Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2014, 10:37   #7381
BHPian

According to the pic shared by BTP it looks like the RXDX u-turn is open. Anyone seen this? I have to reach Shell office at RMZ Centennial from KR Puram. What would be the route then?
Old 29th December 2014, 10:59   #7382
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
According to the pic shared by BTP it looks like the RXDX u-turn is open. Anyone seen this? I have to reach Shell office at RMZ Centennial from KR Puram. What would be the route then?
No, its not. RXDX u-turn is closed. You need to go to Ginger and take a u-turn there. But this should not take more than 5 minutes.
Old 29th December 2014, 18:52   #7383
BHPian

I live in Sahakanagar and work in GRTP, Whitefield from 13:30 to 22:30. Coming to office is ok but going back is risky. There is no one stopping the cabbies/ truck/buses from doing what they want. The Barricades are moved and traffic flows in whatever way they want. Today afternoon I noticed a lot of cops with "one way" banners but was not sure why till I saw the post here. If this has to work they need to have cops monitoring this 24x7 else the night crowd is living on the edge.
At night i used to use right turn just after Zurai which would get me to the Hoodi flyover and touch the Highway via Kodigehalli.
Hope they just go back to way things were or stick to Phase 1 with police night patrol.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 29th December 2014 at 18:54.
Old 29th December 2014, 19:14   #7384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
No, its not. RXDX u-turn is closed. You need to go to Ginger and take a u-turn there. But this should not take more than 5 minutes.
BTP was opening this around lunch time today
Old 29th December 2014, 19:22   #7385
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Whitefielder's woes continue...
Went back to office today after a short break and what a day of traffic it was!
Morning was just too good to be true, took all of just 20 minutes to reach office, smooth going all the way
But then when the day starts so well, isn't there a great chance that it will turn bad later ? Exactly what happened - our friends in BTP decide to pull a really fast one at 4pm and implemented what seemed like their phase 2 traffic plan for whitefield A colleague left at 3:45 pm and he did not see these changes so I'm guessing it was done around 4pm. I left at 4:15 and experienced sheer mayhem!
Holy cow, all hell broke loose.

So now, they make the Hoodi-Big Bazaar stretch 1 way. This means you have 4 lanes of traffic going in same direction and criss-crossing at the Big Bazaar junction near Prestige Shantiniketan gate 3. Traffic coming from Hope farm side is now forced to turn left and enter EPIP here!
Going into EPIP you now have 4 lanes in same direction and just a little ahead near Formule 1 hotel you have another criss-cross and then potentially 3-4 lanes turning right into 2 lanes inside EPIP.

From here it was snails pace all the way to Ginger via Sathya Sai Hospital and Vydehi junction.

At the Graphite junction past Ginger you now have the option of turning left to go towards Kundalahalli or right to go towards Bhoruka, I took the latter.

Again this section now has 4 lanes of traffic all going in same direction. (So if you're coming from Kundalahalli, you can't make a right turn into EPIP).

Next, at the ATM junction near IFB factory/Shell petrol pump there is another junction where right most 2 lanes coming out of EPIP will have to turn left towards Bhoruka. The other 2 lanes are also turning slight left towards Bhoruka. And you have 4 lanes coming from Hoodi side trying to make a right U turn to go towards Bhoruka.

The sections that are now 1 way with 4 lanes have medians and this adds to the woes at the places where there is criss-crossing of traffic.

One can imagine the chaos that such a traffic scheme can instantly create!!!

I started at 4:15 and reached Bhoruka junction at 5:30(!!!!), then it took just 20 minutes to reach Gopalan Mall on Old Madras Road.

Some pictures taken during complete standstill traffic, with nothing else to do *sigh*
1.New signage near Formule 1 hotel
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-signage.jpg

2.Traffic Mess near ATM junction - scene 1
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-traffic-mess1.jpg

3. Traffic Mess near ATM junction - scene 2
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-traffic-mess2.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 29th December 2014 at 19:28.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 20:54   #7386
Senior - BHPian

I can see a LOT of people complaining on the BTP FB page about the Phase-2 changes in Whitefield.

I guess a lot of TBHPians are still stuck in traffic or are blissfully unaware of the hell that awaits them while sitting in their offices.

I got stuck right outside the Tesco HSC Main Campus gate. Was shocked to see the traffic when most of the IT population are out on vacation.
Old 29th December 2014, 21:53   #7387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
BTP was opening this around lunch time today
Yup, nothing there in the morning and during the afternoon, all hell broke loose. They opened up the u-turn at RxDx and the Petrol Bunk before SAP. Utter chaos It made so much more sense to keep the current situation going on - the traffic kept flowing, now you are literally forced to stop.
I was literally pulling my hair out for this stupid mess created by BTP.

I hope this is a temp situation - part of me keeps thinking they broke the small barriers to put in a permanent one
Old 29th December 2014, 22:17   #7388
BHPian

Hahaha!
BTP knows how to create mayhem and chaos in a dull peaceful year end period! They surely deserve an award for creating the biggest Traffic Jam possible in the whole of Whitefield area at a time when vehicular density would be about 50% or even lesser.

I came out of SAP at 7PM and was shocked to see 4 lanes of parked vehicles and tons of bikers trying out for the footpaths. For an instance I thought of going back to the office and sleeping overnight in the cubicle.

After 15 minutes of no go, I too rode over the footpath and took the IOCL bunk road to Basavanagar and was greeted to another circus near hoodi junction.
The locals had crowded around all the traffic officials with heated arguments and flared tempers. The vehicles seemed to have been stuck for hours together.

A ray of hope came when a few of the bystanders told me that this plan has totally flopped and from tomorrow it will be the usual Phase 1 traffic plan.
I too hope they scrap the Phase 2 plan experiment and let people continue what they had been recently accustomed to.

Last edited by racer_m : 29th December 2014 at 22:18.
Old 29th December 2014, 22:50   #7389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
I too rode over the footpath
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
I totally agree with your views.

Here's an update from the police regarding today:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture.jpg

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 29th December 2014 at 23:13.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 08:56   #7390
Senior - BHPian

Looks like they have reverted back the changes done in whitefield last evening. It was phase 1 plan this morning.

My colleagues from the other campus at GRTP left in office bus at 5:30 PM and reached Vaidehi at 9 PM last evening.
Old 30th December 2014, 08:58   #7391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Whitefielder's woes continue
A colleague left at 3:45 pm and he did not see these changes so I'm guessing it was done around 4pm. I left at 4:15 and experienced sheer mayhem!
You are right BTP has done changes for phase-2 around 4 PM. Within minutes of the phase-2 implementation, all hell broke loose in Whitefield area.

Quote:
Again this section now has 4 lanes of traffic all going in same direction. (So if you're coming from Kundalahalli, you can't make a right turn into EPIP)
Exactly here I lost my plot.
Everyday I start from my office RMZ Titanium (opp Leela Palace) and pass through Graphite signal and pick my kid @Vydehi and reach home near Graphite Signal. I have not heard any news upto 3.30 PM about implementation of phase-2, hence I planned to take my regular route as mentioned above. Here is what I have gone through Yesterday

4.50 PM @ start office, Old airport road, Opp. Leela Palace
5.05 PM @ Marathalli market
5.11 PM @ crossed Kuddalahalli Gate and all is well till this point (Skoda Rapid MID showing FE of 15.7 KMPL)
5.17 PM @ crossed Kundalahalli colony
5.20 PM @ Graphite signal and to my surprise there is no left turn to EPIP (my destination is Vydehi Jn). Forced to move towards Hoodi
5.55 PM @ Y junction little after shell petrol pump
6.45 PM @ Hoodi Junction
7.10 PM @ Zuri hotel
7.50 PM @ Forumle 1 hotel
8.20 PM @ Infront of SJR tech park. My kids day care staff walked to me and handed over him. I did not thought this can happen even in my distant dreams.
8.50 PM @ Inorbit mall
9.25 PM @ Vydehi Jn
9.50 PM @ Ginger
10.15 PM @ Home near Graphite signal
WOW 5.25 hours on road, this is new record for me in Whitefield area
Here are final vehicle statistics:
Total time on road: 5 hrs 25 minutes
Total distance: ~20 KMS
Avg speed: 3.5 kms/hr
Avg. FE: 4.1 KMPL (I have switched off engine when ever possible, other wise I could have got 1 KMPL or may be less)

Even after going through this ordeal I can support BTP for trying to improve the situation, but not with half heart. The worst part from BTP in Yesterday's mess is, they switched back to phase-1 traffic flow during peak hours. The out come of this switch is total chaos. At least they could have stick to phase-2 for the whole day and switch back from next day. This happened when many folks were on year end vacation (at least 30%), Just imagine what could have happened on a regular day.
May god bless BTP, especially those folks who thought/chalked this phase-2 plan.

Quote:
I started at 4:15 and reached Bhoruka junction at 5:30(!!!!), then it took just 20 minutes to reach Gopalan Mall on Old Madras Road.
I should say, you are so lucky!
hillsnrains is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 09:15   #7392
Senior - BHPian

Oh my! I was out sick yesterday. Looks like I dodged a bullet.
Old 30th December 2014, 11:45   #7393
BHPian

Not sure who in BTP even thought of doing this ?
Took 2hrs and 15 mins from I-Gate to Hoodi Circle.
My worst timings ever.
Old 30th December 2014, 13:03   #7394
BHPian

The problem is not the Phase 2 plan, the problem was that the Hoodi locals blocked the road for 2 hrs to protest this plan. This caused all the chaos.
Old 30th December 2014, 13:10   #7395
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Looks like they have reverted back the changes done in whitefield last evening. It was phase 1 plan this morning.
I don't think you need any traffic experts to tell that what they tried yesterday was utterly stupid, failure was just written large all over that scheme! They made the EPIP area a "chakravyuh".
They were forcing all traffic on the ITPL Road to enter the EPIP area and exit from the other side (after entering EPIP there are only 2 lanes to traverse the entire area and exit!), simply not going to work given that there are so many cabs, buses etc on the EPIP roads and it can't handle that much traffic. Plus so many places with criss-crossing was surely going to create long lines of stopped vehicles. Just the Big Bazaar junction with potentially 4 lanes from Hoodi side plus 2 lanes from Hope farm side merging into 2 lanes inside EPIP near Formule 1 was going to be one of the weakest links in the chain. Add to this the 4+4 lanes of traffic trying to enter Graphite road at ATM junction, how much more stupid can it get ?
God save us and give some thinking material to the folks that be at BTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
The problem is not the Phase 2 plan, the problem was that the Hoodi locals blocked the road for 2 hrs to protest this plan. This caused all the chaos.
Yes, the protest would have worsened things but that phase 2 plan was simply not going to work!
When was this protest ? I don't think this took place between 4:30-5:30. I was stuck near the Shell Petrol pump near Graphite Road at that time and it was the beginning of a huge traffic jam.

Last edited by NPV : 30th December 2014 at 13:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks