Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 12:57   #8386
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Is it? I passed via Domlur towards ISRO at 9:40 today morning. No problem whatsoever. I might have crossed the stretch before the incident happened
Old 17th June 2015, 21:36   #8387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Is it? I passed via Domlur towards ISRO at 9:40 today morning. No problem whatsoever. I might have crossed the stretch before the incident happened
Nope, it was there at around 9:00 AM as well, when I was passing by this stretch. Looked like the Civic bashed the Swift from the rear - the Civic's front right was damaged as was the Swift's rear left along with its front tyres.
Old 18th June 2015, 10:05   #8388
BHPian

Dear BHPians

Traffic near Total Mall junction towards Marathahalli on ORR from K R Puram has been a mess all of this week for no apparent reason

Today the back up was all the way near the MORE intersection.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-orr_traffic_jam.jpg

Just wanted to check if any specific change to traffic flow is causing this terrible jam ?

Cheers

Last edited by csateesh : 18th June 2015 at 10:14.
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 10:16   #8389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post

Just wanted to check if any specific change to traffic flow is causing this terrible jam ?

Cheers
Yes. There are cops controlling the traffic at the signal.

They are alternately allowing the main road and service road traffic to pass. The vehicle height bar in front of EMC on the service road is broken and is blocking one lane in the service road. Obviously, some nincompoop has tried to pass through and brought it down.
Added_flavor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 11:06   #8390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I guess this is a bit late; but I came that way at around 10:15 AM (Marathahalli > Domlur direction) and reached office in 30 minutes.
Maybe around 9.30 or before as stated by another Bhpian. I guess I dint track the time properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
This is the location where I spotted the cars yesterday morning. Clicked this picture today morning from my office cab.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1434605577567.jpg
Old 18th June 2015, 11:15   #8391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post

This is the location where I spotted the cars yesterday morning. Clicked this picture today morning from my office cab.
Its beyond total mall/kemp fort while coming from domlur side. Didn't affect me since I take a right turn @ Isro gate
Old 18th June 2015, 11:59   #8392
BHPian

Guys travelling from HSR layout towards Marathahalli everyday.
Do you think the traffic will improve if the service road after the Agara flyover is closed?
Everyday I see buses, tempos and cars crossing the way from right to left, from under the Agara flyover to the service road.
And then there's another bunch who go all the way from left to right at the exit of the service road to join Sarjapur road.
Old 18th June 2015, 13:34   #8393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Dear BHPians

Traffic near Total Mall junction towards Marathahalli on ORR from K R Puram has been a mess all of this week for no apparent reason

Today the back up was all the way near the MORE intersection.

Attachment 1383174

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Yes. There are cops controlling the traffic at the signal.

They are alternately allowing the main road and service road traffic to pass. The vehicle height bar in front of EMC on the service road is broken and is blocking one lane in the service road. Obviously, some nincompoop has tried to pass through and brought it down.
May be is it because of free flowing traffic near KR Puram railway station?!
Noticed BTP installed some kind of railings to control the flow of pedestrians coming out railway station and traffic is very smooth now.

Guess that choke got shifted to Doddenakundi junction
Old 18th June 2015, 16:07   #8394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
May be is it because of free flowing traffic near KR Puram railway station?!
Noticed BTP installed some kind of railings to control the flow of pedestrians coming out railway station and traffic is very smooth now.

Guess that choke got shifted to Doddenakundi junction
And its a long wait for the signal at the Total junction to clear.
It takes anywhere from 4 to 6 min for the lights to go Green from Red, for the traffic towards Marathahalli.
Old 18th June 2015, 18:16   #8395
BHPian

Just now fined wrongly for Overspeeding while I am doing around 45-48kmph on the way from cbi circle to hebbal flyover, on my bike. No matter, how much I tried to convince the inspector that I am not driving beyond 50kmph, he kept saying the instrument has captured your image and you need to pay, that's all. Had to pay off, as it did not make sense to argue with them.

After that I had a chat with the person incharge of capturing the violations, and he said, after dark, the machine does not work capturing the violations as the headlight glare does not let them capture the license plates. So everyone is free to drive at any speed after daylight is gone.
Old 18th June 2015, 18:31   #8396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
So everyone is free to drive at any speed after daylight is gone.
Does the device work only on oncoming vehicles ?? what if you place the speed trap behind the vehicle ? Get my point ?
Old 18th June 2015, 18:55   #8397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Does the device work only on oncoming vehicles ?? what if you place the speed trap behind the vehicle ? Get my point ?

Well police are always strictly lane bound their colleagues will be on the other side do not worry. They never miss a chance.

Secondly this is highly OT have you always noticed you get in their hands only on days you have missed something or just forgotten your Emission cert
Old 18th June 2015, 19:25   #8398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I doubt it would be working with the vehicles that are going away from the trap. Also it would be difficult for them to catch those violators.
Old 18th June 2015, 21:44   #8399
Senior - BHPian

Not exactly related to ranting about Bangalore Traffic, but sure is this a brilliant idea to get the attention of the BBMP!

Look at what someone did to a pothole in Bangalore.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-11224463_10153429928361683_5805101014833006169_n.jpg
ashwin.terminat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 07:48   #8400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Not exactly related to ranting about Bangalore Traffic, but sure is this a brilliant idea to get the attention of the BBMP!

Look at what someone did to a pothole in Bangalore.
Brilliant stuff. Saw it in the newspaper today. But don't think it will prick the conscience of the people responsible for the bad state of the roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks