Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2014, 13:40   #6826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Once when travelling on 500C volvo, took a peek at the drivers console when I was about to get down. Saw "Caution, Brakes failed" message. Couldnt click a pic of this as I was about to get down. Thankfully, the bus stopped fine. So, are such messages to be ignored???
BMTC is not at all bothered about bus maintenance. The volvo fleet is predominantly used for Manyata Tech Park and GE. They make substantial money out of it. Plus they charge higher fares from the regular commuters. What else they need.
Old 16th October 2014, 13:58   #6827
Team-BHP Support

Do BMTC even have a maintenance department? If the condition of their buses is any indication, I guess not. They apparently take the 'fill it, shut it, forget it' adage a bit too literally.
Old 16th October 2014, 14:20   #6828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
That is a novel idea, i was also thinking something on the similar lines.
+1 to the idea. I am not saying that Police would become a clean department* when we do this, but such small actions would perhaps make the BTP officer's day a little better.

At the BEML Gate Jn (on Suranjan Das Road) there was this police man nick named Singham. He became so popular with the crowd there, that he was gifted with IPL tickets. Some body had figured out that Singham was a cricket fan. He is originally from Mysore, and coming from a very average family.

* I don't think police any where in the world is super-clean in all respects. We may say foreign police forces are better, but they too have their own pit-falls, corruption and high handedness.
Old 16th October 2014, 14:28   #6829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Once when travelling on 500C volvo, took a peek at the drivers console when I was about to get down. Saw "Caution, Brakes failed" message. Couldnt click a pic of this as I was about to get down. Thankfully, the bus stopped fine. So, are such messages to be ignored???

I have seen this many times too. But its actually "Check brakes at next stop" which means that the main braking system EBS has failed and the bus is running on a backup system. The drivers don't seem to care about it. I have also seen many errors related to the lighting control system, retarder and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Do BMTC even have a maintenance department? If the condition of their buses is any indication, I guess not. They apparently take the 'fill it, shut it, forget it' adage a bit too literally.
Unfortunately that is true. They think that Volvos are just the same as any other non AC bus and use the same principles with Volvo buses too which lead to breakdowns these days. There is just no preventive maintenance, the spare parts used are from aftermarket suppliers whose quality is trash, and the repairs are carried out by people used to AL and TATA buses. They cant even fit a window panel properly on a volvo, wonder what they can do with the complex electronics and the engine.

When such people work on these buses, the result is obviously break downs. That too since the Volvo fleet is ageing now, lack of maintenance will lead to all kinds of issues. End of the day, the BMTC will be stupid enough to claim that volvos are difficult to maintain, and scrap these buses.

New buses are under AMC from Volvo for certain period in which they're maintained really well, but once these morons lay their hands in the BMTC workshop, the buses die a slow death

Old 16th October 2014, 18:28   #6830
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Started back little earlier than usual this evening so took the Mahadevapura-KR Puram route instead of regular route via Hoodi-Devasandra.

The patchwork that was hurriedly done recently to cover the 4-5 feet of tarmac from the pavement (portion that was dug up months ago for pipe laying) is caving in and showing signs of its true quality - just after Bhoruka signal (coming towards KR Puram) and near Brigade Metropolis there are sections where it has caved in and is like the sand ruts of Dhanushkodi, albeit one track only unlike the 2 parallel ones there!

At this rate, our Bangalore roads may soon become like Dhanushkodi with such man-made disasters
Old 16th October 2014, 22:28   #6831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Started back little earlier than usual this evening so took the Mahadevapura-KR Puram route instead of regular route via Hoodi-Devasandra.

The patchwork that was hurriedly done recently to cover the 4-5 feet of tarmac from the pavement (portion that was dug up months ago for pipe laying) is caving in and showing signs of its true quality - just after Bhoruka signal (coming towards KR Puram) and near Brigade Metropolis there are sections where it has caved in and is like the sand ruts of Dhanushkodi, albeit one track only unlike the 2 parallel ones there!

At this rate, our Bangalore roads may soon become like Dhanushkodi with such man-made disasters
BBMP has forgotten the art of laying a road / patchwork. Recently when Modi came to bangalore, they started patching up the roads even when it was raining. Utter nonsense to say the least.
Old 16th October 2014, 22:41   #6832
BHPian

Navigating the Ulsoor Lake and the nearby areas is quickly turning into an ordeal. There is a massive hole on Assaye Road today, with 2 helpless cops directing traffic around it. Traffic was backed up all the way until the Lakeside Hospital circle near Ulsoor Lake.

Further down Assaye Road and near Cox Town market, a neighborhood festival has conveniently dug up roads to put up massive lit hoardings.

Fingers crossed that the rains will stay away until this mess is cleaned up - talk about hazards!
Old 18th October 2014, 11:43   #6833
Senior - BHPian

Advance warning.. Folks planning to use the Hosur Road, Koramangala Inner Ring Road and Air Port road. Certain VIP would be leaving from Parappana Agrahara to HAL Airport, in the afternoon. There would be diversion/stoppage of traffic.
Old 18th October 2014, 12:01   #6834
BHPian

At present Marathahally-Kundanahally Flyover(RoB) is jam packed and slow moving towards both sides.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 13:07   #6835
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Navigating the Ulsoor Lake and the nearby areas is quickly turning into an ordeal.
The stretch on Kensignton Park road close to the MEG gate is also horribly patched and there is also one place near the Salarpuria Apartment/Corporation Swimming Pool where the road has caved in!
This road was actually in great condition last year till our friends in BWSSB decided to do some work, patch it up and wreak havoc, sadistic chaps
Old 18th October 2014, 22:46   #6836
Senior - BHPian

Couple of updates on today's traffic situation in Bangalore:

1. Sony Center Signal in Koramangala was manually controlled by cops due to the so called officials supporting 65 Crore burglar travelling to HAL from Hosur on this way, and the pile up on all 4 sides were close to a km.

2. Due to rains in the evening huge pile up everywhere in surroundings of BEL & Vidyaranyapura. The stretch connecting Yelahanka Airforce station and Jalahalli Cross was jam packed, though I am not sure what was the reason as I took a U-turn and came via Mathikere. But unfortunately my luck had something else for me, traffic was piled up from Ring road junction till the IISC signal near Yeshwanthpur

I am seriously not able to understand the cause for these traffic piles up when it rains in Bangalore. And we can't blame BTP because they can't be everywhere and also it is difficult to get all this right when we have so many illiterate literates in our country.
Old 18th October 2014, 22:58   #6837
BHPian

Bellandur flyover strikes again. Indica(b) climbed side railing. Same spot as previous accidents. Both front and back wheels are beyond the start of the railing suggesting the speed it travelled. Traffic piling up and many onlookers were taking pictures.

Vroom...
DmC.
drivingme.crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 11:44   #6838
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Couple of updates on today's traffic situation in Bangalore:

1. Sony Center Signal in Koramangala was manually controlled by cops due to the so called officials supporting 65 Crore burglar travelling to HAL from Hosur on this way, and the pile up on all 4 sides were close to a km.
I am seriously not able to understand the cause for these traffic piles up when it rains in Bangalore. And we can't blame BTP because they can't be everywhere and also it is difficult to get all this right when we have so many illiterate literates in our country.
I was caught in a slow motion drive from Sarjapur Road junction to Sony world signal, took about 45 minutes last evening.
I thought this was due to the rain but looks like it was the "VIP" mom traveling!

Oh .. And the roads around Outer ring road, Sarjapur road, Haralur were like streams/rivulets.

Last edited by NPV : 19th October 2014 at 11:46.
Old 20th October 2014, 00:08   #6839
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a truck brake down at start of flyover near Eco space Bellandur on ORR. From the look of it I dont think it is going to be fixed before tomorrow morning. Be prepared for a traffic jam tomorrow morning.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 07:33   #6840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
There is a truck brake down at start of flyover near Eco space Bellandur on ORR. From the look of it I dont think it is going to be fixed before tomorrow morning. Be prepared for a traffic jam tomorrow morning.
Yes its still parked there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks