Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2015, 19:30   #7456
Distinguished - BHPian

Major Jam towards silk board. Stuck on HSR flyover for last 30 min. Jam stretches as far as eye can see both front and back. Don't come this way.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 22:16   #7457
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Major Jam towards silk board. Stuck on HSR flyover for last 30 min. Jam stretches as far as eye can see both front and back. Don't come this way.
Does anyone know the reason for the same?

While I drove from Silkboard to Bellandur there was traffic jam from Iblur army camp till Sarjapur junction signal at 04.30 PM.
In the opposite side (towards Silkboard) I can see traffic piling up from Silkboard all the way till HSR flyover.
Old 11th January 2015, 11:08   #7458
Distinguished - BHPian

For North Bangalore: Looks like the Dodhballabhpur Road stretch between BMS College to Rajanakunte is shortly going to be converted to 4 lanes. The shoulders of the current 2 lanes are being flattened and cleared of enroachments.

Pity about the lovely trees though. I hope at least the younger ones are going to be transplanted.
Old 11th January 2015, 11:40   #7459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

While I drove from Silkboard to Bellandur there was traffic jam from Iblur army camp till Sarjapur junction signal at 04.30 PM.
In the opposite side (towards Silkboard) I can see traffic piling up from Silkboard all the way till HSR flyover.
Culprit is BTM Lake road's one entry being blocked due to BBMP work.
So now every vehicle going on lake road is taking left from AXA Signal only instead of the left at the BTM Bus stop.
Saw the below post on BTP's FB Page.

Name:  20150111 11.37.18.png
Views: 1084
Size:  63.1 KB
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 10:10   #7460
Senior - BHPian

Some good news for people near ITPL/Kadugodi.

1. 500 series service extended to Kadugodi. This will give more options to people travelling beyond ITPL. It will also ease congestion on ITPL road due to parking of 500 series buses.

2. Chakra Services introduced for mobility within Whitefield at a frequency of every 30 minutes.

See image for details.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bmtc.jpg
pramodpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 10:27   #7461
Senior - BHPian

For want of a better thread to post a question on roads in Bangalore.

How is the ORR flyover progress between BEL circle and NH4 junction. The one over the railway lines.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 10:42   #7462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post

How is the ORR flyover progress between BEL circle and NH4 junction. The one over the railway lines.
I wanted to Quote, by mistake clicked on Thanks.

Yesterday drove in that section. It is still in primitive stage. I don't see any signs of completing in the near future.

And good part is, they were tarring that section yesterday. At least you will have better driving experience.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 10:51   #7463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
So now every vehicle going on lake road is taking left from AXA Signal only instead of the left at the BTM Bus stop.
Yes, this was exactly what caused me to get stuck. I finally was able to crawl to end of HSR flyover after 40 min, took a left from there into HSR and then got to Silkboard via Jakkasandra-Madiwala Market. Was able to get through in 10 min from that side.

I assume it will be worse today with the evening peak hour office traffic.
Old 12th January 2015, 10:53   #7464
BHPian

The BWSSB work on the 30th main road has been going for some time now and only now BTP had issued the advice. See my earlier post on this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Attachment 1326242
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
The road just before BTM bus-stand leading to 29th main (lake road) has been closed temporarily for BWSSB work. This has not been reported in BTP and not sure how long it will be closed.

This has added more traffic at BTM 29th main AXA signal.
rajakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 11:27   #7465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Started from HSR Layout at 8:15 AM. Reached SAP Labs, EPIP area at 9:00 AM.
Please God, let everyday be like this.

And the Whitefield traffic measures are really working I should say.
Started at the same time today, from the same location, HSR layout. I reached SAP Labs at 10 AM today.
The difference?

1. A broken down bus on the ORR just after the Intel flyover.
2. Homeguards manning the Cosmos and the concrete factory junctions.
I've seen these people many a time. They don't realize that the traffic going from Kundhalahalli to Graphite signal using the Whitefield / ITPL main road should be given more preference compared to the traffic coming from the concrete factory road. They stop each side for more or less the same amount of time, which leads to traffic extending beyond Cosmos mall.
Old 12th January 2015, 11:38   #7466
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Still in Progress and a nightmare if you get stuck with trucks when trains pass. When they don't, its still a pity.

Better avoid this and instead take HMT Watch Factory road (100% asphalted now as per my yesterday's return from Munbai) for NH4.

Else Jalahalli Cross option is also saner.

If approaching via Mekhri Circle then IISc and Yeshwantpur Flyover option is again best than ORR!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 13:06   #7467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Been there yesterday. The work on the flyover doesn't seem to have started. But there were 2 JCB which had just started to dig the road beneath the half constructed flyover. Very bad roads for about 50m from either side of the railway crossing. Otherwise the road is just fine for any vehicle.
Old 12th January 2015, 13:27   #7468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Better avoid this and instead take HMT Watch Factory road (100% asphalted now as per my yesterday's return from Munbai) for NH4.

Else Jalahalli Cross option is also saner.

If approaching via Mekhri Circle then IISc and Yeshwantpur Flyover option is again best than ORR!
You mean HMT main road, pass Jal Vayu heights and then hit NH4? If so will you be able to get on the elevated road?

Jalahalli cross also one cannot go onto the elevated road with ease.

Mekhri, IISc, Y'pur is the best like you say.
Old 12th January 2015, 15:21   #7469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You mean HMT main road, pass Jal Vayu heights and then hit NH4? If so will you be able to get on the elevated road?

Jalahalli cross also one cannot go onto the elevated road with ease.

Mekhri, IISc, Y'pur is the best like you say.
If coming from Hebbal, Turn right on BEL Circle and then take the next left before Jalahalli Post office. This right takes you towards HMT Theatre on the right followed by HMT Grounds on your left.

While the first round about is HMT Theatre, the second round about is HMT Grounds where you turn left. Continue on this road as it takes you, crossing a ROB and then you hit NH4 Perpendicularly.

Turn left here (towards Bangalore as there is no right), hit the ORR junction, make U-Turn and within next 500 meters, you will climb the NTBL.

But if approaching the Mekhri Circle, the advantage now is the fact that IIsc junction at BHEL is signal free (CNR Rao Underpass) and even the next signal (Mathikere) is signal free too!

The only bottle neck would be the ORR Junction at Goreguntepalya itself but considering the fact that trucks have reduced now during the day, it can be an easy way out!

Both the roads are advised here but for ease of navigation, take the Mekhri circle option.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 10:21   #7470
BHPian

Quote:
I will speak to both Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and Chief Secretary Kaushik Mukherjee for a package. As of now, the infrastructure in Whitefield is pathetic. There are four lakh employees at this place and things need to be improved. This can happen only if the government announces a package. So, I along with the techies will have a meeting with the CM shortly. We may also invite him to the place so that greater stress is given to this area.
SOURCE

Lets hope.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks