Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 12:09   #8251
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Whats with the morons who try to follow ambulance as if they are the persons in hurry! Today I had to drop my wife to her office and took the ORR. While returning towards silk board to goto my office there was an ambulance which was coming behind. So I stopped and gave way to him and just when I was about to start I see a cabbie rushing and trying to follow the ambulance. Even though I was still stopped and not moving, he grazed my car and went.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-car.jpg

I was mad and caught up with him at the next signal but he sheepishly says "sorry, swalpa touch aytu sir" (Sorry, there was a slight touch) and went off.

Sorry for OT but guys any idea how to get this fixed? Repainting is good or just getting it polished is fine?
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 12:18   #8252
Senior - BHPian

You're looking at a full repaint across two panels and possibly also your front bumper. Get it repainted - and I hope you have that indica's license plate. Cite it in your insurance report. The insurer will very likely try to recover at least something from the indica's owner.

Following the ambulance - the guy is probably banking on the fact that anybody with the slightest touch of road sense and decency will pull to another lane and give way for the ambulance to allow it to overtake. This leaves a clear path ahead for overtaking cabbies and tempo traveler drivers.

BTW that's why I bought a matt white car - you can happily touch up the affected spots and it doesn't show up as glaringly as it would if the car was painted shiny black, bright red etc. That's another reason why so many taxi and other vehicles prefer that color - far cheaper to repaint even if repainting becomes necessary rather than a touch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The ORR in Bellandur is chock a block today towards Marathahalli. Reason, a Tempo Traveller hit the flyover entrance today at speed and skidded, blocking two lanes
Let me guess, with "INFANT" written on the back? Whoever the guy is, his drivers aren't exactly the most careful and patient ones on the road. Honkhonkhonkhonkhonk overtake from the left with a tiny gap between the road divider and your fender, do an S curve in front of you etc etc.

Last edited by hserus : 27th May 2015 at 12:29. Reason: merging two posts
Old 27th May 2015, 14:33   #8253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Let me guess, with "INFANT" written on the back? Whoever the guy is, his drivers aren't exactly the most careful and patient ones on the road. Honkhonkhonkhonkhonk overtake from the left with a tiny gap between the road divider and your fender, do an S curve in front of you etc etc.
One hard and fast rule to be followed on Bangalore roads is to maintain maximum possible distance between you and any vehicle that has a sticker that says "INFANTS" !
If put in a situation, where the only choice they have is to slow down or run you over, they will always choose the former!

After that, the driver will just stop the vehicle at the accident spot and walk away without a worry and his bosses would deal with the police later!

Last edited by SR71-Blackbird : 27th May 2015 at 14:34.
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 16:46   #8254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
2 constables from BTP came over and did a wonderful job of ensuring free flow of traffic by closing off the right lane completely at the entrance of the underpass and diverting motorists to use the center and the left lanes.
This.

This is what I find most lacking in the event of a breakdown or any other obstruction on the road in Bangalore.

More often than not, it isn't the obstruction itself, but people looking to avoid the obstruction once they get close enough to realise that the obstruction isn't going to budge

Vehicles need to be guided away from the obstruction rather than be allowed to plough straight into the obstruction and then take evasive action. This will always, always allow faster movement of traffic.
Old 27th May 2015, 17:00   #8255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
"INFANTS" !
If put in a situation, where the only choice they have is to slow down or run you over, they will always choose the former!
I'm sure you meant to write 'latter', as they'd rather bully you/run you over rather than slow down even a wee bit. Patience? Bah! My foot! This is what they believe in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Vehicles need to be guided away from the obstruction rather than be allowed to plough straight into the obstruction and then take evasive action. This will always, always allow faster movement of traffic.
Glad that you wrote obstruction. The myriad vehicles merging onto the ORR in front of EcoSpace (towards Silk board side) ensures that those coming down the preceding flyover end up getting pushed to the right most lane, which unfortunately ends up in a barricade. Those with an iota of sense would try not to stay in that lane, and somehow stay in the middle lane. But there are wizards who think they can stay there till they are an inch away from the barricade and then barge onto the flyover by making other vehicles to their left, vanish.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 17:55   #8256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Those with an iota of sense
If people had this, we would probably not have a thread for ranting about traffic in Bangalore that stretches to 551 pages(and counting!)

That said, what you said makes sense. Chances are that majority of these motorists are regulars on the road and know that there is a barricade stationed there.

Stupidity wears many masks, but none of which so dangerous as Bangalore motorists.
Old 27th May 2015, 18:34   #8257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

Sorry for OT but guys any idea how to get this fixed? Repainting is good or just getting it polished is fine?
From the picture, it doesn't look like you have lost paint, rather the cabs paint is on your car. That can be fixed by some petrol and polish rubbing and then check if there is paint loss. I doubt if you will have to repaint this.
Old 27th May 2015, 19:32   #8258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
From the picture, it doesn't look like you have lost paint, rather the cabs paint is on your car. That can be fixed by some petrol and polish rubbing and then check if there is paint loss. I doubt if you will have to repaint this.
There are two or three non silver colored spots there ..look rust colored. Unless the cab was rusty too.
Old 27th May 2015, 19:32   #8259
BHPian

Quote:
Whats with the morons ...ORR...

Looks like more of paint transfer than damage to your car. I would just rub it off with a bit of diesel followed by a wax polish.

Does anyone know if there were any casualties from the traveller accident? It was upright when I passed by in the morning, but the left side was scratched as if it was dragged for quite some distance after falling on its side.
Old 28th May 2015, 10:22   #8260
Senior - BHPian

Pretty gloomy this morning, I'm guessing because of the heavy rains last night. Looks like people decided to take the day off and stay under the blanket as there was very less traffic. Usually I take and hour and a half to reach office; reached in 45mins this morning
Old 28th May 2015, 11:06   #8261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Looks like people decided to take the day off and stay under the blanket as there was very less traffic.
It was a comfortable and stress free drive for me too. I took the car today and reached my work spot in 21 minutes. It usually takes more than this when I ride to work.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 28th May 2015 at 11:07.
Old 28th May 2015, 15:50   #8262
BHPian

Quote:
he sheepishly says "sorry, swalpa touch aytu sir" (Sorry, there was a slight touch) and went off.
Something similar happened to me yesterday when I was coming out of Prestige Shantiniketan (PSN). The signal just beside gate-1 functions in a very wrong way and is a threat to anyone coming out of the PSN. I always felt that someone would actually hit my car and this thought turned to a reality when a TT brushed against my alto. Unfortunately he fled on realizing what had happened.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20150526_141534.jpg
Old 28th May 2015, 19:02   #8263
BHPian

Heavy traffic jam in BETL flyover towards silk board. Traffic moving in inches.

Last edited by SaNdY_AR : 28th May 2015 at 19:04.
Old 28th May 2015, 19:09   #8264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
Something similar happened to me yesterday when I was coming out of Prestige Shantiniketan (PSN). The signal just beside gate-1 functions in a very wrong way and is a threat to anyone coming out of the PSN. I always felt that someone would actually hit my car and this thought turned to a reality when a TT brushed against my alto. Unfortunately he fled on realizing what had happened.

Attachment 1375887
This can be easily fixed using a rubbing compound. You can try 3M rubbing compound.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 19:31   #8265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Heavy traffic jam in BETL flyover towards silk board. Traffic moving in inches.

You leave after 5:30pm and something or the other happens it gets blocked! And you've the two wheelers snaking through the gaps, knocking your mirrors! Grr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks