Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 00:05   #6586
BHPian

Wanted to see how well the monster speed humps on The stretch between hsr flyover to Agara fly over have been tamed so drove through there an hour ago. Besides the tamed speed humps being sorted can you believe the entire stretch was lit up as bright as day! Never seen all those street lights on ever!! : clap
KevinP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 08:04   #6587
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Appreciating how well the humps were re-done, I was able to climb and go over the humps at Mantri and IOC in 3rd Gear !!

Shows that BDA/BBMP/BTP do know how a well designed hump should be.
Just that the executor had his brains in his knees, or may be some extra tar hidden in his pocket, which he didn't want to use, or may use it in his house.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 09:59   #6588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Shows that BDA/BBMP/BTP do know how a well designed hump should be.
Just that the executor had his brains in his knees, or may be some extra tar hidden in his pocket, which he didn't want to use, or may use it in his house.
I think all BDA officials should be sent to Tirupati to check out how the humps are to be laid. Recently when I had been there, not even once I came across a unscientific hump

Wish all humps in Bangalore is transformed in a scientific way and public friendly.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 10:02   #6589
BHPian

Huge traffic jam at Konappana Agrahara signal near Electronics City. The pile up of vehicles extend to at least 1km on both sides of the signal. I commute daily between Manipal County road and Electronics City. I take the service road on the right side (while going towards Hosur) and thankfully the service roads were much less congested today at Hosa road and Konappana Agrahara. But I wasn't so lucky. Since the traffic jam on the main road extends till the elevated highway toll booth on Hosur road, people started taking the service road from there itself and caused a mini jam at NTTF junction. Lost around 20 minutes there.

In between, a moron beat driver banged me on my rear bumper. Checked the damages after reaching office and relieved to see there wasn't any scratch.
Old 12th September 2014, 10:19   #6590
BHPian

Mahadevpura road from Shell Petrol Pump to Brigade Metropolis has be super clogged over the last 4 days, in Whitefield. Don't know what's the reason for it? I've seen more BMTC buses on this road than there ever were, maybe they've increased the frequency of buses on this route. Anyone knows anything?

And co-incidentally, the traffic at Graphite Signal has thinned down in the last 4 days. Those 2 cops at this signal are doing a great job. God knows what will happen when they begin the Metro work.
Old 12th September 2014, 10:53   #6591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardanto View Post
I take the service road on the right side (while going towards Hosur)

the elevated highway toll booth on Hosur road, people started taking the service road from there itself and caused a mini jam at NTTF junction
I don't think that service road is open for two-way traffic all the way; in fact the exit ramp of NICE road towards Bangalore has clear "no right turn" boards when joining the service road.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 10:53   #6592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
*SNIP* On another note, appreciate the noble soul who tarred the road between the down foot of Intel Flyover till Kadibisenahalli Undepass start towards Marathalli. Silky smooth ride.
Careful Sowmya, they might suddenly put an invisible back-breaker there too one fine night!

Cheers
Old 12th September 2014, 10:59   #6593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Careful Sowmya, they might suddenly put an invisible back-breaker there too one fine night!
Cheers
Ohh, you are late mate. They are already one step ahead of us

They already have built an umarked mini speed hump, 100 mts from the foot of the downramp of the Intel flyover. And that hump is enough to bump off your car seat for a second.
Old 12th September 2014, 11:23   #6594
Distinguished - BHPian

Why don't these RTOs place themselves near signals or speed breakers or potholes or in a safer location to stop these Non-KA registered vehicles? A few days back, they were near IIMB on Bannerghatta road, which is a straight stretch with vehicles doing around 40-60 on an average and these guys just jump in front of the Non-KA vehicles making everyone to brake suddenly.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-snap1.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-snap2.jpg

Check the other side of the road, a swift stopped on the right/fast lane with vehicles behind it,

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-snap3.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-snap4.jpg

By the way, I am totally against this drive/harassment by RTOs against Non-KA vehicles.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 11:29   #6595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
just jump in front of the Non-KA vehicles making everyone to brake suddenly.
Even the traffic police do the same when catching speeding vehicles. I see that in front of my house every day.
In fact, a scary thing happened a couple of days back when my wife was driving. The traffic police wanted to stop a speeding scorpio behind our car. So suddenly he decides to jump in front of our car to make the scorpio stop since he was not sure if the scorpio guy would stop. The scorpio guy could easily have rear ended us if he looking to get away and not paying attention to the vehicle in front of him slowing down.

Quote:
Huge traffic jam at Konappana Agrahara signal near Electronics City.
This junction is a case study on how not to design intersections on a highway. Imagine the number of permutations and combinations involved with 2 main carriageways, 4 2-way service roads, one cross road and NICE road joining at the exact same spot controlled by 3 signals.

When you are the junction you never know from which direction a vehicle would come even if the signal is green for you

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th September 2014 at 11:46. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time.
Old 12th September 2014, 12:44   #6596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Mahadevpura road from Shell Petrol Pump to Brigade Metropolis has be super clogged over the last 4 days, in Whitefield. Don't know what's the reason for it?
I was a victim of it today. Have been starting before 08:20 pm the last two days and the usual bottlenecks would be after Brigade Metropolis and before K R Puram station. Today was a tad late, and was stuck in a huge line just after KPTCL campus. Took me 30 mins to cross the mess at Brigade Metropolis. Was expecting a broken down bus near the Whitefield Honda Service before Brigade Metropolis. But there was none. It was just vehicles trying to take a right turn towards ITPL, coming from the Garudacharpalya road and also vehicles coming from Brigade, trying to take a "U" turn.Another was vehicles trying to take right turn into the Decathlon Road.

Quote:
And co-incidentally, the traffic at Graphite Signal has thinned down in the last 4 days. Those 2 cops at this signal are doing a great job.
Noticed this too. Earlier I had to wait for 2 rounds of signal change to cross the signal to go towards Hoodi. Invariably it would be 335E or 500C, waiting to take a right towards ITPL in the left lane, thereby blocking the green for people going straight. .

Quote:
God knows what will happen when they begin the Metro work.
There are in fact double worries.
1) Signal Free Corridor which is suppose to go through Kundalahalli -> Graphite India -> ITPL -> Hope Farm
and
2) Metro Work.
Both these two are more likely to meet at Graphite India, unless and until they decide another route for either of these.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 13:37   #6597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
This junction is a case study on how not to design intersections on a highway. Imagine the number of permutations and combinations involved with 2 main carriageways, 4 2-way service roads

When you are the junction you never know from which direction a vehicle would come even if the signal is green for you
They have gone ahead with similar stupid design on ORR also. Junctions below flyovers near Bellandur and Intel office and the road above Kadubeesinahalli are examples of the same.
Old 12th September 2014, 14:29   #6598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I don't think that service road is open for two-way traffic all the way; in fact the exit ramp of NICE road towards Bangalore has clear "no right turn" boards when joining the service road.
Never knew that such a restriction exists. There are no visible sign boards for people driving from Hosa road junction towards Konappana Agrahara. In fact there used to be a traffic cop near the NICE road entry who stops vehicles in the service lane to ease vehicles entering into NICE road from Hosur main road. He used to let/stop vehicles in tandem with the traffic signal at the junction. I have been doing this route for the past two years and it has been like this every time. Some of the days when the cop is absent, people in service lane drive towards E.city blocking vehicles trying to enter NICE road and cause mayhem.
Old 12th September 2014, 17:57   #6599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Quote:
Never knew that such a restriction exists. There are no visible sign boards for people driving from Hosa road junction towards Konappana Agrahara. .... cause mayhem.
it's open for two way traffic. Just that the exit of NICE is not planned in a way to allow for right turn into service lane towards E.city. (Its very narrow U turn. And hence the board) Anything other than small cars might have to make a 3 point turn. Witnessed the struggle of a truck today in the same junction.

Bangalore's junctions = 16X16 permutations + at least 4 bus stops within 50 m. + signal says something + 2 cops sign something else not matching either signal or the other cop.
Vizay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 08:50   #6600
BHPian

A very welcome move. Sadly its coming after loosing precious lives. I have myself witnessed three accidents at this very spot.
Source: Bangalore Mirror
Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 741
Size:  340.8 KB
akshay380 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks