Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 18:19   #8716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil_KP View Post
You're Lucky mate. It took me 1hr to cover a distance of 4kms to reach Prestige Tech Park. The Jam was on the other side of the ORR & it started from the U-turn vehicles take to return towards marathalli bridge (after kalmandir)

Found someone who works in the same tech park as me

Offlate due to daily traffic jams inside and outside ecospace, my wife was so frustrated that i spend more time on road than with her. She was contemplating of shifting our house to basement parking area of pritech tech park. Her argument was that atleast by doing this i would spend more time with her.
kiran_cr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 18:24   #8717
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
You're Lucky mate. It took me 1hr to cover a distance of 4kms to reach Prestige Tech Park. The Jam was on the other side of the ORR & it started from the U-turn vehicles take to return towards marathalli bridge (after kalmandir)
Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Took me 1 hour to cover the 10 kms from HSR to Prestige Tech Park today, despite leaving an hour earlier at around 9.15. And all this on bike !! On a regular day this takes between 20-30 minutes.
Add me to list of people working in Prestige Tech Park. But I generally dont face any jams since I come from Wind Tunnel Road but have to cross a very bad stretch of road
Old 5th August 2015, 18:53   #8718
BHPian

Collapsible barricades have been installed in South bound Hosur road between Kudlu gate and Singasandra. We can expect these barricades on more roads in the days to come.

Also there was a huge traffic jam at Hosa road junction (Hosur Road) today evening due to burning Maruti

-- Wind
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ts_d0004.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ts_d0008.jpg  

Last edited by Wind : 5th August 2015 at 19:10.
Old 5th August 2015, 19:24   #8719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Collapsible barricades have been installed in South bound Hosur road between Kudlu gate and Singasandra. We can expect these barricades on more roads in the days to come.

Also there was a huge traffic jam at Hosa road junction (Hosur Road) today evening due to burning Maruti

-- Wind
I got stuck on Hosa Jn - EC side of the service road. I've never seen such a bad situation in the last 2-3 years. And everyone contributed to it generously, both 2 & 4 wheelers.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-vlcsnap2015080519h16m40s462.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-vlcsnap2015080519h20m58s561.jpg
Old 5th August 2015, 19:59   #8720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Add me to list of people working in Prestige Tech Park.
OT:

Including the three of us and @silversteed , that's 4 of us. I know there are more, we could prolly have a prestige tech park Tbhp working lunch meet
Old 5th August 2015, 20:58   #8721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
OT:

Including the three of us and @silversteed , that's 4 of us. I know there are more, we could prolly have a prestige tech park Tbhp working lunch meet
Make that 5. I work in PTP as well
KiloAlpha is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 22:09   #8722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Make that 5. I work in PTP as well
Even I work at PTP. That makes us half a dozen strong !
Old 5th August 2015, 22:14   #8723
Team-BHP Support

What happened in E-city today? There was a massive pileup from Phase 1 to Hosa road junction on Hosur road.

I have not seen it this bad recently.
Old 6th August 2015, 06:07   #8724
Senior - BHPian

To all the poor souls victimized by the terrible jams in the past 2 days in Whitefield, Bangalore Mirror reports the exact cause.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../48365847.cms?

Quote:
It was a horrific experience for the mostly techies travelling between ITPB (International Tech Park, Bangalore) and Varthur on Tuesday evening as a lorry sunk in the road and could not be moved for hours on end. To make matters worse, a BMTC bus broke down on the other side of the road metres from where the lorry had sized. The cumulative result was a road user's nightmare, even by the standards of the city IT corridor's daily traffic menace. The traffic on the entire stretch came to a grinding halt for over four hours.
Last night, I noticed that traffic was flowing only in one lane, and the other lane was blocked, may be for fixing the issue, by laying more mud, and not tar <sarcasm intended>
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 07:09   #8725
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Last night, I noticed that traffic was flowing only in one lane, and the other lane was blocked, may be for fixing the issue, by laying more mud, and not tar <sarcasm intended>
Didn't you know that mud is now used in all kinds of skin care therapies these days ?
BBMP is just extending the same idea for road care now so that we get those soft, lushy, glowing roads

Last edited by NPV : 6th August 2015 at 07:10.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 08:38   #8726
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What happened in E-city today? There was a massive pileup from Phase 1 to Hosa road junction on Hosur road.

I have not seen it this bad recently.
Sometimes it just can't be a BMTC bus that has suffered a breakdown. There can be a real burning issue like this!!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1438830456163.jpg  

paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 08:53   #8727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Sometimes it just can't be a BMTC bus that has suffered a breakdown. There can be a real burning issue like this!!
If you look up on the same page, you'll see a post by Wind.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3771347

It looks to have a M800 on the left side of the second picture. Same thing?
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 09:44   #8728
BHPian

So the road in question is behind Maharaja Hotel, Koramangala (S.T Bed, 1st main).
It is dug up in patches and left as it is. Large gaps between drainage lids which can cause havoc during rainy season.
This scene (in pictures below) was waiting to happen and it did materialise today morning. Saw this Indica with its front wheel ripped off and stranded at a wrong place - in the middle of a narrow T junction.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1438833372108.jpg
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1438833395838.jpg

Last edited by kp1992 : 6th August 2015 at 09:48.
Old 6th August 2015, 09:56   #8729
BHPian

Left home(koramangala I Block) at 8:45 today morning, took me an hour to reach Salapuria Hallmark. I've never seen such bad traffic in a long time, no vehicle breakdowns contributing to it.

I am really happy to have left ecospace by june end owing to a project change, else the new arrangement would have easily added 30 minutes to my daily commute time.
Old 6th August 2015, 10:46   #8730
BHPian

Queue jumpers who block the traffic from the opposite lane is the biggest menace in this stretch. A hint of traffic and even self driven high end cars do it. To add to this Bangalore Traffic Police seems to give VIP treatment to queue jumpers by clearing them off first making all the people in the queue doubt if they are morons to obey the traffic rules. I just came in to office in a very bad mood today after taking 45 minutes to cover 5 kms from my home to office in ECity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
I got stuck on Hosa Jn - EC side of the service road. I've never seen such a bad situation in the last 2-3 years. And everyone contributed to it generously, both 2 & 4 wheelers.
By the way, if you have a dashcam, please do a favour and report all these 'blocker' cars to the Public Eye site, for violation of lane discipline. Here's the link- http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...icEyePost.aspx
Horizon81 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed