Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2014, 02:58   #7321
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

After SRS, it now Baghiathi and OLX Cabbies.

Baghirathi - Just like SRS people used to do. Bully others.
OLX Cabbies - With OLX hiring any tom, dick and harry driver, we now have rashly driven broken Indicas.
Old 8th December 2014, 07:04   #7322
Senior - BHPian

Deadly accident below the Sarjapur Flyover. Totalled Indicab (possibly belongs to HP).
Jam build up.

Anyone stopped by ?
Ambulance was just arriving on spot. The front is totalled with major structural damage.
Hope no employees were hurt.
Old 8th December 2014, 09:04   #7323
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Updates from some weekend runs around city..there is still some light at the end of the tunnel:
1.Cambridge layout - road from Indiranagar side to Evo/Ranka Apartment/St. Meeras school - till few days ago this was a hellish stretch, undulations, broken sections, it used to be a shaky, slow drive. Not anymore, the stretch has been relaid and flattened, so nice smooth drive now. This continues all the way upto Command Hospital-Old airport road junction. From there till the ASC junction is rough and will need to be patched up next, hopefully soon.
2.Old Madras Road between Suranjan Das Road signal and Benniganahalli Railway bridge via Baiyappaanhalli Metro station, RMZ infinity, Gopalan mall, etc. This stretch had about 5-8 feet on either side, enough for a small lane to be added but seemed like it was heading towards being encroached fully by hawkers, nurseries, vendors, etc. 2 weeks ago work has started on this stretch.
3.Work in progress on Lal bagh road between the 2 Lal bagh gates (Double Road to Al-Ameen college stretch). This includes a little bit of widening at the junction near Al-Ameen complex.

And on trains as a good option to whitefield, some voices:
Suburban trains best for city (Ananth Kumar), "Increase trains to whitefield:Techies")
Source:New Indian Express, 8 Dec 2014 - Link

Last edited by NPV : 8th December 2014 at 09:24.
Old 8th December 2014, 09:28   #7324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
OLX Cabbies - With OLX hiring any tom, dick and harry driver, we now have rashly driven broken Indicas.
Did you mean OLA cabs? True. Virtually every 3rd cab I see nowadays carry the OLA sticker, many of them badly maintained at least externally.
sandsun7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 10:00   #7325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Did you mean OLA cabs? True. Virtually every 3rd cab I see nowadays carry the OLA sticker, many of them badly maintained at least externally.
Eeeeee !!! Seriously I wrote OLX instead of OLA !!

All rickety cabs are now OLA stickered. Its a pain now.
Old 8th December 2014, 10:38   #7326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
And on trains as a good option to whitefield, some voices:
Suburban trains best for city (Ananth Kumar), "Increase trains to whitefield:Techies")
Source:New Indian Express, 8 Dec 2014 - Link
The best options would be to operate trains from Kengeri to Whitefield, one via Cantonment and the other via Yeswantpur. But the big question is availability of platforms.
Old 8th December 2014, 12:04   #7327
BHPian

Friends, Around 2 PM today I have to go to prestige tech park on outer ring road, from Diary circle. I plan to drive via Madiwala checkpost - Sarjapur road - Outerring road. What should I expect with the traffic situation? Can it be done in one hour. Any traffic jams/issues as of now near that part of sarjapur road-ring road? Appreciate any quick replies. Thanks!
Old 8th December 2014, 12:09   #7328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Friends, Around 2 PM today I have to go to prestige tech park on outer ring road, from Diary circle. I plan to drive via Madiwala checkpost - Sarjapur road - Outerring road. What should I expect with the traffic situation? Can it be done in one hour. Any traffic jams/issues as of now near that part of sarjapur road-ring road? Appreciate any quick replies. Thanks!
2PM is a sweet time on B'lore roads. Less traffic. Can be done in under 1 hour for sure. You have the ideal route and with the decongestion that is being done at Silk board, you should be flying on ORR once you cross Silk Board.
Prestige tech park is near the Kadibisenahalli Underpass, is it ?
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 13:37   #7329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
You should be able to do it in well under an hour. I have done it in 45 minutes, while driving in "Buddha" mode!
Old 10th December 2014, 09:54   #7330
BHPian

Does BTP gave up on reducing traffic congestion in Whitefield area? Here are the reasons why I felt so?
1. For last two days I saw only few staff controlling the traffic, effect of this is evident on traffic movement (read very slow movement around Graphite Signal)
2. They tarred/repaired only Graphite Junction, rest of the bad patched were not repaired like the ones in front of Ginger Hotel, Kundalahalli colony.
3. Few days back there was so much noise on BTP Facebook about repairing white field roads. They have done some preparation work for the repairing bad patches, but now it seems they given up in between
4. People were taking U turns in front of Telerad Hospital to go to Hoodi instead of taking near Kundalahalli village Hanuman Temple. This I noticed Yesterday evening.

Any BHPian's have any updates on Whitefield traffic?
Old 10th December 2014, 10:25   #7331
BHPian

Educated citizens breaking traffic rules left, right and center. Scene at Yemalur signal every single day. I was waiting just before the STOP line and look at other motorists wrestling for space to be first in line when signal turns green. Will this mentality ever change?
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20141208_001.jpg  

Old 10th December 2014, 10:45   #7332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Educated citizens breaking traffic rules left, right and center. Scene at Yemalur signal every single day. I was waiting just before the STOP line and look at other motorists wrestling for space to be first in line when signal turns green. Will this mentality ever change?

Um.. Nope! We're Indians, we don't change. Britishers tried but got fed up and left. Even after a 100yrs, we'll be the same.

Does that answer your question?
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 10:49   #7333
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this via Whatsapp. The water tanker seems to have knocked down 2 people killing them on the spot, allegedly and as per unconfirmed reports.

The public vented their ire by rioting and burning the tanker.

Can someone confirm?

Location is Wipro Junction, Electronics City Phase 1, Bangalore.

I would only reach EC around noon as usual.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1418188643992.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1418188666812.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1418188682618.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th December 2014 at 10:50.
Old 10th December 2014, 10:53   #7334
Senior - BHPian

Gents, a major ruckus in Electronic City near Wipro Campus side. A water tanker (Tata 407) rammed a two wheeler. One rider dead on the spot, and another seriously injured. They were locals of Shikaripura, so the local crowd had tried their round of rioting. Attempt made to torch the Water tanker.

Police out in large numbers and chased away the local rioters. Major traffic pile up in Electronics City. Now slowly getting cleared as the area is now cleaned up, and police has sanitised the area (of locals & other riot mongers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
2. They tarred/repaired only Graphite Junction, rest of the bad patched were not repaired like the ones in front of Ginger Hotel, Kundalahalli colony.
3. Few days back there was so much noise on BTP Facebook about repairing white field roads. They have done some preparation work for the repairing bad patches, but now it seems they given up in between
Looks like BTP does have staff shortage. Even when the new scheme was launched they had to take help of Traffic Wardens, who are common citizens doing a bit of social service. It is also sad that even after such a scheme was launched the common citizens still do not want to use it properly, they would still mess up a scheme if police men are not deployed 24/7.

And laying/repairing the roads is never a BTP responsibility. They had to do it, because the usless BBMP (a civic organisation) have no shame in shirking this duty of theirs. BTP men suffer on the ground, so they tried to better their position at least.
Old 10th December 2014, 11:03   #7335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
As of 1040Hrs today situation is back to normal. Vehicles are plying. The fire was doused and two fire engines on the scene. Senior police officials like the Dep.Com of South East Divn. also has reached the spot. Rioters have all been chased away.
Thanks for confirming. A lot of my team members take the Wipro route to reach EC and looking at the photos, I was a little worried and advised them to take alternate route to reach work.

Last edited by noopster : 10th December 2014 at 12:09. Reason: Quoted post deleted

Most Viewed