Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 18:52   #8686
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Does anyone know if the road which connects HSR layout to Harlur road (the road through Vibgyor School) is fixed? about two months back it was beyond horrible.
You could take the road from Somasundarapalaya circle through reliable layout. This is in good condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
ORR, in front of Ecospace, traffic diversions (as proposed by BTP) update :

- Service Road is made "One way" between DBhalli and Bellandur junctions.
- Entry into Ecospace from ORR is stopped.
- Vehicles coming from Marathahalli to Ecospace need to take service road before DBhalli flyover or at DBhalli junction.
- Vehicles exiting from Ecospace and going towards Marathahalli need to go until Bellandur and take a U-turn.
- Vehicles exiting from Ecospace and going towards Silk Board will have an option to climb the flyover from the service road opposite Ecospace main gate.
This is in force for a week now and there are some more changes being done. Right in front of Intel and Ecoworld (Adarsh) there is a new "connection" being made from the service road to the "bus lane" (middle lane between the flyovers). Not fully paved yet, but i took this cut and managed to escape the madness in front of Ecospace. Not sure how this traffic through this will be managed.
Old 4th August 2015, 23:25   #8687
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I saw a private bus that looked to have turned on its side today just after Vydehi while going towards Graphite.
What time did you spot this? We started from our office next to Sathya Sai hospital at 6:30 and by 7:30 pm we had only reached Inorbit (so like 1/2 km in 1 hour!). Got extremely frustrated and by the time we reached Vydehi to turn right onto SAP Labs road, we had lost patience (also considering that SAP Labs road was totally jammed) so continued straight intending to take the bad Nallurahalli road. When we reached the borewell junction, saw some black barrels with road closure notice (but barrels weren't blocking the road). We weren't sure if the road would be open or closed so continued on borewell road to meet Whitefield Main road and followed it past Varthur to meet Sarjapur road and took it to reach HSR Layout! A very long drive (it was my colleague's turn of carpool so astleast I wasn't driving) - but non-stop and we reached HSR @ 8:45 pm finally.
Not sure when we would have reached home had we taken SAP Labs road-> Graphite India Road -> Kundalahalli Gate -> Marathahalli -> Ecospace -> Bellandur .. Grrrr :(
Old 4th August 2015, 23:30   #8688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
What time did you spot this?
I spotted this at around 7:15PM?

It seemed to have just happened a few minutes ago. The pieces of glass from the windshield were still on the road today.

Would've definitely created a huge jam for all traffic heading through Vydehi.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 00:29   #8689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Entry into Ecospace from ORR is stopped.
- Vehicles exiting from Ecospace and going towards Silk Board will have an option to climb the flyover from the service road opposite Ecospace main gate.
And thus BTP failed in common sense.

If there is a gap for vehicles coming out of Ecospace to join ORR and climb Bellandur flyover, what is the guarantee that vehicles coming from Intel flyover ORR won't try to merge into service road ?

Epic Fail, More Chaos !!

My wife has been reporting epic jams here since last one week.
What I would propose is to totally seal the service road from ORR infront of Ecospace. No escaping and hurting ORR traffic which is anyways high.
Would be highly unfortunate for people coming out of Ecospace and going towards Silk Board to get stuck with U-Turn traffic under Bellandur flyover.
But something is better than nothing - Creating chaos on ORR and Service Road simultaneously.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 5th August 2015 at 00:31.
Old 5th August 2015, 01:33   #8690
JD1
BHPian

How we wish that skywalks, comprehensive traffic management plan, better/stronger roads (main / service) be already available before giant parks are opened for business. Alas, that's never going to happen. And what would happen when Ecoworld opens next year! Will have to totally stop traveling on ORR in mornings and evenings.
Old 5th August 2015, 08:22   #8691
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday my office colleague took the ITPL bus that left the campus at 6 PM. It was caught in a massive traffic jam at Vydehi hospital. the bus reached the Graphite India signal at 8 PM
Old 5th August 2015, 09:59   #8692
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
And what would happen when Ecoworld opens next year! Will have to totally stop traveling on ORR in mornings and evenings.
And I have the same feeling about the situation on Old Madras Road-K R Puram Railway Station-ITPL Road when Metro Rail work starts, maybe stop working in Whitefield ?
Old 5th August 2015, 10:13   #8693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Yesterday my office colleague took the ITPL bus that left the campus at 6 PM. It was caught in a massive traffic jam at Vydehi hospital. the bus reached the Graphite India signal at 8 PM
The entire stretch between Big Bazaar and Vydehi was choked yesterday from 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM. Not sure of the reason. Took me 40 mins to cover 4 kMS yesterday by car at 9:15 PM.
Old 5th August 2015, 10:14   #8694
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, its starting. Heard from a colleague of mine that he has turned down a lucrative job offer because its located in Ecospace.
Old 5th August 2015, 11:03   #8695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil_KP View Post
How horrible can the stretch from Marathalli Bridge towards HAL get? I'm yet to know as the last remains of the road vanishes. Because of this the traffic at any time of the day is chaotic. Add to that the bus stop which is right at the bridge junction

If only I had permission the re-lay the road, I would get permission off work to do it myself
A very good thought....count me in if you are thinking of re-laying the road....I would be glad to help too. I think the BBMP is not interested in maintainence any more especially of roads.
Old 5th August 2015, 11:05   #8696
BHPian

A new setup by BTP for the Graphite India Signal. Noticing it for the past two days.
The signal is put to Amber and the traffic from Kundalahalli and Hoodi are both allowed to take a right and left simultaneously.
Cops were manning the junction though.
I had a record time of 50 mins for a 4 km commute from my home in Hoodi to my Office near Ginger Hotel.
Yesterday and today it was 10mins.
It has definitely helped in avoiding the long pile up of vehicles all the way from the ATM-"Y" junction till Graphite India Signal.
I had to be very careful taking the left, since had to keep an eye on both right (for two wheelers, company buses) taking a wide right from Kundalahalli and cars coming in too close from Hoodi side.
Looks to be recipe for side swipe.
Old 5th August 2015, 11:30   #8697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
It has definitely helped in avoiding the long pile up of vehicles all the way from the ATM-"Y" junction till Graphite India Signal.
Perhaps this is working for vehicles coming from Hoodi, but this is an absolute disaster for vehicles coming from Kundalahalli Gate.

Traffic was backed up well before CMRIT today. And when I finally did reach Graphite Signal, I noticed that the traffic coming from Hoodi was sparse.

I am hoping they will go back to using the signal again soon,

Took me an hour to get from Marathahalli Footover Bridge to Vydehi today. By bike, moreover!
Old 5th August 2015, 11:47   #8698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
I had a record time of 50 mins for a 4 km commute from my home in Hoodi to my Office near Ginger Hotel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Took me an hour to get from Marathahalli Footover Bridge to Vydehi today. By bike, moreover!
3 lanes from Hoodi & 3 lanes from Kundanahalli trying to get into 2 lane EPIP road. What else can be expected? I pity the cops trying these workarounds to fix the design flaw.
Old 5th August 2015, 12:25   #8699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

- Service Road is made "One way" between DBhalli and Bellandur junctions.
Hope they may the service road on the opp side also one-way.
Old 5th August 2015, 12:34   #8700
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
The entire stretch between Big Bazaar and Vydehi was choked yesterday from 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM. Not sure of the reason. Took me 40 mins to cover 4 kMS yesterday by car at 9:15 PM.
Couple of friends told me that 3 buses had broken down, one near the Big Bazaar signal and 2 more closer to Vydehi. In most such instances, by the time traffic clears, if you were stuck at the back you never get to know what caused it

Last edited by NPV : 5th August 2015 at 12:35.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks