Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 10:54   #8731
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
...report all these 'blocker' cars to the Public Eye site, for violation of lane discipline.
What's your success rate with raising such a violation in the Public Eye? Even when the lanes are clear in picture, BTP's reply has always been "Violation not clear" for all such violations I'd raised. They however are very prompt in booking "Riding without a helmet", though "Using mobile phone" is ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil_KP View Post
Found someone who works in the same tech park as me
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Add me to list of people working in Prestige Tech Park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Including the three of us and @silversteed , that's 4 of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Make that 5. I work in PTP as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Even I work at PTP. That makes us half a dozen strong
Add @vnidta also to the list. Could be more. We might have run into each other, but never realised!

Last edited by silversteed : 6th August 2015 at 11:05. Reason: Adding OT stuff
Old 6th August 2015, 11:12   #8732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

Add @vnidta also to the list. Could be more. We might have run into each other, but never realised!
I work in Salapuria hallmark, Please count me also for any planned meets.
Old 6th August 2015, 11:17   #8733
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Queue jumpers who block the traffic from the opposite lane is the biggest menace in this stretch.
Faced a lot of these on small roads (the shortcuts we take to reach ITPL). The bikers literally jam all sides; today causing almost 30 wasted minutes.

On separate note, what's up with Graphite India Signal today. Saw a big troop of traffic police at the junction around 10:45am -including what seemed like Senior officials from their demeanor and Bolero. The always-Amber light seen since last 2 days was gone and we were back to Green/Red combo on both sides so that was a relief. I hope the Senior officials present there do not make any sudden and sweeping changes at that junction like the ones made at Manyata and Ecospace!
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 11:24   #8734
BHPian

Saw the traffic police breaking the median on Bus lanes, adjacent to belundur flyovers near Ecospace. Looks like they will make it one broad road in between the flyovers and make full use of space. Not sure if this will work but at least they are trying to solve the problem in/around ecospace.
Old 6th August 2015, 11:28   #8735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Faced a lot of these on small roads (the shortcuts we take to reach ITPL). The bikers literally jam all sides; today causing almost 30 wasted minutes.

On separate note, what's up with Graphite India Signal today. Saw a big troop of traffic police at the junction around 10:45am -including what seemed like Senior officials from their demeanor and Bolero. The always-Amber light seen since last 2 days was gone and we were back to Green/Red combo on both sides so that was a relief. I hope the Senior officials present there do not make any sudden and sweeping changes at that junction like the ones made at Manyata and Ecospace!
Graphite signal traffic experiments have created havoc in AECS layout. Queues in the morning extend from graphite all the way back to Kundalahalli gate. Residents cannot exit the layout due to massive jams. Buses are entering the layout due to heavy blocks on main road. There was half a km traffic jam with in the layout today morning. Hope this madness ends soon.
Previously cops needed to manage only the graphite junction. Now the bottle necks are shifted at-least to two more junctions and poor traffic constables on the ground don't have a clue what to do.

Last edited by poloman : 6th August 2015 at 11:31.
Old 6th August 2015, 11:47   #8736
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ecospace experiments kicking into high gear. Today morning there was a cop vehicle stationed in front of Ecospace to prevent entry from the ring road into Ecospace (Ecospace traffic needs to come on service road from before/under the Intel fly over).

And not sure what other experiments were in progress. Caused my daughters school bus to be delayed by 40 min due to the traffic adjustments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Saw the traffic police breaking the median on Bus lanes, adjacent to belundur flyovers near Ecospace. Looks like they will make it one broad road in between the flyovers and make full use of space. Not sure if this will work but at least they are trying to solve the problem in/around ecospace.
They paving work for enabling a U Turn before the Belandur jn (Opposite Chef Bakers) also is done. The median breaking was the last step. I think this is a good idea, since it makes use of the permanently closed lane which is otherwise wasted road space. The problem is that if they use this lane for traffic towards Marathahalli, it will still need to funnel into 1-1.5 lane at the end of the flyover where the bus lane merges with the main road.

But with the sheer volume of vehicles in this stretch, need to see if any of these will have a visible impact.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 6th August 2015 at 11:52.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 11:51   #8737
JD1
BHPian

Also saw atleast one road rage between 2 cabbies on service road prior to Central Mall Bellandur, most likely caused by cab (and other vehicles) traveling in opposite lane instead of waiting in own lane like others thereby blocking opposite side.
Colleague reported another road rage on same service road between Auto and private vehicle. They should have ensured no lane violation on service road before all the Ecospace changes.
Old 6th August 2015, 13:03   #8738
Senior - BHPian

This week has been horrible for ORR traffic. Only way to solve the mess on this road is to build fly overs going over buildings !

OT: Wasim Akram was shot at in a road rage incident in Karachi.
Old 6th August 2015, 13:54   #8739
BHPian

Yesterday evening the mess was as usual and a long queue had formed inside Ecoworld as the volume of traffic has gone up. Anyway , to add to the woes the IT park security have made a pseudo divider so that you are forced into the traffic jam and cannot take a U-turn and go back. I got caught in this but my lucky stars were such that I was able to travel about 400 mts in reverse and then take a turn and go the other way via Adarsh. I wonder why the security inside the Ecoworld are forcing people to take this road.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:12   #8740
BHPian

Tweets from Dr. M A Saleem, IPS ‏ @AddlCPTraffic

Quote:
Road users of Bellandur and adjoining areas of ORR may send suggestions to improve traffic in the area to 'addlcptrafficbcp@gmai.com'
Quote:
Visited ORR on Bellandur and nearby areas along with traffic consultants. Met ORRCA team. Situation is grim. Will try to reduce congestion
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 18:03   #8741
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if BTP did something or it was a stroke of freak luck, I reached home from PTP to HSR in 20 minutes. Except the deadlock atop Kadubisnahalli flyover, it was more or less free flowing all the way.
Old 6th August 2015, 18:50   #8742
Senior - BHPian

Its horrible currently. From my office in Cessna, I ca see a km long queue just to get out of the campus.

Last two days, its been horrible. People are spending more time at work just looking out at the road conditions !

If they did something different its time for them to change it back.
Old 6th August 2015, 19:30   #8743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On BTP request, BMTC provided a wrecker at Marathalli junction- ORR, to immediate action towards bus break downs issues on ORR.
Hopefully, this will help cutting down traffic snarls due to the oh-so-frequent BMTC bus breakdowns.
Old 7th August 2015, 07:32   #8744
BHPian

The Road Between Kalyani Kala Mandir and Kalyani Motors, Belikahalli on Bannerghatta Road was dug again when I passed at 6 AM. The road was closed and one has to take the road on the opposite direction.

The situation dint look like they were going to open the road any time soon before the peak hour

Regards
Old 7th August 2015, 09:03   #8745
Distinguished - BHPian

So the latest attempt to solve the Ecospace mess has been implemented.

Been discussed before, but to summarize, a new u turn has been opened up before belandur jn from ecospace service road.
The median has been removed and both the bus lanes now take traffic towards marathahalli.
The merge with the ring road at the end of the flyover has been adjusted so that both the lanes can merge onto the main orr towards marathahalli without creating too much of a funnel effect.

Same thing has been done under the Intel flyover to enable vehicles coming from silk board side to turn into the Ecospace service road without reaching the junction itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1438917910198.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1438918396994.jpg  

Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed