Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 09:38   #8266
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
You leave after 5:30pm and something or the other happens it gets blocked! And you've the two wheelers snaking through the gaps, knocking your mirrors! Grr
There was a vehicle break down on BETL yesterday evening. Vehicles had piled up till Naganathpura Jn (on the elevated part of the road).

Looks like there has been an accident in Airport Road around 20 mins back.
Old 29th May 2015, 11:01   #8267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Indeed. Here is the link to the post about the accident.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3718036
Old 29th May 2015, 11:05   #8268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
There was a vehicle break down on BETL yesterday evening. Vehicles had piled up till Naganathpura Jn (on the elevated part of the road).

I was in 2 minds yesterday evening whether to take the BETL or take my usual harlur village route. I usually take harlur village but having done multiple trips on the BETL, I wouldn't have had to pay extra toll.

Luckily I opened google maps and saw the entire flyover dark red from hosa road junction. Thank god I did that. I took the village road and was home in 25mins as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Indeed. Here is the link to the post about the accident.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3718036
I don't think that's the one. Your pics show the Etios being towed and this is reported as 20mins ago. Moreover yours is not airport road but Nagwara junction.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 20:13   #8269
Senior - BHPian

There is an uprooted tree between ASC centre and command hospital. Traffic jam is there.
Old 29th May 2015, 20:15   #8270
BHPian

Slow moving traffic in and around domlur flyover. Took me over 45 minutes to travel from Leela palace to EGL (Dell office). :banghead:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1432910469417.jpg
Old 29th May 2015, 21:21   #8271
Distinguished - BHPian

Terrible gridlock throughout CBD this evening. A friend took 1 hour to travel by cab between UB City & Ulsoor. Please avoid unless absolutely necessary!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 22:40   #8272
Senior - BHPian

I left work 90 minutes after my normal time.

Stayed away from the Nallurahalli Road as it will be an utter mess after the rains. Took Graphite at around 9PM and it was relatively free.

Marathahalli, near Brand Factory is almost always traffic free as long as there is no cop manning that junction. Else, traffic is held up all the way upto Marathahalli Bridge at times. Luckily, no cop there today. *happy dance*.

Smooth sailing until I crossed Domlur. Where there was a huge jam due to Richmond Road being jammed.

Same story every single Friday. Wonder what possible solutions exist for this eternal problem.
Old 30th May 2015, 07:22   #8273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I left work 90 minutes after my normal time.

Stayed away from the Nallurahalli Road as it will be an utter mess after the rains. Took Graphite at around 9PM and it was relatively free.

Same story every single Friday. Wonder what possible solutions exist for this eternal problem.
The other alternative is the Chinnapanahalli road - which takes you across a railway level crossing and then up a narrow road slope to join the highway near ISRO signal - and is a tar road throughout but with the usual massive potholes. The other end of this road is near the Graphite signal (the lane that goes to the Sri Devi Yellamariamma temple). One warning - the "Infant's" tempo traveler / safari / bus guy has his parking lot just off this lane, so watch out for his maniacs on this extremely narrow road.

Oh - if you live somewhere near Domlur, find an office near it - plenty of corporates at the EGL for example

Bangalore traffic is a powerful incentive for a job change. Such a powerful incentive that my new job makes me live in Sarjapur, with travel two days of the week to MG Road and two days of the week to Whitefield. Working from home one day a week is one of those luxuries that I treasure.

Last edited by hserus : 30th May 2015 at 07:26.
Old 30th May 2015, 08:42   #8274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The other alternative is the Chinnapanahalli road - which takes you across a railway level crossing and then up a narrow road slope to join the highway near ISRO signal - and is a tar road throughout but with the usual massive potholes.
The problem with that road is that it is narrow, and more importantly, the railway gate is unpredictable. Once I went to drop a colleague at Purva Fountainsquare at around 8 PM and decided to take this road back home (Yemalur, 5 km). Got stuck about 100m away from the gate, and after the entire evening rush hour traffic on rails passed by (that Bangalore-Salem route sees about 70 trains each way daily, I understand), it took me close to 45 minutes to cross the tracks. Finally, I reached home at 10:30 PM that day. Never again.
Old 30th May 2015, 08:44   #8275
Senior - BHPian

At the time I usually go past there (4:30 PM or so - because I take my usual round of evening calls at home) the road is quite empty and there is no rail traffic scheduled then. Nothing during my morning commute so far either.
Old 30th May 2015, 20:27   #8276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the time I usually go past there (4:30 PM or so - because I take my usual round of evening calls at home) the road is quite empty and there is no rail traffic scheduled then. Nothing during my morning commute so far either.
Probably because schools haven't reopened yet. At the times you mention that road is usually full of various school buses and vans.
Old 30th May 2015, 20:30   #8277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Probably because schools haven't reopened yet. At the times you mention that road is usually full of various school buses and vans.
Ah ok. Thanks for the heads up - then a road to definitely avoid starting on Monday. Unfortunately it is the default choice that google maps pops up, most of the time right now. And, when it is clear, the shortest route from Sarjapur to near the Satya Sai Hospital.
Old 30th May 2015, 23:01   #8278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're looking at a full repaint across two panels and possibly also your front bumper.
Thanks hserus. This will be my last resort if what others have mentioned does not work out and if the scratches are too deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
From the picture, it doesn't look like you have lost paint, rather the cabs paint is on your car. That can be fixed by some petrol and polish rubbing and then check if there is paint loss. I doubt if you will have to repaint this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Looks like more of paint transfer than damage to your car. I would just rub it off with a bit of diesel followed by a wax polish.
Thanks tharian and vinjosep. I will try using the rubbing compound and hope to see that its all gone. Let me try it out tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
Something similar happened to me yesterday when I was coming out of Prestige Shantiniketan (PSN). The signal just beside gate-1 functions in a very wrong way and is a threat to anyone coming out of the PSN. I always felt that someone would actually hit my car and this thought turned to a reality when a TT brushed against my alto. Unfortunately he fled on realizing what had happened.
Unfortunate buddy. It sure does makes the heart cringe on hearing and seeing these things happen to the car for no fault of ours.
Old 1st June 2015, 07:07   #8279
Senior - BHPian

Rotated images

Traffic Alert:

Two BMTC Buses side swipped themselves (particularly their noses) on the right and middle lane.
Expect some jams till their bosses clean up the mess !
Conductors, Drivers, Passengers all charged up against each other.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-forumrunner_20150601_070542.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-forumrunner_20150601_070558.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 1st June 2015 at 07:27.
Old 1st June 2015, 08:39   #8280
Senior - BHPian

Schools have started and the people have gone crazy.
Huge jams everywhere, I couldn't get out of the gate as morons were stopping, dropping their kids and taking U turns wherever they wished causing huge traffic jams near the schools.

Instead of the kids, the educated parents need to be taught a lesson in traffic discipline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks