Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2015, 10:04   #8191
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

folks, can i save some time-traffic snarls-toll amount if I take the Budigere -Devanhalli route to KIA from Hoody today around 4.30pm . I am planning to return via the same route to Ramamurthy nagar via Devanhallli-Budigere-Gardencity-TC Palya road. I have seen there is a toll booth at BIAL while coming from Hyd-Devanhalli side . Do they charge the same amount Rs120 ?
Old 12th May 2015, 10:27   #8192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
folks, can i save some time-traffic snarls-toll amount if I take the Budigere -Devanhalli route to KIA from Hoody today around 4.30pm . I am planning to return via the same route to Ramamurthy nagar via Devanhallli-Budigere-Gardencity-TC Palya road. I have seen there is a toll booth at BIAL while coming from Hyd-Devanhalli side . Do they charge the same amount Rs120 ?
You might encounter some traffic during that time, but once you cross hebbal and get on the elevated road it should not be a problem. Watch out for traffic at tin factory, this is one place you might encounter more traffic.

And on the toll, you don't have to pay while going to KIA, whereas while coming back you need to pay the toll. Hope this helps!!
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 10:49   #8193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
I'd taken that route only once, a few months ago. You can avoid the KR Puram mess, but that's the only advantage I see. If you're returning via the same route, you'll be paying Rs.70 at the toll booth (IIRC). But, I feel that the extra distance that you cover via Budigere would offset the savings in toll amount. You might get stuck behind some tractor or slow-moving truck for a while in some narrow stretches.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 11:36   #8194
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The BBMP folks seem to have descended down on the whitefield area on a war footing. I saw them on the Devasandra Road preparing to begin patch work and also on the Whitelfield road near Hoodi junction and Zuri hotel. A JCB near Hoodi junction was trying to "reclaim" part of the road that was filled with mud from construction work nearby
However, seeing a couple completed patches near Zuri, my guess is that this is going to be another quick and dirty job that will not last very long
Old 15th May 2015, 12:02   #8195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The BBMP folks seem to have descended down on the whitefield area on a war footing. I saw them on the Devasandra Road preparing to begin patch work and also on the Whitelfield road near Hoodi junction and Zuri hotel. A JCB near Hoodi junction was trying to "reclaim" part of the road that was filled with mud from construction work nearby
However, seeing a couple completed patches near Zuri, my guess is that this is going to be another quick and dirty job that will not last very long
Today patch work was being done between Hope farm to ITPL. They have left the part that was dug up. That is probably another contract. Also, digging was happening between ITPl and Bigbazaar.
Old 15th May 2015, 12:04   #8196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nowadays the cheapest means of filling a pothole is not use TAR but mud and stones.
Old 15th May 2015, 12:10   #8197
BHPian

Major traffic disruption on Old Airport Road before Manipal Hospital - culprit is a broken down his right in the middle of the road near Manipal hospital. The traffic is backed up from HAL, took me 25 mins to cross.
Old 15th May 2015, 12:16   #8198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The BBMP folks seem to have descended down on the whitefield area on a war footing.
The reason could be that the Chief Minister has planned for a surprise visit to locations all across the city. The places which he plans to visit is still a secret .
Old 15th May 2015, 20:10   #8199
BHPian

Quote:
.....this is going to be another quick and dirty job that will not last very long
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The reason could be that the Chief Minister has planned for a surprise visit to locations all across the city. The places which he plans to visit is still a secret .
Hope the patches would last till the BBMP elections are complete !
Old 16th May 2015, 05:17   #8200
Senior - BHPian

Dumber & Dumber: Level - Master

Quote:
Bengaluru: Roads being developed under the TenderSure project will henceforth be wide, and footpaths will shrink, chief minister Siddaramaiah announced on Friday.

The CM made the decision after taking a look at St Mark's Road, where TenderSure work is almost complete. He admitted that footpaths are wider than the carriageway. Siddaramaiah was accompanied by district minister Ramalinga Reddy and MLA NA Haris.

The St Mark's Road stretch from SBI Junction to Anil Kumble Circle was developed with the carriageway measuring 7 metres and footpaths were widened from 3.8 metres to 5.5 metres.
SOURCE
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 08:16   #8201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Dumber & Dumber: Level - Master

SOURCE
Just read this today morning. Can we imagine a bigger set of morons at the BBMP/ TendureSure project than the current bunch? Now the equally dense Head of state says that the footpath's width cannot be decreased as it will waste money. Where was he all along when this was being built? Can you imagine, in an area like St.Marks or VM road with such dense traffic, the total width of footpaths is about 15-20% more than the road? and one more
My office is at the turning of VM road and Kasturba road, and believe me at no point in the day is the traffic smoothly moving. And if it rains, God help the motorists.

Last edited by hrman : 16th May 2015 at 08:19.
Old 16th May 2015, 09:28   #8202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Dumber & Dumber: Level - MasterSOURCE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Can we imagine a bigger set of morons at the BBMP/ TendureSure project than the current bunch? Now the equally dense Head of state says that the footpath's width cannot be decreased as it will waste money. Where was he all along when this was being built?
There's a reason the two of you (or me for that matter) are not CM. I mean, listen to yourselves - rant rant, complain complain. Such negativity. Tsk tsk.

Now think of the guys who've tendered the pavement work. And the guys who'll tender the road widening. They'll be happy. Chuffed. Grinning ear to ear. The esteemed decision makers are bringing such good cheer to these people. Isn't that an admirable goal? Spreading happiness?

PS: For the few unenlightened readers, this is a tongue in cheek post. Take it in the spirit its written!
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 11:48   #8203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Now the equally dense Head of state says that the footpath's width cannot be decreased as it will waste money. Where was he all along when this was being built?
To be fair to current CM, the project was started much before he was in office. I don't think CBD roads are his daily commute. So when he saw the progress on Saturday, like anybody else he had a question on the width of the footpath. I am not sure if TenderSURE folks gave a convincing answer. So he advised to consider increasing footpath width for future projects. Of course demolishing whatever is built now is just waste. You can't expect the head of the state to check on the width of the city road width mentioned in the project report. He must trust his officials/managers.
Quote:
Can we imagine a bigger set of morons at the BBMP/ TendureSure project than the current bunch?
TenderSURE was fought and designed by intelligentsia of Bangalore. They claim the project is built with focus on pedestrians, with priorities for cyclists, street vendors and hawkers. I don't know the merits & demerits of this approach. But the fact is roads cannot keep on increasing in width and eating into footpaths. Something has to give in.

Last edited by msdivy : 16th May 2015 at 11:49.
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 19:58   #8204
BHPian

Traffic update: Saw a truck and a water tanker stuck in mud while going from Bhoruka signal towards Hoody. This has blocked the road from SBI to Hoody while turning towards graphite. Luckily the stream going towards ITPL was OK. Expecting some jam in the morning for guys going from Gopalan National school to Graphite India.
Old 17th May 2015, 20:16   #8205
Distinguished - BHPian

They are installing traffic signals on road above Kadubeesinahalli underpass. Be prepared for the mess till they eventually turn the signals to blinker mode.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed