Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2014, 11:58   #7066
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Just because of Ecospace, we are having a mess on ORR. They need to do something about this, either extend the flyover (not possible) or build some decent exit/entries from ORR. The jam extended from Ecospace till HSR flyover and will not be surprised if it hit until Silk Board :(

With more development going on inside Ecospace, it will get messier.
Old 13th November 2014, 12:03   #7067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
To be fair, the police issued a notification yesterday about this advising people to drive up further and take a U turn back in
How did they notify? FB, ORRCA,..?
I just heard that the middle lane was closed from 10:30AM.

EDIT: I just saw the post in the BTP FB page. Thanks!

And they say the work will go on for two weeks!

Last edited by bejoy : 13th November 2014 at 12:12.
Old 13th November 2014, 12:04   #7068
Distinguished - BHPian

The mess under the belandur flyover is increasing daily. Now it is back to the pre flyover days with long lines of cars till Little Elly/Raj Motors on Belandur Road. The junction still has 6-7 flows converging and then going in different directions. Now there are atleast 3 traffic policemen and 1-2 wardens trying to control the mess. But frankly they are unable to cope due to the innumerable entry exits to the junction. General lack of discipline does not help either.
Old 13th November 2014, 12:39   #7069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The mess under the belandur flyover is increasing daily.
The service roads are bit narrow for 2 lane traffic. I feel there should be a signal below the flyover, similar to Agara flyover. This will help the situation.
Old 13th November 2014, 12:57   #7070
Senior - BHPian

This was bound to happen:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/45116420.cms

I have no pity for the rick drivers - they dug their own grave by treating customers are enemies. I just hope the KA government doesn't interfere. :-)
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 13:25   #7071
BHPian

I work in Ecoworld and I suffer owing to the poor planning of having a road going towards Maratahalli. I am forced to go upto Ecospace. I don't get or sometimes get a choice to turn under the Bellandur flyover. This depends on the whim of the proxy cops that are the Ecospace security. I have to go upto Sarjapur Road signal and take a U-turn and double back on ORR to Marathahalli. Its ridiculous. And unfortunately nobody seems to be taking note of this. I am sure folks working in Ecospace and going towards Maratahalli have faced the onslaught of traffic bound from Intel Ecoworld for Bellandur Flyover.
The policy paralysis and utter lack of interest on getting the traffic cleared is causing all this trouble.
The best part is that the ORR traffic is stopped for allowing pedestrians to cross which only adds to the lines of traffic already moving slowly. Its been so many years since Ecospace came up. didn't anyone realise the need for a pedestrian overbridge ? Also put a wall instead of the divider so taht errant pedestrians do not get a chance to make a run for it to cross !!!
Who is responsible for this infra development ? I am sure that no one gives a damn about so many people suffering.
Old 13th November 2014, 13:34   #7072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

I have no pity for the rick drivers - they dug their own grave by treating customers are enemies. I just hope the KA government doesn't interfere. :-)
Totally agree - "what you sow, so shall you reap" is the only reply I'd have to auto-rickshaws. But I too wish that these new-age taxi systems don't run into regulatory difficulties given the points in the linked article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
The best part is that the ORR traffic is stopped for allowing pedestrians to cross which only adds to the lines of traffic already moving slowly. Its been so many years since Ecospace came up. didn't anyone realise the need for a pedestrian overbridge?
This same trend occurs at the Manyata Tech Park, with ORR traffic being halted to allow pedestrians to cross. I wish a nice overbridge comes up, similar to what is now present near Christ College at Dairy Circle.

To be fair, the civic authorities should not have sanctioned a plan to allow for such large IT spaces to come up without a pedestrian overbridge (maybe a 50-50 cost-split between BBMP and the IT park).
Old 13th November 2014, 13:40   #7073
BHPian

Quote:
This same trend occurs at the Manyata Tech Park, with ORR traffic being halted to allow pedestrians to cross. I wish a nice overbridge comes up, similar to what is now present near Christ College at Dairy Circle.

To be fair, the civic authorities should not have sanctioned a plan to allow for such large IT spaces to come up without a pedestrian overbridge (maybe a 50-50 cost-split between BBMP and the IT park).
I think near TinFactory I remember a pedestrian walkway has come. The divider is so tall that it discourages errant jay-walkers.

My main anger stems from the fact that all other metro cities have got such bridges a long time back. Why is Bangalore playing catch up now ? Apathy of the administration to use common sense for pedestrian safety ? Or just pure old laziness. I think its time the administration shook off the lazy mood of the "Garden City" and got itself to building an IT city friendly to all pedestrians and motorists alike. And most of the times the solutions are simple , common sense. But they just don't get it.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th November 2014 at 12:16. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 13th November 2014, 14:35   #7074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Serves these crooks right!! Their thuggery has been going on for ages now, and it is time it is put to a stop. I have lost all sympathies with these auto rickshaw folks, and any suffering they face, I have a smile on my face. And this Adarsha... union of their's is a joke. They have no ethics (Adarsha) and is just a name-sake organisation. Remember six months back BTP had put men and women officer in plain clothes and had booked lots of auto rickshaw drivers on multiple charges? This pathetic union could not even come up with a statement - criticising or taking the blame for the mess. They just kept quite, perhaps knowing that no one would take their lies at its face value.

My request to the cab companies is to put up expert lawyers who can scuttle any move from these auto rickshaw driver thugs. I don't have much hopes on the Karnataka Govt., mainly it is these auto rickshaw drivers who fill their lower ranks. It is these fellows who would be wasting their time who would be ready to fly the state flags and roam around, if that helps them in further goonda-giri. So no political outfit would really ignore these folks who are always there with a helping hand when it comes to riots etc.

Came back to say...
Last Monday, I reached SBC early in the morning. I had tried TaxiForSure bookings on Sunday, but by then all their cabs were booked. They were upfront about it, and did not give me any false hopes of getting a cab. So my option was to try book a taxi from the Pre-paid counter at SBC Railway Station. Frankly speaking it was a hassle free experience. A cab was arranged in no time (Rs.20 was the service charge at the booth). For my home which is slightly away from Electronics City, the fare was around Rs.800/- only. The driver too was a very jovial man, and did not try to over-charge. With all these cab companies out there, the other taxies etc. have to mend their ways and focus on better customer service. Auto rickshaw gangs seems to be still on the process of learning this, while taxi folks are better.

Last edited by sachinpk : 13th November 2014 at 14:41. Reason: About Pre-paid Taxi at SBC RS.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 15:11   #7075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Great news. Like I told my dad in the morning, the goonda auto drivers in Bangalore are facing the heat. On so many occasions I have come across people using OLA or Meru and commenting it is cheaper than an auto rickshaw. I hope there is some work around for these regulatory issues and the new age Taxi companies are allowed to ply and offer competitively priced services to the customers.

The hapless commuters have for long been at the receiving end of these Autowalla hooligans for years now. Now these rick drivers will feel the pain of seeing their families go hungry because of their stupid attitude of taking customers for a ride all these years.

But I liked the last statement from the TFS cabs Raghunandan. "They should come and join us. They understand vehicles and how to manage drivers, while we understand the technology and customer acquisition." Will be win win, if they agree, which is highly unlikely.
Old 13th November 2014, 17:23   #7076
Senior - BHPian

I was just reading the comments regarding auto-rickshaw drivers (in Team BHP) and in the comments section of the news report. Comments on the report are much more. And not even a single comment supporting these thugs - auto rickshaw drivers.

Perhaps BTP or any other NGO should take a print out of all these comments (translate to Bengaluru Kannada if required) and take it to some "orientation" classes for these auto rickshaw drivers. I hope people have some sense known as "shame", and may think about changing their ways. There should be some public campaign against these auto rickshaw drivers to "shame" them and "shame their work culture" (because of you Bengaluru and Karnataka and getting shamed as well). India is generally a "shame based" society - where people worry more on getting shamed (rather than having a guilty consciousness).
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 22:21   #7077
BHPian

Orr is choked even now at ecospace area. Both directions!
Old 14th November 2014, 00:51   #7078
Senior - BHPian

December 2019 is the scheduled time for the Namma metro to become fully operational. That's 5 years from now!
Old 14th November 2014, 09:49   #7079
BHPian

There was a huge jam on the elevated highway today morning around 8.30 towards Electronic City. I could spot an i10 damaged in the front and parked on the side.

The number of accidents and break downs are becoming more and more over the past few weeks. I really wonder why we pay an additional Rs 65 everyday to come on this road.
Old 14th November 2014, 09:50   #7080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I was just reading the comments regarding auto-rickshaw drivers (in Team BHP) and in the comments section of the news report. Comments on the report are much more. And not even a single comment supporting these thugs - auto rickshaw drivers.

Perhaps BTP or any other NGO should take a print out of all these comments (translate to Bengaluru Kannada if required) and take it to some "orientation" classes for these auto rickshaw drivers. I hope people have some sense known as "shame", and may think about changing their ways. There should be some public campaign against these auto rickshaw drivers to "shame" them and "shame their work culture" (because of you Bengaluru and Karnataka and getting shamed as well). India is generally a "shame based" society - where people worry more on getting shamed (rather than having a guilty consciousness).
The initiatives should also come from us the consumers. We should pledge ourselves neither us or any family members will travel by Auto unless they reform themselves. I and my family use only cabs for travel now. We should spread this message in our community and friend circle. Unfortunately not many are aware of services like Uber. They have not launched a public campaign yet, may be fearing back lash from above said elements.

Last edited by poloman : 14th November 2014 at 09:52.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks