Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2014, 09:04   #7336
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

After several months, the most unthinkable and unbelievable thing happened this morning on Old Madras Road, the tin factory to KR Puram railway station stretch had everyone following their lanes and could maintain a 30kmph speed
Old 11th December 2014, 10:22   #7337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
After several months, the most unthinkable and unbelievable thing happened this morning on Old Madras Road, the tin factory to KR Puram railway station stretch had everyone following their lanes and could maintain a 30kmph speed
I happened to be crossing the walkway at tin factory at 0910 hrs Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20141211_091008.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20141211_091019.jpgand took these two pics. Lane discipline.
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 10:26   #7338
Senior - BHPian

May be more active law enforcement in that area? Did you notice more police men? I am yet to believe that Bangalore drivers have become disciplined over night .
Old 11th December 2014, 13:48   #7339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Thanks for confirming. A lot of my team members take the Wipro route to reach EC and looking at the photos, I was a little worried and advised them to take alternate route to reach work.
One Traffic police man injured along with the driver of the tanker vehicle which rammed a two-wheeler with three people.
Mob Runs Riot After Accident, Assaults Cop
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 16:42   #7340
Senior - BHPian

Alert:

There seems to be some accident below the marathahalli flyover. There is a huge gathering of onlookers, looking below the flyover. Not sure which lane it is.

This has caused huge traffic pile up as well.
Old 15th December 2014, 17:50   #7341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Alert:

There seems to be some accident below the marathahalli flyover. There is a huge gathering of onlookers, looking below the flyover. Not sure which lane it is.

maybe some sort of shooting going for a serial or a movie. more than a year back i had seen similar crowd on the bridge on ORR near Kamanahalli. everyone was stopping, and looking over the rail - i feared the worst. one smart cabbie was looking over the railing while his car was in motion and guess what, he rammed into the car that had stopped in the speed lane to check out what was happening and then there was a gathering there as the war of words started!

hilarious i tell ya

Last edited by IronH4WK : 15th December 2014 at 17:51.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 22:10   #7342
BHPian

Quote:
Alert:

I believe it was a broken down BMTC bus which occupied more than one lane. There were few traffic police personal in the scene. And it was a visual treat for the rubber-necking people!!!
rajakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 07:32   #7343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
maybe some sort of shooting going for a serial or a movie. more than a year back i had seen similar crowd on the bridge on ORR near Kamanahalli. everyone was stopping, and looking over the rail - i feared the worst. one smart cabbie was looking over the railing while his car was in motion and guess what, he rammed into the car that had stopped in the speed lane to check out what was happening and then there was a gathering there as the war of words started!
hilarious i tell ya
That cabbie should have been given a role in the movie Bang Bang ! ROTFL

The authority who approved a movie shoot at office hour traffic should be given a sound bang on his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
I believe it was a broken down BMTC bus which occupied more than one lane. There were few traffic police personal in the scene. And it was a visual treat for the rubber-necking people!!!
Aha, I see. But there could be something more to this. There was a massive crowd and more and more vehicles on the bridge stopped to see what was going on below.
A broken BMTC cannot attract so much flies !!
Took me around 20 minutes to cross from Riviera apartment bridge and take a left turn at Marathahalli, to go towards Bellandur. The left turn was utter choked.
Old 16th December 2014, 08:06   #7344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took me around 20 minutes to cross from Riviera apartment bridge and take a left turn at Marathahalli, to go towards Bellandur.
That's about par for the course, for that junction. Ever since they opened up a gap in the median bang in the middle of the bridge, it is a complete free for all there.
Old 16th December 2014, 08:14   #7345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
That's about par for the course, for that junction. Ever since they opened up a gap in the median bang in the middle of the bridge, it is a complete free for all there.
Me too, a part of the junta that takes turns there. I do take a turn (from ORR towards Kundanahalli) there at 5:45 AM, while going to work.
But leaving that open for the rest of the day is just madness.

People coming from Kundanahalli towards Old Airport road get stuck because of the criss crossing traffic.
And in turn people taking left towards Bellandur, ORR get stuck there.

Grossly misplanned junction.
Old 16th December 2014, 08:35   #7346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
People coming from Kundanahalli towards Old Airport road get stuck because of the criss crossing traffic.
As a local resident, here is how I deal with that junction:

1. Coming from Mahadevapura: Towards HAL, take right turn at Karthik Nagar and join Varthur Road in front of the IOCL petrol pump. Towards Brookefield, if possible take the Alpine Eco/Graphite India road. Towards Whitefield, take the up ramp in front of Kalamandir (you join Varthur Road in front of the bus stop, which is beyond the worst of traffic).

2. Coming from HSR Layout: Towards HAL, take left at Bellandur and the road along the lake. Towards Brookefield/Whitefield, proceed till Karthik Nagar, take a U-turn and then the Kalamandir road as above.

3. Coming from HAL: Towards HSR Layout, take the road along the lake and join ORR at Bellandur. Towards Mahadevapura, take the road opposite the IOCL pump and join ORR at Karthik Nagar.

4. Coming from Brookefield: To access ORR, if the time of the day permits, use the Graphite India-Alpine Eco road. To go towards HAL take this road and then take the right turn at Karthik Nagar. At peak hours, avoid going to Brookefield in the first place.

5. Coming from Whitefield: Simply remember one's favourite things, so that one doesn't feel so bad. One could try going under the bridge and crossing the railway track at Chinnapanahalli to join ORR, but I've been stuck badly on this road too so wouldn't risk it.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 08:48   #7347
BHPian

Quote:

Grossly misplanned junction.
+100 to this.

People going towards Kundanahalli from HAL are also equally suffering because of this mad criss-crossing. I have to pass through this signal free junction twice @7.20AM & 5.45PM
Evening is more painful especially bikers/autos coming from Hotel Krishna Vaibhav side create a hell lot of mess. Adding fuel to the fire are U turns in both directions (U turn is allowed for both side traffic) . I really want to salute the guy, who advised current traffic flow @Marathalli junction.
Some times I feel those signal days (when traffic signal was functioning/operating) were better than what the mess we have Today. According to me either they have to close the opening or make the traffic signal functioning.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 12:53   #7348
BHPian

So finally they've closed the u-turn at RXDX Hospital on ITPL Road, near Graphite Junction. Some uneducated morons along with daft cabbies, coming from EPIP used to take a u-turn from here even when there's a huge "NO -U-Turn" banner put there. To avoid all this, the cops have taken the easy way out by blocking. All they needed was a cop to control this. Guess they are severely under-staffed.
Old 16th December 2014, 13:08   #7349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
So finally they've closed the u-turn at RXDX Hospital on ITPL Road, near Graphite Junction. Some uneducated morons along with daft cabbies, coming from EPIP used to take a u-turn from here even when there's a huge "NO -U-Turn" banner put there. To avoid all this, the cops have taken the easy way out by blocking. All they needed was a cop to control this. Guess they are severely under-staffed.
Since the testing model at Graphite India has been a decent success, they should permanently block (cementing blocks) that U-Turn. It is a menace.
Ambulances in emergency can switch to opposite lane to save time and traffic. But the general traffic should go ahead and take U-Turn instead of this one.

Another thing I noticed.
The left turn at Graphite India while coming from Hoodi side, was a free left.
But then the traffic coming from Kundanahalli side were fast taking right turns. So there is chaos at times due to this merging traffic.
Last Thursday, I saw that the cops had stopped the left turning traffic. Wonder what it is all leading to !! Again, re-opening of signals ?
Old 16th December 2014, 15:13   #7350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
So finally they've closed the u-turn at RXDX Hospital
Quote:
they should permanently block (cementing blocks) that U-Turn.
Bit of a bummer for me. My son goes for football classes near there during weekends. Now to drop him I have to take a fairly long detour, looks like.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks