Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 17:02   #676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Huh, Amitoj, let me know beforehand if you are in such a mood, I'll either avoid the road or block the road till you calm down he he..
Kaushik, I am always on the lookout for a baleno with white alloys, so that i can switch to best behaviour mode
Old 13th June 2009, 10:00   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Wanna see what cops do?
Attachment 147006

Watch out the sumo which is blocking the other side of the road. You can see cops with bike just behind him. Did the sumo driver cared for them? I doubt...
I guess this is the Brookefield main road leading to ITPL just before the signal .. Boy ...they are not the cops, they are the company security guards ... Little they can do about that .. Sometimes you can see some firangis (foreigners) also wearing the same dress and trying to control traffic but with little success ... At the least I appreciate their efforts in a loosing battle.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:10   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
This is my confession for the day. I drove like a man possessed today for no apparent reason. Tailgated a scorpio till he gave way (thanks if u r reading this), pushed a few bikers here n there, yelled at a cabbie driving in the middle of the road talking on cellphone, cut across a maroon wagonR from left when he didnt give way from right, overtook an innova with a banged up back with tbhp sticker on it in a narrow JP Ngr lane, and must have scared countless people by driving up real close and blasting my horn.
So there. If anyone wants to rant about a silver colored OHC with dark tints spoiling their morning, you know where to let ur rant out.
You bet!! Now I know who my friend was ranting about yesterday. Innova with Tbhp sticker should be his's probably as I only gave him the stickers and his innova's back is banged up as well. The expletives he used, I dont want to mention here.

Nainar
Old 15th June 2009, 11:20   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
You bet!! Now I know who my friend was ranting about yesterday. Innova with Tbhp sticker should be his's probably as I only gave him the stickers and his innova's back is banged up as well. The expletives he used, I dont want to mention here.

Nainar
LOL. Convey my apologies to him.
I have now got hold of some good new music that might just be of some help to me. Today was a better day thanks to that.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:28   #680
BHPian

Quote:
LOL. Convey my apologies to him.
I have now got hold of some good new music that might just be of some help to me. Today was a better day thanks to that.
The impression I have from your posts is that you are a person who is particular about driving well and following rules.

So, just out of curiosity, any particular reason for driving the way you did? Emergency, angry/upset about something? Or, like you said, were you actually possessed that day?
Old 15th June 2009, 13:51   #681
BHPian

The chaos in Old Madras Road keeps increasing by the minute.
On a Saturday afternoon, it took me a whole 90 minutes to get to the Ulsoor side from HAL Junction on the OMR. Thanks to the never-ending road-digging and metro work.
And please stay away from taking the road via Ulsoor police station to Trinity Circle, the road would put the Moon to shame when it comes to craters.
Old 19th June 2009, 09:13   #682
BHPian

Road Rage

Road Rage: Why We Lose It | LiveScience
Old 25th June 2009, 11:29   #683
Senior - BHPian

I have GOT to rant about the silly security check of 4 wheelers at EGL entrance. These guys dont even know what they are supposed to look for. Just because they want to do a customary check, there is every day a long line of people waiting to get to work. The security check involves:
1. Placing a mirror under the car's front. Duh! Is that the only place???
2. Opening and closing the boot. I have a sub. Do they know what can be inside that? And since my boot has padding inside it, its heavy and they merrily slam it down.
This whole exercise in futility is just plain exasperating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
The impression I have from your posts is that you are a person who is particular about driving well and following rules.

So, just out of curiosity, any particular reason for driving the way you did? Emergency, angry/upset about something? Or, like you said, were you actually possessed that day?
Why thank you! But i dont deserve that impression, really. My normal driving style involves an above average traffic speed. But that day i was rude about it too. Hence the special mention.
Old 25th June 2009, 11:50   #684
BANNED

Quote:
I have GOT to rant about the silly security check of 4 wheelers at EGL entrance.
You atleast work there. I just pass through...LOL.

I did ask one of the guys what they look for with the mirror. He replied any box with wires!!!!!

Aur usse kya pata chalega?

Phir senior ko bulayanga.

To pura din yahi challu rehta hai?

Nahi sir, agar senior nahi ho to sticker dekha chod deta hai.

So early morning and later in the evening when the senior is around expect to be stopped.
Old 25th June 2009, 11:51   #685
BHPian

Talking about traffic and sense, not sure how many take the flyover from near corporation towards mysore road (over the market). Countless autos and slow moving maruti vans are such a pain on the ramp-up and all the way on this flyover.

What makes matters worse is the pile up of traffic just before getting off the flyover, thanks to the signal or a cop trying to man traffic! Pile up of vehicles on the flyover is not at all advisable. The structure itself vibrates and it can be very well felt in the car as well. I wonder if the traffic police are aware of the consequences of such constant pile ups on the flyover structure.
Old 25th June 2009, 11:58   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You atleast work there. I just pass through...LOL.

I did ask one of the guys what they look for with the mirror. He replied any box with wires!!!!!

Aur usse kya pata chalega?

Phir senior ko bulayanga.

To pura din yahi challu rehta hai?

Nahi sir, agar senior nahi ho to sticker dekha chod deta hai.

So early morning and later in the evening when the senior is around expect to be stopped.

Hahaha... any box with wires!!! What is this? An 80s movie???
Old 25th June 2009, 12:09   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
I guess this is the Brookefield main road leading to ITPL just before the signal .. Boy ...they are not the cops, they are the company security guards ... Little they can do about that .. Sometimes you can see some firangis (foreigners) also wearing the same dress and trying to control traffic but with little success ... At the least I appreciate their efforts in a loosing battle.
Yes its the same place.

There are security guards in those fluroscent jacket. but just look behind them. There are cops - with thsoe famous white pulsor, busy in "regular" duty...
Old 25th June 2009, 12:48   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Placing a mirror under the car's front. Duh! Is that the only place???
LOL and I thought this was to determine the sex of the car .
Old 25th June 2009, 13:43   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
LOL and I thought this was to determine the sex of the car .
hehehe. Shouldnt they atleast be looking under the back then? Not that they are going to find an answer. But if you imagine car to be a four footed animal, you wont look under the animal's chin to find its sex, right?
By the way, i have myself had some pretty naughty ideas for proper use of that angled mirror
Old 25th June 2009, 14:02   #690
BANNED

Quote:
By the way, i have myself had some pretty naughty ideas for proper use of that angled mirror
Join the security guys when its between 4-5. You can see the mirror guy standing on the pavement with it angled strategically at those walking past on the footpath.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks