Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 12:54   #8701
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Any idea why this crazy pile up? I am stuck at jakkasandra and can see the traffic piled up till Bellandur..

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1438759428.287743.jpg
Old 5th August 2015, 12:58   #8702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Any idea why this crazy pile up? I am stuck at jakkasandra and can see the traffic piled up till Bellandur..

Attachment 1399694

Its due to the new traffic arrangement near ecospace. From now onwards even getting into ecospace will be a nightmare.

Seperately, there is a BMTC volvo with blown trye oppsite to JP MORGAN, on the carriageway towards bellandur, which is creating massive pileup all the way till kalamandir. Beware!!
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:49   #8703
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Took me 1 hour to cover the 10 kms from HSR to Prestige Tech Park today, despite leaving an hour earlier at around 9.15. And all this on bike !! On a regular day this takes between 20-30 minutes.

It is getting increasingly frustrating to commute to work now a days on ORR. I am just glad I don't work in whitefield anymore so that's almost 4-5 kms shaved off from the commute.

/**End of Rant**/
Old 5th August 2015, 13:58   #8704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Its due to the new traffic arrangement near ecospace. From now onwards even getting into ecospace will be a nightmare.

Seperately, there is a BMTC volvo with blown trye oppsite to JP MORGAN, on the carriageway towards bellandur, which is creating massive pileup all the way till kalamandir. Beware!!
Add to that they closed the service road in front of Cessna Business Park owing to some work and hell broke loose... there was utter chaos and the effects were seen at Devarabisanahalli transferred to Bellandur, Iblur, so on.. And the odd break down of vehicles did their valuable part
Old 5th August 2015, 14:21   #8705
Team-BHP Support

I went to work early today (location Doddanekundi on ORR) and even though I didn't get stuck, it was pretty apparent even at 8 AM that it will be a bad day on ORR.

I started from BSK 3rd Stage around 7.15 AM and reached my workplace at 8.30 AM, another colleague from the same area started 15 mins later and reached a whopping 1.5 hours after me!
Old 5th August 2015, 14:26   #8706
Senior - BHPian

I think stopping the traffic for pedestrians to cross the road in front of Ecospace itself creates a bottleneck. With the amount of traffic even if a bike stops for 1 minute, it will create a traffic jam :( There are way too many vehicles on this road.
Old 5th August 2015, 14:48   #8707
Senior - BHPian

Safe to say that they way Bangalore is going, location might become a primary reason for acceptance or rejection of a job offer. Pay notwithstanding!

Travelling to Whitefield and thereabouts is getting increasingly difficult. Couple this with degrading and vanishing infrastructure and the number of employees and employers only increasing and the future isn't so hard to figure out.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:56   #8708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Safe to say that they way Bangalore is going, location might become a primary reason for acceptance or rejection of a job offer. Pay notwithstanding!

Travelling to Whitefield and thereabouts is getting increasingly difficult. Couple this with degrading and vanishing infrastructure and the number of employees and employers only increasing and the future isn't so hard to figure out.
All this chaos without metro work having commenced yet. What will be the situation once metro work commences. It is better if the companies start giving the option of work from home.
Old 5th August 2015, 15:08   #8709
Senior - BHPian

IMO the stupid twin flyover design at all these junctions in bellandur ORR area is the root cause of this issue. I have been in this area for the past 8 years and things got worse only after these flyovers came up. If I find the person who designed these, I'll run him over.

On a side note, the people are to be equally blamed. When there is a jam, all these educated morons go on the opp side of the road and block oncoming traffic as well resulting in a deadlock.

Last edited by Jaguar : 5th August 2015 at 15:10.
Jaguar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 15:14   #8710
BHPian

ORR is becoming a nightmare and more so with the strange experiments that the cops carry out with the ever increasing traffic in rush hours. All cities have a rush hour and slow moving traffic but it is shameful to see the chaos and unruliness in Bangalore traffic.
Old 5th August 2015, 15:16   #8711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
It is the reverse case as well. Many companies now clearly ask the candidate on the place where he stays, the choices he have to commute (own a bike, own a car), and also checks the approximate time it takes for a person from the locality to reach the office. So if a bright candidate from Mysore Road applies for a job with an IT company in Whitefield, the company itself may decide not to interview him. We are going back to the day of old Textile Mills in Mumbai; where the labour force of the mill also stayed very close by.
Old 5th August 2015, 15:24   #8712
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
It is the reverse case as well. Many companies now clearly ask the candidate on the place where he stays, the choices he have to commute (own a bike, own a car), and also checks the approximate time it takes for a person from the locality to reach the office. So if a bright candidate from Mysore Road applies for a job with an IT company in Whitefield, the company itself may decide not to interview him. We are going back to the day of old Textile Mills in Mumbai; where the labour force of the mill also stayed very close by.
Can't blame the employer for doing such stuff either. Even if they're willing to provide transport and other amenities (my workplace does), they can't do anything about traffic-related issues and need to account for lost productivity due to such factors when choosing employees.

Abominable situation in a 21st Century metropolis but true nonetheless.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 15:46   #8713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
IMO the stupid twin flyover design at all these junctions in bellandur ORR area is the root cause of this issue. I have been in this area for the past 8 years and things got worse only after these flyovers came up. If I find the person who designed these, I'll run him over.
Absolutely agree on this. Been commuting on this stretch for almost 7 years. Everything was OK till they constructed the flyovers, and for those 1-2 years that the construction work took place it was crazy traffic. Once completed, the traffic eased for maybe 4-6 months. After which we have reached hell'ish situation today.

Every other metro city has also seen a huge spurt in the number people moving to the city but still it isn't as bad as here!
Old 5th August 2015, 16:53   #8714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Took me 1 hour to cover the 10 kms from HSR to Prestige Tech Park today, despite leaving an hour earlier at around 9.15. And all this on bike !! On a regular day this takes between 20-30 minutes.

It is getting increasingly frustrating to commute to work now a days on ORR. I am just glad I don't work in whitefield anymore so that's almost 4-5 kms shaved off from the commute.

/**End of Rant**/

You're Lucky mate. It took me 1hr to cover a distance of 4kms to reach Prestige Tech Park. The Jam was on the other side of the ORR & it started from the U-turn vehicles take to return towards marathalli bridge (after kalmandir)

Found someone who works in the same tech park as me
Old 5th August 2015, 17:20   #8715

The pain of commuting in Bangalore is increasing by the day. Earlier at least the weekends used to give some respite, these days we get stuck in jams and slow moving traffic even over the weekend.
My daily commute is from Vijaya bank colony near IIM to Brigade road, on certain days I feel that vehicles have just stagnated throughout the whole stretch.
At times I think what would be the saturation point of all this, I am sure it’s almost approaching. Purchasing power of common man is increasing and now almost everyone owns a car.
All the politicians are busy making money and the infrastructure is only deteriorating by the day. They should improve public transport to such an extent that even high salaried white collar guys are encouraged to take public transport. This appears to be a distant dream. We can only be hopeful and patiently wait for that day.

Most Viewed