Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2014, 19:05   #6811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Hosa road signal ( Hosur road ) has a long queue in both the sides- this was about 20 minutes back.
Old 15th October 2014, 19:08   #6812
BHPian

My office is on the Total Mall/EMC junction (Sigh!) I can see through the window the traffic from Marathahalli to KR-Puram side is relatively normal at this point in time. BTP might have cleared the bus or the Jam might be much before the railway overbridge and the traffic is trickling down after the jam.
Old 15th October 2014, 19:11   #6813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque View Post
My office is on the Total Mall/EMC junction (Sigh!) I can see through the window the traffic from Marathahalli to KR-Puram side is relatively normal at this point in time. BTP might have cleared the bus or the Jam might be much before the railway overbridge and the traffic is trickling down after the jam.
Tell me about it, I stay right next to the signal and always check with the family before I head out from work how the traffic is at that place so that I can plan accordingly. That signal has become a big mess and I do not know when they would build the flyover, which when it is started, is going to be one more mess.

The two traffic men who man the junction, deserve a special praise for the way they manage it. But for them, it would be more crazier.
Old 15th October 2014, 19:53   #6814
BHPian

Live update - Kadubeesnahalli above the underpass and to Panathur road both side is stand still from 7.15pm. Now slowly started moving.
Old 15th October 2014, 20:04   #6815
BHPian

My wife had reached Kadubeesanahally at 5.45pm, and then SpiceGarden at 8pm (hardly 4km)

Traffic Jam continues beyond ISRO Turn towards KR Puram.

Last edited by Twiny : 15th October 2014 at 20:16.
Old 15th October 2014, 20:31   #6816
BHPian

Had a relatively traffic free commute from office. The stretch between Prestige Shantiniketan and K.R.Puram via Hoodi took only 20 minutes. Mind you, it usually takes upwards of an hour to cross this stretch on normal days. Reached home 30 mins sooner than usual.
Old 15th October 2014, 21:16   #6817
BHPian

Looks like "The jam" isn't dispersing. And there seems to be another accident.
Attached Images

Old 15th October 2014, 23:54   #6818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
A colleague just reported: Huge traffic on ORR from Marathahlly Multiplex to eMC/Total Mall, due to an AC bus malfunction.
Had a horrible time today. Commuting from electronic city towards whitefield around 10 in the night. The traffic was moving inch by inch from eco space till Isro site. I will never take this route again, I'll go via varthur.
Old 16th October 2014, 09:35   #6819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Had a horrible time today. Commuting from electronic city towards whitefield around 10 in the night. The traffic was moving inch by inch from eco space till Isro site. I will never take this route again, I'll go via varthur.
Took me 30 minutes to travel between JP Morgan signal to innovative multiplex. Saw 3 BMTC volvos enroute stranded. One before the marthalli under pass another after it near kalamandir and another at isro. Was a crazy day. Should have stayed at home.
Old 16th October 2014, 11:05   #6820
BHPian

^^^ Seeing a lot of Volvos either broken down or in Limp mode. It seems BMTC is not doing periodic maintenance and letting it to break down to do the repairs. My wife is a regular traveler on 500D and she complaints often of either the bus being too noisy, ac not working, on limp mode, so on...
Old 16th October 2014, 11:07   #6821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
The two traffic men who man the junction, deserve a special praise for the way they manage it. But for them, it would be more crazier.
I agree. A few of us in office were thinking of giving a small gift like a good branded pair polarized sunglasses for those poor souls. I think its one of the most unforgiving junction that BTP has to man on the whole ORR right now.
Haque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 11:37   #6822
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

There is a broken down bus opposite to Brigade Metropolis, just before Hoodi junction. The traffic build up caused because of this is stretching till K.R.Puram

Edit: Traffic police are at the location and are trying to move the bus.

Last edited by satan's_valet : 16th October 2014 at 11:41.
Old 16th October 2014, 11:41   #6823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque View Post
I agree. A few of us in office were thinking of giving a small gift like a good branded pair polarized sunglasses for those poor souls. I think its one of the most unforgiving junction that BTP has to man on the whole ORR right now.
That is a novel idea, i was also thinking something on the similar lines.
Old 16th October 2014, 12:17   #6824
BHPian

Was a witness of the Huge traffic Jam at ORR yesterday evening. Partially lucky, since I was in BMTC Volvo.
Left my car for some body work in Trend in Hosur Road and was heading home.
Took the 500 series bus toward ITPL. Boarded the Bus at 06:25 PM at Silk Board.
At 06:45PM we were in flyover opposite to Passport Office. The Jam started from there. Was able to see that the traffic was piled up even beyond the U turn opposite to ISRO

By the time the bus took the U Turn towards Marathahalli it was 08:10 PM. Reached home by 08:30 PM.
One of the worst days again.
Old 16th October 2014, 12:21   #6825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
^^^ Seeing a lot of Volvos either broken down or in Limp mode. It seems BMTC is not doing periodic maintenance and letting it to break down to do the repairs. My wife is a regular traveler on 500D and she complaints often of either the bus being too noisy, ac not working, on limp mode, so on...
Once when travelling on 500C volvo, took a peek at the drivers console when I was about to get down. Saw "Caution, Brakes failed" message. Couldnt click a pic of this as I was about to get down. Thankfully, the bus stopped fine. So, are such messages to be ignored???

Last edited by glenmz : 16th October 2014 at 12:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks