as it is today since ages, probably 20 years at least and in the meantime other real-estate and vehicular traffic must have increased at least 10x times!!!
Old 29th August 2014, 11:25   #6485
Senior - BHPian

Narayan Murthy & Co forced the Govt and got the toll way to electronic city done. Not sure why anyone in ITPL is not bothered about roads leading to it. Other than here and people complaining while talking with each other have not seen anyone make it a big issue in the media.

We quietly suffer and complain among ourselves. What if all the employees come to the road and protest just for once one single day? Why not take protest to the MLA or MP of the area?

Having stayed in Rajajinagar and Vijayanagar, people there dont take it for too long and suffer. Things are brought to the notice of politicians and some action does happen. These newer areas have no one thinking its their area.

Thank god I dont have to use any of these areas everyday

Last edited by srishiva : 29th August 2014 at 11:26.
Old 29th August 2014, 11:44   #6486
BHPian

Absolute Bliss!!

No other words to describe the calm and serene atmosphere on the roads. A commute taking me close to 1hr 45 mins was completed in less than an hour with ease!!
Can't we give alternate holidays to every company so that everyone can enjoy the moment and not vent their frustration on the other drivers
Old 29th August 2014, 19:02   #6487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
Absolute Bliss!!

No other words to describe the calm and serene atmosphere on the roads. A commute taking me close to 1hr 45 mins was completed in less than an hour with ease!!
Can't we give alternate holidays to every company so that everyone can enjoy the moment and not vent their frustration on the other drivers
+1 to that. Riding to office was pure bliss, I could feel the Ninja thanking me for allowing it move to higher RPMs in city traffic. Never really thought it would be this empty, tbh. And we didnt even have a mandatory off, just an optional one.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 19:14   #6488
BHPian

Very sad to see BHPians breaking traffic rules and causing jams.

This incident occurred on Aug 27th morning. A red figo with Team-BHP URL sticker overtook me queued in a 200m long jam at the Hoodi cirle traffic signal - driving in the wrong lane. Worst to come - the desperate driver enters the wrong lane on the other side of divider too.

I had the first hand experience of how traffic jams are caused by morons - the literate ones.

- The BHPian entering wrong side instead of waiting an extra minute -

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1tbhp.jpg

- Courageous; even after seeing oncoming traffic.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-2tbhp.jpg

- What follows is a very common scene in Bangalore and rants about it from the 'civilized society'

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-3tbhp.jpg

I wish this could be a separate thread to bring such culprits to light.

Last edited by pahwa : 29th August 2014 at 19:16. Reason: Added pics
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 07:59   #6489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
- What follows is a very common scene in Bangalore and rants about it from the 'civilized society'
If you ask the bangalore public, they have one answer. WHO HAS GOT THE PATIENCE TO WAIT IN A SIGNAL. Life has become so dynamic that people go to the extent of flouting anything to reach their destination.
Old 30th August 2014, 09:24   #6490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
If you ask the bangalore public, they have one answer. WHO HAS GOT THE PATIENCE TO WAIT IN A SIGNAL. Life has become so dynamic that people go to the extent of flouting anything to reach their destination.
I suppose when you are doing 9-11 hours at the office and 2-hour commutes at either end of it, you might end up cutting corners to shave off a few minutes here or there.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 10:22   #6491
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I suppose when you are doing 9-11 hours at the office and 2-hour commutes at either end of it, you might end up cutting corners to shave off a few minutes here or there.
Logical as it may sound, it's plain simple illegal. What about all the other patient folks on the road who follow the rules ? Why should these so-called 'overworked' impatient goons make the innocent and patient people suffer ?
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 10:25   #6492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post

I wish this could be a separate thread to bring such culprits to light.
Please upload the picture to this page : http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...icEyePost.aspx

I've heard this is a very effective tool given by BTP.
You've got the proper evidence to make sure at least this person regrets their decision to "cut corners"

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I'm sorry, I have to diagree with you. Nothing can be a reason to do such things on public roads. Most of us are doing 9-11 hours, and imagine the situation where all such people "cut corners".
Horizon81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 11:07   #6493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Most of us are doing 9-11 hours, and imagine the situation where all such people "cut corners".
I don't have to imagine it. I live in Bangalore. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Logical as it may sound, it's plain simple illegal. What about all the other patient folks on the road who follow the rules ? Why should these so-called 'overworked' impatient goons make the innocent and patient people suffer ?
I was not justifying anything. My post was just an expression of enlightenment ("Ah! That at least part-explains the lawlessness on Bangalore's roads!").

Last edited by binand : 30th August 2014 at 11:13.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 12:24   #6494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Please upload the picture to this page : http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...icEyePost.aspx
The problem is the TN number, BTP cant do anything other than forwarding this to RTO and ask for the LTT as a retaliation.
::CMS:: is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 13:06   #6495
Team-BHP Support

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
The problem is the TN number, BTP cant do anything other than forwarding this to RTO and ask for the LTT as a retaliation.

Are you suggesting that all cars with KA number plates are driving perfect?

Can provide a thousand examples if you want. I daily see atleast a dozen cases of vehicles taking the wrong side of the divider. Number plates, local/ foreigner, even gender is not a discriminating factor here. Human nature is! Some people just don't have the patience to wait 5 minutes for the proper way to do things. You can see this attitude in all sort of queues, even for simple things like a food court.

I have a TN board car in Bangalore (LTT paid) and I put an extra effort to stick to the rules just because of my TN board. I know it's easy to spot that I am an outsider and hence I prefer to be more careful with the way I drive. Sticking to the rules is a personal responsibility and is not a tool to make BTP happy about my case.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th August 2014 at 13:08.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks