Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2014, 16:26   #6676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
For the past few days, this signal wasn't working. Thankfully it is back on and also saw a cop posted there. Not sure for how many days. It will surely go back to only me stopping at that signal
Aaaand, as I expected, I don't see a cop anymore at that signal. People don't bother stopping at this signal again. Just speed off. Again, I stopped. I was shouted at again today - by a load-auto driver. I didn't budge. He swerved around me and moved off. Somebody should give me an award!

If you want to know the signal - here is the original post explaining where it is - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3434161
Old 24th September 2014, 16:27   #6677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
This remains me of an incident during last year in Old Airport Road. I and few fellow drivers were booked for No Parking in front of Cloudnine hospital as we were entering the hospital one after the other. Even I was photographed with me sitting in the driver seat and driving the car. Later I found the reason for this weird behavior from the hospital management that some VVIP gave an earful to the traffic police for not keeping the traffic moving while he was passing that area.
Sorry I don't have any sympathy for you or the hospital management.Cloud nine and this branch in particular is notorious for this. This facility has very few parking slots and parking is possible only if some one exits the premises. So the queue gets backed up on to busy main road blocking the traffic.
One is coming up in my area as well with no parking at all. I wonder who give permission to such hospitals.

Last edited by poloman : 24th September 2014 at 16:31.
Old 24th September 2014, 16:39   #6678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Sorry I don't have any sympathy for you or the hospital management.Cloud nine and this branch in particular is notorious for this. This facility has very few parking slots and parking is possible only if some one exits the premises.

The entry to parking (and not illegal parking as such) at both Cloud nine and Total mall located opposite is the single most reason for the mess at this area. On Saturday's apart from these two, there is an HDFC bank towards Manipal hospital where people park on footpaths creating a jam.
Old 24th September 2014, 18:28   #6679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cloud nine [...] has very few parking slots and parking is possible only if some one exits the premises. So the queue gets backed up on to busy main road blocking the traffic.

I wonder who give permission to such hospitals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
The entry to parking (and not illegal parking as such) at both Cloud nine and Total mall located opposite is the single most reason for the mess at this area. On Saturday's apart from these two, there is an HDFC bank towards Manipal hospital where people park on footpaths creating a jam.
I don't understand how you can fault Cloud Nine for this. Is there any regulation that says an N-bed hospital must have K parking slots where N & K are related someway?

In my view, at all these three locations the fault lies with the drivers who don't listen to the security guy that parking is full, and you need to move on. People simply stay there, waiting for cars to come out at the other end - so that they can go in. There is ample parking in the vicinity (on the carriageway towards the city, there is the Wind Tunnel Road which has kerbside parking, and on the carriageway towards airport, there are many bylanes towards JB Nagar). But of course, people are loathe to park even a couple of hundred metres away from their final destination - impossible to walk. :-)
Old 24th September 2014, 18:45   #6680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I don't understand how you can fault Cloud Nine for this. Is there any regulation that says an N-bed hospital must have K parking slots where N & K are related someway?

In my view, at all these three locations the fault lies with the drivers who don't listen to the security guy that parking is full, and you need to move on. People simply stay there, waiting for cars to come out at the other end - so that they can go in. There is ample parking in the vicinity (on the carriageway towards the city, there is the Wind Tunnel Road which has kerbside parking, and on the carriageway towards airport, there are many bylanes towards JB Nagar). But of course, people are loathe to park even a couple of hundred metres away from their final destination - impossible to walk. :-)
I hope you were being sarcastic or joking. Come on man, we are talking about a hospital here not a mall or an eatery, where people rush in for emergencies or may need to stay for extended hours. Are you suggesting people in such conditions or frame of mind should run around searching for vacant parking slots in adjacent bylanes. Imagine what would happen if big hospitals like Manipal start thinking on same lines.
I have stayed in this area and to get a parking lot in the places you mentioned is really tough.
Old 24th September 2014, 18:51   #6681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope you were being sarcastic or joking. Come on man, we are talking about a hospital here not a mall or an eatery, where people rush in for emergencies or may need to stay for extended hours.
I wasn't. Most hospitals have separate, dedicated parking for doctors and for in-patients. The chaos here is caused by visitors of patients.

Cloud Nine also offers valet parking, which people are reluctant to take (takes time for the valet to bring the car back).
Old 24th September 2014, 20:13   #6682
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Took me 2 hours to reach home from Whitefield this evening.
Started from office at 5:15pm, took the Devasandra route which was fine till I reached the Hanging bridge around 5:40pm. From there it was crawling traffic till the ORR up ramp (it was completely jammed) and this stretch took more than an hour Luckily I did not have to take ORR and just continued straight towards Indiranagar. And even more luckily I had a friend for company to talk to.
Old 24th September 2014, 20:34   #6683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
... till I reached the Hanging bridge around 5:40pm. From there it was crawling traffic till the ORR up ramp (it was completely jammed) and this stretch took more than an hour
My wife came from the other side of ORR and she reported an accident (happened sometime ~5) on the other lane (KR Puram -> Horamavu) involving a Fortuner and a sedan (damaged badly). That must have caused the jam you suffered from.
kousik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 20:37   #6684
Senior - BHPian

Horrible traffic in the Whitefield area today. Took me an hour and half to reach home from ORR, Doddanakundi.
Old 24th September 2014, 23:13   #6685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Horrible traffic in the Whitefield area today. Took me an hour and half to reach home from ORR, Doddanakundi.
Incessant rains and water logging on roads? It seems areas like Whitefield and Hoody got around 30-40cm of rains in an hour .
Old 24th September 2014, 23:36   #6686
Senior - BHPian

I, for a change had a great time on the road taking out the car today! Early morning drive was a breeze, probably due to Mahalaya Amavasya and thus lesser traffic on the road.

It was raining all evening at Elec City, now thanks to the car I reached home nice and dry
Old 25th September 2014, 08:05   #6687
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
It seems areas like Whitefield and Hoody got around 30-40cm of rains in an hour
Guess you meant mm not cm - that's the kind of rain a place can receive in months
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 10:50   #6688
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry I don't have any sympathy for you or the hospital management.
I want to draw your attention that we were booked for NO Parking while entering the premises. The entering is slow not because we were waiting for valet parking, it was because the gate is small and can only allow one car to pass either way. Also most of the public/private buildings is built near the brim of the road and hardly gives any space to negotiate the entry/exit. Secondly it was not the usual practice to book slow entry into a building for NO parking, the traffic police were dancing to whim and fancies of some VIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I wasn't. Most hospitals have separate, dedicated parking for doctors and for in-patients. The chaos here is caused by visitors of patients.

Cloud Nine also offers valet parking, which people are reluctant to take (takes time for the valet to bring the car back).
Yes, I was taking valet parking always and I agree when the influx of vehicles are large, they dont have the holding area and it spills over to the road. It is not just the visitors, out patients also needs to be considered. And this being a maternity hospital, it is difficult to handle patients when the parking is not nearby. The valet parking comes in handy considering these situations.
Old 25th September 2014, 11:15   #6689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Luckily I did not have to take ORR and just continued straight towards Indiranagar.
I started around 430pm. I work at Itpl. Had a clear road though I take the much longer route to Krpuram, via kadugodi, old madras road highway. The highway run was scary. Rain drops felt like they were pricking my hands so I had to reduce speed. I was on a motorcycle and duck backed.

I did notice the slow movement of traffic leading to the ORR bridge as I was coming down the krpuram hanging bridge. I thought it was water logging at the other end of the ORR bridge. As I was continuing on old madras road, moving towards the left lane from the krpuram bridge was slow. Traffic moved well after this point. Managed to get home in 50min which is not bad considering the heavy downpour.

Yesterdays down pour was bad. I don't think we had it so heavy during the monsoon season.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 25th September 2014 at 11:18.
Old 25th September 2014, 19:21   #6690
Senior - BHPian

Good news for folks who use Old Madras Rd. Here is a plan to do short term improvements to the stretch from Gurdwara, Ulsoor to KR Puram station. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxjd...pli=1&sle=true

Not sure if and when it will be taken up but I'm glad to see that there is some scientific methodology being used to speed things up. Cheers!!!
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks