Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 08:40   #811
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday was another epic jam on Hosur road. Left office at 7:15pm and saw a jam from Kudlu gate to bomanahalli. I knew that meant more than one hour to reach Silk board.

Swiftly took a right at Kudlu gate went through the inner roads and took an alternate route.
Old 28th August 2009, 11:06   #812
Team-BHP Support

Ajmat, this particular company's way of dealing with the traffic around their location makes you wonder if you wonder if you are treading on holy ground wearing your footwear.

Just because they constructed an overhead footbridge for their employees to cross across to their bus parking lot, they dont allow anyone to park BELOW it... not even cars which have come to pick up their very own employees! I have questioned the so-called guards on many occassions, but they say go and ask NM !

Yeah right! Looks like this security thingy has gone overboard into their heads, and gives them a right to do anything they please and then support the same based on security grounds. Maybe they should realize that if someone wanted to blow up their place, there are other ways of doing it as well.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:13   #813
Senior - BHPian

Today morning, I faced a unpleasant road rage!

This time it was not a cabbie or Auto driver, but a smart well-dressed young lad driving a Black Swift with heavily tinted glass!

Scene: Today morning around 10.15AM, at the Kundalahalli Gate circle, I am slowly proceeding to take left at the circle to go towards Brookefields, on my left is a Company Bus also taking a left, I am on the right.
There is enough place for the Bus & my car to complete the left turn. Suddenly, a Black Swift appears from my right & tries to squeeze in. There is no place for him (between my car & divider), but he is trying to nick in. I show my hand irritatingly to him asking him to wait. Meanwhile, I braked & my car stalls, I restart my car & complete the turn. And I show my hand again asking him to show some patience to wait.
Now, the best part, he drives next to me in parallel, lowers the windows & says something in Kannada, I told him there was no place & you are trying to squeeze in.
He doesn't relent, he keeps on blabbering something in Kannada & tries to block my car!
I again tell him to forget everything & drive on...
He then slows down his car infront of me & stops my car in the middle of the road!
And our hero gets out of the car & comes to me to confront me!
I just sat in the car with engine on, he comes to my window & starts abusing me in Kannada, I tried reasoning to him that there was no place for him to pass etc.
I am 200% sure he knew English but he kept shouting to me in Kannada!
He keeps yapping all the bad words he knew, I thought no use talking to him & finally I say 'I am sorry!'
He doesn't stop, tried to open my car (thankfully it was locked) & then tries to punch me couple of times, somehow I escaped his blows & said sorry again!
Realizing he couldn't do anything further, he walks towards his car rhyimg his favourite words & goes off.

At the Ryan School Jn, he takes a U turn & looks towards me & blabbers something, am in a pissed-off mood already, I showed my index finger to him!

This is the first time I experienced such a bad & pathetic behaviour by a well-educated & well-to-do localite!

I am sorry to see such sad state of affairs in the Garden City of India!

NB: Blore Bhpians, if ever you see a heavily-tinted Black Swift, please stay away from him! You can't see anything inside the car.
Now, I feel he could be from some anti-social / mafia gang!
In the melee, I forgot to notice his Reg no.

Last edited by finneyp : 28th August 2009 at 12:33.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:20   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Today morning, I faced a unpleasant road rage!

This time it was not a cabbie or Auto driver, but a smart well-dressed young lad driving a Black Swift with heavily tinted glass!
Nothing worse than this to start off your day!!
The lad in swift is probably the outcome of poor upbringing by a rich family. Can not do anything but feel sorry for him and where his future is headed.

Best thing to do is shrug it off.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:22   #815
BANNED

Careful Finney - I heard there is a mafia gang (the Italian coincidence is too much) that targets Palios with Team-BHP stickers.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:28   #816
Senior - BHPian

^^ Wow I'm not sure to compliment you on your patience or to be suprised on that well educated dude's behaviour. Obviously he was trying to get favourism from localites.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:34   #817
BANNED

Quote:
I am 200% sure he knew English but he kept shouting to me in Kannada!
Looks like every perpetrator of road-rage knew Kannada. And every victim didn't. But surprisingly, Kannadigas are known to be soft-spoken.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:42   #818
Team-BHP Support

finneyp: so sorry that something like this happened to you.

I met a nasty swift today morning as well. In Hyderabad.
Gave him my finger when he cut in from the left between a bus and my car.

I did not get to return the cut.
He got into a fight with an auto that took too much time to move out of his excellencies path.

some people are like a garbage truck.
spewing their muck on everything they touch.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:44   #819
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Bad start for the day Finney, but you did the right thing. No point in talking to such fellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Looks like every perpetrator of road-rage knew Kannada. And every victim didn't. But surprisingly, Kannadigas are known to be soft-spoken.
Agree that Kannada folks are soft spoken but hooliganism does not chose a sect. It has its roots everywhere.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:44   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But surprisingly, Kannadigas are known to be soft-spoken.
once in a while, even a goat is known to use its horns.

Last edited by amitoj : 28th August 2009 at 12:50. Reason: more constructive comment :)
Old 28th August 2009, 12:48   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Today morning, I faced a unpleasant road rage!....Scene: Today morning around 10.15AM,.........
Hard luck finneyp - that sort of thing can be a real mood wrecker in the morning.

Don't mean to hijack this thread with a Hyderabad experience but by coincidence, I was involved in an altercation too at the same time as yours, 10.15 this morning, though not as heated.

Was approaching the end of a divider and about to make a u-turn. Bike in front also making a u-turn stopped in the middle of the road to let the pillion get off! He stood there talking on his mobile, lost to the world and my honking. Could have gone around him but got pissed and edged close to him as I turned - so I guess I provoked it a bit - he had to move quickly as he was between my car and the end of the divider and banged his hand on my car to tell me to gve him space. We had a brief shouting match and then went our respective ways.

After all the frustration I've faced with drivers and bikers holding up traffic due to talking on a mobile, I finally have a tiff with a pedestrian using one!
Old 28th August 2009, 12:49   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But surprisingly, Kannadigas are known to be soft-spoken.
I'd like to disagree here.
Everyone feels the same way about their parent city.
I feel about general Punites like this too.
But people who come to Pune from other states don't
necessarily agree with me.
No offences meant to Kannadigans.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:55   #823
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I met a nasty swift today morning as well. In Hyderabad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Don't mean to hijack this thread with a Hyderabad experience but by coincidence, I was involved in an altercation too at the same time as yours, 10.15 this morning, though not as heated.
Sorry, couldn't help - for every 1 Bangalore incident, there are 2 in Hyderabad !!

Now, lets get back to Bangalore, back to thread.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:58   #824
BANNED

I was at BIAL on Monday morning and the CISF personnel at the entrance kept gesturing something. I lowered my window and asked him what he wanted. I tried Kannada and then English. He spoke in some North Indian dialect that everybody would have a hard time understanding.

Why can't the CISF educate its personnel in English if not the language of the place they are posted to?

Finally I assumed he wanted me to open the rear doors. This delay, caused by the CISF personnel not knowing English or Kannada, caused a mini traffic jam.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:07   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I'd like to disagree here.
Everyone feels the same way about their parent city.
I feel about general Punites like this too.
But people who come to Pune from other states don't
necessarily agree with me.
No offences meant to Kannadigans.
+1 on that.
After having born and brought up in karnataka and spending 7 years in Bangalore, I recently moved to Pune for professional reasons.

This feeling of anyone being soft in a particular city is totally incorrect. For me, it is just a perception gone way too wrong!

Even if we take Bangalore and Pune, the situation is no different and even Puneites are known to be civilzed in mannerisms from a long time but for such instances, things can go wrong anywhere irrespetive of the "softness".

Never drive under an impression that the people in XYZ place are well educated and blah blah.

Incidentally, we have this thread running for long dedicated to the the city's road experiences.

The local versus outsider feeling exists in almost every city which has attracted talent from various corners of our country and I dont see a solution for this in the farthest future!

Most Viewed